• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Did some RDU maintainence today...

Started by Ecoboost_xsport, July 18, 2020, 11:04:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecoboost_xsport

...drilled drain plug and filled unit with some Amsoil 80w90 severe gear oil.

Service manual calls for 1.22 qts (39 ozs), so had to use a little from a second one.

Had to get rid of this silly hanger first:

Smooth the location of the plug:

Drilled then tapped for 1/8-27 NPT:

I was gonna go with the magnetic NPT drain plug, but I don't like the idea of constantly breaking the seal of an NPT fitting doing maintenance.  Decided on an NPT to Flare fitting adapter:

Now I'll never have to break that NPT seal.  Just undo the cap...

Cap is on tight with an o-ring seal, but just in case, for double protection, here is some adhesive heat shrink to keep it from spinning off over time (that would be catastrophic, lol).  It's easy enough to cut with a razor and peel off when time to do the service:

SOOOOO easy with those v-bands on the exhaust...

802SHO

Super clean install as usual.  Excellent

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

Admin

Macgyver