• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

New Member, 2013 Taurus SHO

Started by wnixon15, August 24, 2020, 12:35:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wnixon15

Hi everyone, My name is Will and I have a 2013 white SHO. Currently stock except for a catback exaust done by the previous owner, but I am hoping to tune it up over the next couple of months.
2013 Taurus SHO- catback 3r racing exaust

StealBlueSho

Quote from: wnixon15 on August 24, 2020, 12:35:16 PM
Hi everyone, My name is Will and I have a 2013 white SHO. Currently stock except for a catback exaust done by the previous owner, but I am hoping to tune it up over the next couple of months.

Welcome Will!! This is a great group of enthusiasts so please feel free to ask any questions you may have? Do you happen to know which exhaust you have on the car? Post up some pictures!

SM105K

Welcome to the SHO Will.  There is a ton of information about our cars here.  Most mainstream tuners are good.  However, all have their strengths and weaknesses.  Do your research and take your time before making a decision.  Below are the tuners most of us go to.   

AJPTurbo
Gearhead
Ortiz
Unleashed

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

wnixon15

Quote from: StealBlueSHO on August 24, 2020, 01:20:50 PM

Welcome Will!! This is a great group of enthusiasts so please feel free to ask any questions you may have? Do you happen to know which exhaust you have on the car? Post up some pictures!

Thanks! I'm going to have plenty of questions I'm sure, I'm trying to catch up on what's been covered so I'm not asking redundant questions :)
It's a 3r racing catback exaust

wnixon15

Quote from: SM105K on August 24, 2020, 02:01:48 PM

Welcome to the SHO Will.  There is a ton of information about our cars here.  Most mainstream tuners are good.  However, all have their strengths and weaknesses.  Do your research and take your time before making a decision.  Below are the tuners most of us go to.   

AJPTurbo
Gearhead
Ortiz
Unleashed

I have heard a lot about Livernois with the Ecoboost engines, and they are pretty close to me. Is the consensus that LMS is good or not necessarily?

ridered74

Quote from: wnixon15 on August 24, 2020, 10:16:12 PM

AJPTurbo
Gearhead
Ortiz
Unleashed

I have heard a lot about Livernois with the Ecoboost engines, and they are pretty close to me. Is the consensus that LMS is good or not necessarily?

Consensus is you'd be better off pouring 5 gallons of gasoline on your car and tossing a match on it than using Livernois.

I didn't have any issues with them on my 2011, but nothing but problems when I upgraded to a 2015. Gearhead or AJP Turbo or leave it stock would all be better than using LMS.
Gearhead E30 tune, Gearhead intercooler, LMS firestorm hpfp, catted downpipes, corsa catback, 160 degree thermostat, 3 bar map, upgraded AD trans mounts, MSD coils, Nitto 555R drag tires on front, AR924 wheels and BFG sport comp 2 summer tires on rear, and an EPP intake.

12.2479 @ 118.05 fastest trap
11.591 @ 114.89   fastest ET

SM105K

Quote from: ridered74 on August 24, 2020, 11:40:03 PM
Quote from: wnixon15 on August 24, 2020, 10:16:12 PM

AJPTurbo
Gearhead
Ortiz
Unleashed

Consensus is you'd be better off pouring 5 gallons of gasoline on your car and tossing a match on it than using Livernois.

I didn't have any issues with them on my 2011, but nothing but problems when I upgraded to a 2015. Gearhead or AJP Turbo or leave it stock would all be better than using LMS.

I would not let LMS tune my lawnmower.  AJPTurbo or GH is where I would go, if I were you.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

Macgyver

If you want an auto octane tune. Gear Head. They have great customer service.

Unleashed does great work and has great customer service.

AJP Turbo is great but he takes a little more time than the other guys to get the tune done as he has a day job.

PDSHO

2013 Taurus Police Interceptor. AWD, Eco-Boost. SOLD
2015 Lincoln Navigator L, 4x4, Eco-Boost.
2016 Taurus Police Interceptor, Eco-Boost
2014 Lincoln MKS Eco-Boost

Night Hawk

Welcome aboard!!  Any of the above mentioned reputable tuners are good to go, I personally
   have had great luck with Livernois throughout the years on two SHOs and a Fiesta ST. Fusion
   Sport is next!! Good luck with everything, this forum is a great information source with great
   members!
2017 Fusion Sport
GFB DivValve/165* Thermo
K&N Panel/CFM Breather
Ult Perf Int Garrett Core/MKZ oil cooler
FMS 70mm TB/ NGK .026/LMS V6 93