• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Yes I did this, ugh...

Started by Black Dream, July 15, 2020, 07:40:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Dream

Replacing the bank 2 sensor 1 O2 sensor today on the MKS I inadvertently shut the hood with the doors locked and the battery disconnected, doh!  Searching the interwebz for a manual hood release I came up with nothing.  Can anyone provide some insight how I'm going to get the hood open at this point?  I'm no noob to car repairs but this might be the dumbest thing I've done in a very long time....  TIA for any guidance anyone might have for me, it's a 2010 Ecoboost if that's needed for more info.
2010 MKS Eco, Airaid, SCT X4, Unleashed, SP542 plugs, 3 bar MAP and current daily.

2006 Pontiac GTO M6, 1 of 101 exactly like her, bone stock, lost to flood 5/19, gone but not forgotten....

WinPlaceSHO

I thought our FOB's had a hidden key, I don't have them on me, just in case the battery goes dead or you inadvertently shut the hood with the battery not connected.

Check it out, there is a little slider thing and a key pops out, that you can use in the drivers door.
Black 2018 SHO Non-PP | GH e30/AO Tune | PPE Catted Downpipes | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mount | SP-542's | 170 Tstat | 3 bar | H&R Springs | XDI-35 | Badges removed  | Chrome delete | GH IC | EPP CAI | Noisemaker delete | MSD coils

Black Dream

Thanks, I was so mad I didn't remember the hood release inside the car was manual and not electrical. Problem solved, yay! But I still feel like a noob lol.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

2010 MKS Eco, Airaid, SCT X4, Unleashed, SP542 plugs, 3 bar MAP and current daily.

2006 Pontiac GTO M6, 1 of 101 exactly like her, bone stock, lost to flood 5/19, gone but not forgotten....

WinPlaceSHO

No worries, glad you are back in!

We all have brain farts, the older I get, the more frequent they seem to become.   :bangin:
Black 2018 SHO Non-PP | GH e30/AO Tune | PPE Catted Downpipes | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mount | SP-542's | 170 Tstat | 3 bar | H&R Springs | XDI-35 | Badges removed  | Chrome delete | GH IC | EPP CAI | Noisemaker delete | MSD coils

Black Dream

I turned 58 on the 4th and this is the single biggest fail I've had in a long time lol. But I don't feel old except when I can't remember what I had for dinner yesterday. Gratefully my gf is 49 and she's having the same issues. 

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

76fomoco

this made my day... in a fun not so funny way...I am not far from your age...

2013 PP AJP E30 160 TS, sp542 plugs, 3 bar, PPE catted DP's, GH IC, GH turbos, XDI-35, EPP hot and intake
Best 3-29-21  11.85 with 3000 DA
DA trap best 117.96
E30 = 492 whp, 536 wtq
E30+meth 498 whp, 539 wtq

StealBlueSho

You aren't doing it right if everything goes the way it's supposed to... just saying..