• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Ecoboost Bronco!!

Started by StealBlueSho, August 25, 2020, 09:05:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StealBlueSho

The long awaiting Bronco is going to be available 2021 and will be powered by the Ford Ecoboost motor!!! Check out the options here!

https://www.ford.com/bronco/

You will have the options of the 2.3L EB and the 2.7 EB motors..

2.3L Turbo - 270HP/310TQ
2.7L Twin Turbo - 310HP/400TQ

bpd1151

Neat to see.

But too bad it isn't offering the 3.5.

Tsl tsk tsk.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

limited02

Quote from: bpd1151 on August 25, 2020, 09:20:29 AM
Neat to see.

But too bad it isn't offering the 3.5.

Tsl tsk tsk.

Personally, I'd rather the 5.0 be an option and you are probably more than aware, but the 2.7 is no slouch and easily on par with the 3.5 mod for mod. 

If a tuned Explorer ST can pull a tire from a dig, I have no doubt a tuned Bronco will easily do the same!

bpd1151

The 2.7 is now slouch for sure, but geezuz, that's asking an awful lot of an engine of that size that's gotta lug around the sheer mass of a Bronco.

I'd be worried about longevity.

Even more so with the 2.3 option.

I suppose time will tell.

StealBlueSho

So I read an article that talked the differences between the 3.5 and 2.7...

I will paraphrase but in short, the 3.5 block was originally part of the duratec family and was heavily modified as the EB it is today... However the 2.7 was designed from the ground up to be boosted so it's less problematic and supposedly better longevity. Thus why the 2.7 is slowly becoming the engine of choice for the EB family line...

Not sure how much truth there is, but that's what the article eluded too...

Moisme33

I wonder if the transmission, ptu, and rear differential the bronco has are built beefier and much more stout to deal with the weight/ conditions they may think the bronco will be in. If those parts are beefier, I hope they would be interchangeable or at least an adapter of some sort could be made to make those parts work for our platform.

limited02

Quote from: bpd1151 on August 26, 2020, 12:18:20 PM
The 2.7 is now slouch for sure, but geezuz, that's asking an awful lot of an engine of that size that's gotta lug around the sheer mass of a Bronco.

I'd be worried about longevity.

Even more so with the 2.3 option.

I suppose time will tell.

The 2.7TT is lugging around Crew Cab 4x4 F150's pretty darn well, so it shouldn't be a problem with a lighter Bronco and the 10-speed auto will help make easy work of it.  The 2.3 on the other hand will feel taxed similarly as it does in Explorers, but when you're going 1.5 mph to flex on a curb in the mall parking lot, it should more than do the job.