• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

11 Second Club Questions / Dragy times etc...

Started by StinkinLinkin13, August 20, 2020, 04:29:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StinkinLinkin13

So I've been working with Brad for a while now. Finally got everything looking decent in the logs and according to him I should be in or near the 11 sec club zone. HOWEVER... Recent Dragy runs are pulling at around  at only 12.6 on the low end. (That's Livernois 93 V11 tune area) Idk what gives... I should have everything needed to get at least close. At this point I'm a bit disappointed in my results... I'm running E40 plus Meth not sure what's wrong.

I get its Dragy and its not on a sticky track but for perspective my Dragy runs on my E85 Meth Livernois Tunes were @ 12.4 and Best Track time was 12.2 @ 116 or so.
So because I was fairly close with that canned tune I honestly thought shaving off 3-4 tenths would be a walk in the park with Brad. Granted I haven't made it to the track yet and the car feels fairly strong IDK why the Dragy numbers just aren't there. Any thoughts or advice is appreciated. Thanks.
Livernois Catless downpipes with Totalflow mufflers - AJP E40/Meth tune - Firestorm HPFP - DW 300 LPFP - Kenne Bell Boost-a-Pump - 3 Bar Map - Alky Controls Meth Injection - 160° Thermostat - EPP Hot Pipes - AEM Dryflow Filter - BOV VTA - SSM Polyurethane Torque Struts - H&R Sport Springs - 20"x10" Niche Veronas on 275/40-20 DWS06 -

StealBlueSho

Quote from: StinkinLinkin13 on August 20, 2020, 04:29:31 PM
So I've been working with Brad for a while now. Finally got everything looking decent in the logs and according to him I should be in or near the 11 sec club zone. HOWEVER... Recent Dragy runs are pulling at around  at only 12.6 on the low end. (That's Livernois 93 V11 tune area) Idk what gives... I should have everything needed to get at least close. At this point I'm a bit disappointed in my results... I'm running E40 plus Meth not sure what's wrong.

I get its Dragy and its not on a sticky track but for perspective my Dragy runs on my E85 Meth Livernois Tunes were @ 12.4 and Best Track time was 12.2 @ 116 or so.
So because I was fairly close with that canned tune I honestly thought shaving off 3-4 tenths would be a walk in the park with Brad. Granted I haven't made it to the track yet and the car feels fairly strong IDK why the Dragy numbers just aren't there. Any thoughts or advice is appreciated. Thanks.
You checked to make sure your OAR is still maxed out negative?

Is the car mechanically sound? Any reason to suspect a compression issue resulting in low power?

3-4 tenths is A LOT. I can't see your mod signature but there have been only a small (and I mean silly small) amount of people hitting 11's with stock turbos without removing weight from their cars. And Lincoln's weigh even more I think...

Did you datalog that draggy run? Might be worth seeing if you had a knock event or something similar?

Just throwing ideas..

StinkinLinkin13

I'm only going by his experience/word. I'm assuming my tune is in the range of those who have dipped into the 11s. Idk any specifics for OARs etc. I guess my concern is that according to Dragy times I'm actually slower now. Which is opposite the goal when moving tuners. Mechanically its a Ford brand new/reman engine with new turbos and manifold etc... maybe 2k on it. Updated sig as well for current mod list.

On my LMS E85 Meth tune. I was 12.2 no seats and spare. But still ran consistent 12.3 full weight with Dragy times on the street at 12.4. I guess I was just anticipating at least comparable times on the street.
Since tuning with Brad I've actually added more mods such as the DW LPFP and Kenne Bell BoostaPump. Idk.
Livernois Catless downpipes with Totalflow mufflers - AJP E40/Meth tune - Firestorm HPFP - DW 300 LPFP - Kenne Bell Boost-a-Pump - 3 Bar Map - Alky Controls Meth Injection - 160° Thermostat - EPP Hot Pipes - AEM Dryflow Filter - BOV VTA - SSM Polyurethane Torque Struts - H&R Sport Springs - 20"x10" Niche Veronas on 275/40-20 DWS06 -

Dannymack

What is the DA difference between your old runs and the latest ones? I lost over .5 sec with the DA increases here between February and April alone.
2013 MKS EcoBoost Fully Loaded
AJP E40 Tuned
XDI-35
Godspeed Springs
EBC Yellow Brake Pads

ridered74

This probably isn't what you want to hear, but my dragy times on the street have always been extremely consistent with what I run at the track as long as temps and DA are similar.
Gearhead E30 tune, Gearhead intercooler, LMS firestorm hpfp, catted downpipes, corsa catback, 160 degree thermostat, 3 bar map, upgraded AD trans mounts, MSD coils, Nitto 555R drag tires on front, AR924 wheels and BFG sport comp 2 summer tires on rear, and an EPP intake.

12.2479 @ 118.05 fastest trap
11.591 @ 114.89   fastest ET

GotGrip?

This may be a taboo thing to say buuuut, if you're running e85 and meth and you haven't cracked the 11's, that sounds like a pretty terrible tune. This seems like the biggest advertisement for not using LMS.
2016 SHO Non-PP, GH/AJP E30 Tune,3Bar MAP, K&N Typoon, EPP Noisemaker Delete, H&R Springs, ZEDD SL5 19x9.5, PS Drilled/Slotted rotors, TreadStone TR8C FMIC, SSM Trans Mounts, TCE Custom Catted DPs, FMIC Sprayer, XDI35

Current Dyno: 421/503 (pre-dp/XDI)

bpd1151

Quote from: GotGrip? on August 21, 2020, 11:22:53 AMThis seems like the biggest advertisement for not using LMS.

