• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What is this?......cap??

Started by Ty, August 12, 2020, 08:03:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ty

Hey guys, super new noob here. Was just looking under the hood of our 2011 SHO and noticed this. I dont know what it is and im guessing there there should be a cap on it?? There was lots of oil around. I cleaned it up before the pic. I know you guys know. Also no IAC control on the ecoboost. Is there anything you guys recommend i check out to help with an occasional small studdering issue in low idle when driving. Otherwise idle is perfect when stopped. Although did stall at a red light the other day. Been real hot here in ma lately though. Thanks in advance.

StealBlueSho

Quote from: Ty on August 12, 2020, 08:03:22 AM
Hey guys, super new noob here. Was just looking under the hood of our 2011 SHO and noticed this. I dont know what it is and im guessing there there should be a cap on it?? There was lots of oil around. I cleaned it up before the pic. I know you guys know. Also no IAC control on the ecoboost. Is there anything you guys recommend i check out to help with an occasional small studdering issue in low idle when driving. Otherwise idle is perfect when stopped. Although did stall at a red light the other day. Been real hot here in ma lately though. Thanks in advance.
That's one of the lines for the AC that has a port for refilling or cycling the AC system. The "oil" would have been refrigerant that all leaked out which is why the AC system system isn't working.

That shouldn't have anything to do with the stalling and shuddering. Are there any codes? Or check engine lights?

Ty

Thanks for the reply. I thought it may be a coolant line too. Weird thing is the ac works fine and theres no needle valve in There. Maybe for a second zone ac from factory?? The large space to left could indicate where another compressor could go no?? Also no codes at all. I cleaned a couple of the intake thermisters yesterday. They weren't that oily so......Seems ok as of now. I guess well see this week. Not sure if what i cleaned was actually the main mass airflow sensor. Strange motor fo sho! 

StealBlueSho

Interesting, I assumed it was lines for the AC since it sweats like an AC line when the AC is on... let me double check...

Ty

Sorry. There is a valve in there and its holding freon. Wanna guess how i know. Lol. Musta been oil from someone charging it. I stop and picked up a H and L cap but of course they dont fit. Not to worried about it now. Sorry for the confusion.