• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

HOW-TO: 3.5L EcoBoost AD Transmission Mounts

Started by Ecoboost_xsport, July 12, 2020, 09:29:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecoboost_xsport

Wanted to just make a quick (aka, LONG) video of the install process.  Going on an Explorer but the process is the same for the SHO.  It's really very easy and straight forward.  Even with all the unedited parts where I'm away from the cam, the video was still only 30 minutes, so install time on these is actually even less. Oh, and please disregard the wooden block.  I thought, for some reason, the trans would drop a bit and was just playing it safe with some blocking.  Anyway, turned out it doesn't budge and I didn't need it...

Those of you looking to scoop up a set of these may find it difficult to locate.  Well, he only sells them direct and doesn't have much of an online presence.  You either have to contact him via email: tonyuep@aol.com or through his Instagram page Anthony DiCunzolo.

Before:

After:

Front mount comparison:

Rear mount comparison:

https://youtu.be/xsovbdfMCQ4

Macgyver

Thank you for the video !!! It is always nice to see the face behind the name.

ThePresidential

Im ordering this set soon, should you also replace the engine mount and the other trans mount as well?
2013 Lincoln MKS Ecoboost | Oil breather | spectre CAI | Needing to install catch cans | 160 thermostat |

Macgyver

They all can help but will just add more interior cabin noise. They do make the car sound more like a race car than the exhaust does. (on the inside)

FiveLeeter918

Quote from: ThePresidential on August 18, 2022, 03:39:49 AM
Im ordering this set soon, should you also replace the engine mount and the other trans mount as well?

Depending on your vehicle mileage, I would definitely recommend it. Poor rubber choice without vulcanization leads the stock mounts to an early grave, most rarely make it past 60k miles. If you have access to a snake camera (they offer them for your cell phone on Amazon for under $20) you can inspect them without tearing down the top end of the engine and tell if they need to be replaced.

Also, if you put the car in neutral on LEVEL ground, pull the car back slightly then push hard away from you, you can listen for any pops or clunks and see if the engine rocks, which is an indicator that a mount is shot and needs to be replaced.

- Lee
Technical Sales, Ortiz Tuning and Performance
F-150, Mustang, Lincoln MKS, Taurus SHO and Ford Flex Tuning

Ortiz Performance Vendor Forum | Find us on Facebook! | Shop Today!

FiveLeeter918

You can also ask your tuner to increase your idle speed by 100 rpm which will get rid of a lot of the NVH.

Quote from: Macgyver on August 18, 2022, 12:02:06 PM
They all can help but will just add more interior cabin noise. They do make the car sound more like a race car than the exhaust does. (on the inside)
- Lee
Technical Sales, Ortiz Tuning and Performance
F-150, Mustang, Lincoln MKS, Taurus SHO and Ford Flex Tuning

Ortiz Performance Vendor Forum | Find us on Facebook! | Shop Today!

ThePresidential

When i tighten my lug nuts the car rocks back and forth a bit, is this a sign of bad engine and or trans mounts?
2013 Lincoln MKS Ecoboost | Oil breather | spectre CAI | Needing to install catch cans | 160 thermostat |