I can think of one bigger reason. LOL.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

GotGrip?

Quote from: bpd1151 on August 21, 2020, 12:18:18 PM

Quote from: GotGrip? on August 21, 2020, 11:22:53 AMThis seems like the biggest advertisement for not using LMS.

I can think of one bigger reason. LOL.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

s***, you got me there.... ANOTHER advertisement!
2016 SHO Non-PP, GH/AJP E30 Tune,3Bar MAP, K&N Typoon, EPP Noisemaker Delete, H&R Springs, ZEDD SL5 19x9.5, PS Drilled/Slotted rotors, TreadStone TR8C FMIC, SSM Trans Mounts, TCE Custom Catted DPs, FMIC Sprayer, XDI35

Current Dyno: 421/503 (pre-dp/XDI)

802SHO

Quote from: StinkinLinkin13 on August 20, 2020, 09:10:33 PM
I'm only going by his experience/word. I'm assuming my tune is in the range of those who have dipped into the 11s. Idk any specifics for OARs etc. I guess my concern is that according to Dragy times I'm actually slower now. Which is opposite the goal when moving tuners. Mechanically its a Ford brand new/reman engine with new turbos and manifold etc... maybe 2k on it. Updated sig as well for current mod list.

On my LMS E85 Meth tune. I was 12.2 no seats and spare. But still ran consistent 12.3 full weight with Dragy times on the street at 12.4. I guess I was just anticipating at least comparable times on the street.
Since tuning with Brad I've actually added more mods such as the DW LPFP and Kenne Bell BoostaPump. Idk.
Where are you shifting for rpm?  How much spark do you use?  Dragy can be whack though too?  At the track last year first using it it was always a 3-5 hundredths too slow.  But this year it told me I was 1.5 tenths faster than I actually was.  But the battery on it was very low so that probably was a contributing factor!  It said I ran an 11.75 when it was actually a 11.90.  Then it said I ran 11.70 when it was actually 11.67.  But the battery ....as I was typing this I remember it was ready to die at any second so maybe that's why it was so off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

StinkinLinkin13

Lets try not to get sidetracked... I think 12.2 is very impressive/respectable for a "canned tune". My E85 tune was Meth dependent of course and using the regular Firestorm HPFP with stock LPFP and no Boost a pump plus on stock injectors of course. Honestly I prefer the feel of that tune over this one right now. Not having to blend fuel is also plus.

Anyhow my understanding is Dragy is overall very accurate. DA always sucks down here but the last runs I did it wasn't too bad however still underperformed by a lot IMO.
As I understand it Brad likes everything in the logs, shift points, spark, stft etc... Seems reluctant to push it any harder and thinks I should be in or close to that Club... So I'm a little baffled. The car feels strong. Some traction issues exist but nothing I feel should be costing that much time... I was just expecting to see better Dragy times at this point. 12.1 zone at least. 12.6 is just really disappointing especially after the additional fuel system mods I've added.

802SHO

Quote from: StinkinLinkin13 on August 21, 2020, 04:29:57 PM
Lets try not to get sidetracked... I think 12.2 is very impressive/respectable for a "canned tune". My E85 tune was Meth dependent of course and using the regular Firestorm HPFP with stock LPFP and no Boost a pump plus on stock injectors of course. Honestly I prefer the feel of that tune over this one right now. Not having to blend fuel is also plus.

Anyhow my understanding is Dragy is overall very accurate. DA always sucks down here but the last runs I did it wasn't too bad however still underperformed by a lot IMO.
As I understand it Brad likes everything in the logs, shift points, spark, stft etc... Seems reluctant to push it any harder and thinks I should be in or close to that Club... So I'm a little baffled. The car feels strong. Some traction issues exist but nothing I feel should be costing that much time... I was just expecting to see better Dragy times at this point. 12.1 zone at least. 12.6 is just really disappointing especially after the additional fuel system mods I've added.
Brad said the same thing to me when I did a Dragy with my new tune and it was slower than I was last year...he said the logs look good.  So I still have much to learn but the logs do look great...however in a similar situation...I spent a nice chunk of change to go faster and so far I am disappointed....however my tune is less timing and shifting earlier so that clearly is not helping performance.  Brad seems reluctant to up the tune...I think he's worried about adding another popped motor to his list to be honest.  Which is a double edge sword bc that's actually great bc I don't want it to have an issue either...however the 4K I spent needs to improve my performance .....or it was a complete waste of money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

StealBlueSho

I know it's not a popular opinion....

But the LMS tunes utilizing the their HPFP have been very solid. I ran 12.2 with minimal modifications on their E30 tune consistently.  I took 3 tenths off that switching to GH and adding turbos along with downpipes.

Point being, run what makes you comfortable. Nothing wrong with liking your LMS tune if it performs well.

Their business practices are a different story...

SM105K

Quote from: StealBlueSHO on August 21, 2020, 05:06:06 PM
I know it's not a popular opinion....

But the LMS tunes utilizing the their HPFP have been very solid. I ran 12.2 with minimal modifications on their E30 tune consistently.  I took 3 tenths off that switching to GH and adding turbos along with downpipes.

Point being, run what makes you comfortable. Nothing wrong with liking your LMS tune if it performs well.

Their business practices are a different story...

100% agree.  If your LMS tune works and you are happy...keep it.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

FiveLeeter918

can you post pics of the Dragy runs? you should be able to compare and see where you are falling short with Brad's tune.
- Lee
Technical Sales, Ortiz Tuning and Performance
F-150, Mustang, Lincoln MKS, Taurus SHO and Ford Flex Tuning

Ortiz Performance Vendor Forum | Find us on Facebook! | Shop Today!