• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Walk me through a tune transaction with Gearhead

Started by 6500rpm, August 22, 2020, 06:07:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

6500rpm

Getting ready to purchase a SCT tuner and tunes through Gearhead and had a few general questions..

SCT 7015 X4 tuner  (I have Ford IDS at work for other things)
* How many tunes come with the tuner+tunes package?  This is a daily 13 PP, so the Auto Octane is a given, but locally I have 89, 91, 93 available and E85 if I want to blend.

*After I make the purchase, it looks like they send a form for what mods have been performed,  my assumption is that it's  more than ample to list items and no need to call. I've got a fairly basic load out.

*Any forum perks

More than a few of you have dealt with  Matt, just trying to  avoid  any unnecessary phone calls.

Thanks

2013 SHO PP in Ruby Red Metallic, GTG Billet Grills, Duraflex Racer Chin Spoiler, DriveBright LED Driving/Turn Lights,160 T Stat, MSD Coils, All Royal Purple Lubricants, EPP Gen 2 Duel Intake and hotpipes,3 bar, Gearhead AO tuned!

StealBlueSho

So the transaction is very simple, order the tune on line, you will get a confirmation email with your order.

You will then get a link in the email...

https://www.ghtuning.com/ecoboost-tuning-sheet/

It will ask for name, email, phone, order number, mods, a couple click it items, SCT device serial, and strategy number.

In a couple days you will receive your Auto Octane tune. This tune will cover the four popular octanes at the pump and scale power accordingly. 87, 89, 91, and 93.

I believe you will need to pay for a separate tune for the E30 but Gearhead will only tune for ethanol blends if you have a HPFP.

@mattr can provide some insight...

Overall the process is pretty seamless and unless you have a burning desire, you don't need to have any human interaction..

As of right now, there are no discounts for EBPF members.

Hope this helps!!

StealBlueSho

Just talked to Matt, the cost of an E30 tune if you already purchased the AO tune is $50. It's the same cost as a revision.

Good luck!!

Michigan-SHO

So if the tune, out of the box, isn't quite right, do you have to pay $50 to have it corrected?
It seems like a given that each car and circumstance would be different, therefore, necessitating a revision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2016 Shadow Black SHO non-PP. Bone stock...for now

StealBlueSho

Quote from: Michigan-SHO on August 22, 2020, 07:11:47 PM
So if the tune, out of the box, isn't quite right, do you have to pay $50 to have it corrected?
It seems like a given that each car and circumstance would be different, therefore, necessitating a revision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No, I have never heard of Gearhead charging for a modification to an AO tune if it needed it.

6500rpm

Thanks SBS, that pretty much has my questions covered!
2013 SHO PP in Ruby Red Metallic, GTG Billet Grills, Duraflex Racer Chin Spoiler, DriveBright LED Driving/Turn Lights,160 T Stat, MSD Coils, All Royal Purple Lubricants, EPP Gen 2 Duel Intake and hotpipes,3 bar, Gearhead AO tuned!

ridered74

He needs to up his prices. I got my AO tune for a hundred bucks, then another 50 bucks for the E30 tune. Other tuners are charging 250-300 for JUST an E30 tune with upgraded hpfp.
Gearhead E30 tune, Gearhead intercooler, LMS firestorm hpfp, catted downpipes, corsa catback, 160 degree thermostat, 3 bar map, upgraded AD trans mounts, MSD coils, Nitto 555R drag tires on front, AR924 wheels and BFG sport comp 2 summer tires on rear, and an EPP intake.

12.2479 @ 118.05 fastest trap
11.591 @ 114.89   fastest ET

TopherSho

Hey anyone running non-e30 from gearhead?  How's it compare to Brad???

And anyone running meth with GH?
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

6500rpm

Quote from: ridered74 on August 23, 2020, 12:41:15 AM
He needs to up his prices. I got my AO tune for a hundred bucks, then another 50 bucks for the E30 tune. Other tuners are charging 250-300 for JUST an E30 tune with upgraded hpfp.

Easy there cowboy (  ;

6500rpm

So I  placed my order. When the SCT comes in, I pull my strategy  code, enter the device number and my mods on the form, then in a few days I'll get an email with tune download...correct?

What's the latest greatest sparkplug number and gap for the AO tune without larger turbos or methanol?

StealBlueSho

Quote from: 6500rpm on August 23, 2020, 03:49:33 PM
So I  placed my order. When the SCT comes in, I pull my strategy  code, enter the device number and my mods on the form, then in a few days I'll get an email with tune download...correct?

What's the latest greatest sparkplug number and gap for the AO tune without larger turbos or methanol?
These are the latest plugs

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-12405-35T

And gapped at .028

6500rpm

Really have to say thanks SBS, had the tune in for a week, installed the new plugs today. Even though the old plugs looked to have been in exceptional condition and gapped at .030, the new plugs gapped at .028" have a noticeable difference at idle and in overall driveability. A+, it's  little bits of seemingly insufficient information like sparkplugs and gap that can make a big difference real world!

StealBlueSho

Quote from: 6500rpm on September 07, 2020, 09:34:48 PM
Really have to say thanks SBS, had the tune in for a week, installed the new plugs today. Even though the old plugs looked to have been in exceptional condition and gapped at .030, the new plugs gapped at .028" have a noticeable difference at idle and in overall driveability. A+, it's  little bits of seemingly insufficient information like sparkplugs and gap that can make a big difference real world!
Glad to help!!!!! And fantastic that everything is going soo well.