• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Anyone have the X35 spacer installed yet?

Started by xartic1, August 16, 2020, 01:25:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xartic1

I'm curious to see what kind of difference the spacer is making for the 3.5. I installed a Mishimoto J-Line intercooler on my Ex Sport and it has helped with temps but I'm further seeking temperature reduction.
2014 Explorer Sport - Livernois 91 tune, 3 Bar MAP, Bilstein B6's, Dicunzolo Transmission Mounts, Mishimoto J-Line FMIC, AEM Drop In Filter, Steeda Rear Sway Bar, PPE Engineering Catless Downpipes, Reische 170 T-stat
2011 Mustang GT Brembo - Bama 91 tune, Steeda Intake,  LTH, 3" full exhaust with O/R X-Pipe no resonator, every possible suspension component replaced, weighs 3505 with 1/4 gas

802SHO

Quote from: xartic1 on August 16, 2020, 01:25:08 AM
I'm curious to see what kind of difference the spacer is making for the 3.5. I installed a Mishimoto J-Line intercooler on my Ex Sport and it has helped with temps but I'm further seeking temperature reduction.
I don't know of much of a difference I'm still unsure about it to be honest.  Back to back 3rd gear pulls same road and same tune before and after the spacer I was down according to virtual dyno I was down a lot in power....like way too much for it to even make sense...before I take spacer above numbers and after is below. 

At the track and after 3 hours of driving I let the car cool down with just the hood open for about 45 min then 3 bags of ice for about 30 min, first run ran 11.90.  Hot lapped it(went back around to go again with no cool down) let the car idle for 15 min waiting to go IAT2 got to about 147 and stayed there...then I ran 11.67...with the car considerably hotter....so idk. 

I have some dowels now that I can install to align the spacer dead nuts and there is a little bit of a transition from spacer to manifold so if I port them to match then we'll see.  But so far I'm actually worried it's decreasing performance. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

xartic1

Quote from: 802SHO on August 16, 2020, 02:07:53 PM
I don't know of much of a difference I'm still unsure about it to be honest.  Back to back 3rd gear pulls same road and same tune before and after the spacer I was down according to virtual dyno I was down a lot in power....like way too much for it to even make sense...before I take spacer above numbers and after is below. 

At the track and after 3 hours of driving I let the car cool down with just the hood open for about 45 min then 3 bags of ice for about 30 min, first run ran 11.90.  Hot lapped it(went back around to go again with no cool down) let the car idle for 15 min waiting to go IAT2 got to about 147 and stayed there...then I ran 11.67...with the car considerably hotter....so idk. 

I have some dowels now that I can install to align the spacer dead nuts and there is a little bit of a transition from spacer to manifold so if I port them to match then we'll see.  But so far I'm actually worried it's decreasing performance. 

What's going on with the blue line? Either way that doesn't make much sense that you'd be down in power.

Thanks for your input, seems like there isn't much out there on this and it would be good to see before and after dyno.
2014 Explorer Sport - Livernois 91 tune, 3 Bar MAP, Bilstein B6's, Dicunzolo Transmission Mounts, Mishimoto J-Line FMIC, AEM Drop In Filter, Steeda Rear Sway Bar, PPE Engineering Catless Downpipes, Reische 170 T-stat
2011 Mustang GT Brembo - Bama 91 tune, Steeda Intake,  LTH, 3" full exhaust with O/R X-Pipe no resonator, every possible suspension component replaced, weighs 3505 with 1/4 gas

802SHO

Quote from: xartic1 on August 16, 2020, 03:29:36 PM
Quote from: 802SHO on August 16, 2020, 02:07:53 PM

What's going on with the blue line? Either way that doesn't make much sense that you'd be down in power.

Thanks for your input, seems like there isn't much out there on this and it would be good to see before and after dyno.
I have quite a few 3rd gear logs that look like that on Virtual Dyno.  I think I'm doing the log then slamming on the brakes is probably what that line is doing.  I have lots more tests to do.  I did have so a 2.10th better launch though for the 11.67 but it was much hotter.  Lots of folks contend it has to help so not sure.  For me anyway it appears inconclusive so far.

IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20