• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2011 MKS Ecoboost

Started by Mml665, August 23, 2020, 09:49:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mml665

Ok so new round of issues, started the car started hearing a strange rattling noise, almost like firecrackers popping (at times sounding like a blown speaker), with what sounded like a strange exhaust noise. Power seemed fine, the noise was only heard when initially accelerating, eventually cleared up the firecracker noise and the strange exhaust. I stopped to get gas, started the car up, and A strong burning smell on the outside of the car, I pulled over couldn't see anything and the smell cleared up. I made a second stop, got in the car started once more smoke smell again but not as much. The battery light comes on as I'm driving, I turn off the a/c, battery light goes away.  After a 1/2 mile I test the A/C it's blowing hot,  I turn it off. Battery light comes back on. I rush home, by the time I get in the driveway the car starts running a little rougher. I hear a sound which sounds like an exhaust leak, I look under the car and I see a thick strand of the serpentine belt hanging. On Saturday I did have the new front struts, strut mounts, cv axle, and belt tensioner installed.

So I'm thinking serpentine belt is shredded, or is shredding.  It's to dark for me to see, even my iPhone flashlight was useless. Do you forum members have any I sight, what scared me most was the rough running at idle in the driveway when I returned. Any insight is greatly appreciated.