• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Wheel pulls bad one way then snaps back

Started by 402Sho, August 09, 2020, 02:18:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

402Sho

I have a 2010 Sho and right after putting my downpipes on the other days and driving around I started to notice my wheel was turning left when I was on the accelerator and then would snap back straight when I left off, and it's gotten pretty bad and I just would like to get some ideas before I take it in and have someone look at it.
2010 Sho non-pp, 93 and e30 tuned by AJP Turbo & Ortiz tuned, EPP Noisemaker Delete Pipe, K&N Drop in filter, 3 inch custom exhaust, livernois catless downpipes, Anthony's Gen 2 Torque mounts, NGK ruthenium spark plugs gapped .026

StealBlueSho

Quote from: 402Sho on August 09, 2020, 02:18:36 AM
I have a 2010 Sho and right after putting my downpipes on the other days and driving around I started to notice my wheel was turning left when I was on the accelerator and then would snap back straight when I left off, and it's gotten pretty bad and I just would like to get some ideas before I take it in and have someone look at it.

That sounds like torque steer.. not sure why you would be getting that after downpipes... did you remove anything other than the original pipes to make more room?

glock-coma

Downpipes = more torque

More torque = more torque steer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

Macgyver

Check your tire pressure also to be sure.

402Sho

Nope found the problem a bolt was came loose over time connecting to the control arm, jacked the car up on that wheel and shook the wheel up and down nothing but side to side there was a lot of play I'm guessing the vibrations from the downpipes and new mounts.
2010 Sho non-pp, 93 and e30 tuned by AJP Turbo & Ortiz tuned, EPP Noisemaker Delete Pipe, K&N Drop in filter, 3 inch custom exhaust, livernois catless downpipes, Anthony's Gen 2 Torque mounts, NGK ruthenium spark plugs gapped .026

402Sho

StealBlueSho

402Sho

Got it fixed for free, got to breaks plus where they had replaced the shock with an oem one I bought and the same guy came around the corner recognized what bolt that was then gave my keys to some kid who then got in my car and attempted to do a burn out in thinking it was fwd Taurus when it's not and got a free alignment off that, just very pissed that kid tried to do that also thinking about leaving a bad review.

StealBlueSho

Quote from: 402Sho on August 10, 2020, 09:36:38 AM
Got it fixed for free, got to breaks plus where they had replaced the shock with an oem one I bought and the same guy came around the corner recognized what bolt that was then gave my keys to some kid who then got in my car and attempted to do a burn out in thinking it was fwd Taurus when it's not and got a free alignment off that, just very pissed that kid tried to do that also thinking about leaving a bad review.
I would absolutely leave a negative review. I would not put up with a shop abusing my car. I look at this way, I would want to know if the shop I am looking has a reputation for not being professional..

Sorry to hear about it :-/ although I bet his face was priceless when it just up and moved!

SM105K

Quote from: 402Sho on August 10, 2020, 09:36:38 AM

I would have walked over to the young man and told him to follow me.  I would have taken him to the manager and we would had a talk.  Kids will be kids, however there is a learning lesson that can be taught if the young man is receptive.  After the he left the office, I would have my talk with the manager.  Depending on the outcome, I would decide if it was worth leaving a bad comment.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

402Sho

Yes I wrote a review on yelp and got contacted by the head office for Omaha Nebraska's locations for break plus, asked for the guys name who did it asked for the managers name and said they would be in touch with me soon, just really made me mad cuz the bolt was loose to the point of where he could of crashed it not knowing that the wheel would of been pulled from his hand. If launched any harder then he did, I'm just lucky I have a lower quality tire on right now that does not grip as hard or he would of went flying, instead he spun then backed off

SHO NVS

Glad you found that loose bolt, crazy.  How do you like the down pipes?  I am getting ready to install mine in a few weeks.
2013 SHO PP, 3BAR MAP, Gearhead Tune, EPP CAI, 170* Thermo, JLT Catch Can, MSD Coils, H&R Springs, Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust, PPE Catted Downpipes, Whiteline Rear Sway Bar, SSM Motor Mounts, Gearhead Intercooler, Gearhead Upgraded Turbos, Noise Maker Delete, Boomba Racing BOV