• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

nGauge FAQs

Started by FiveLeeter918, June 29, 2020, 01:09:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

Quote from: FiveLeeter918 on December 17, 2020, 12:39:11 AM
Quote from: GhostlyGrenade on June 30, 2020, 04:45:43 PM
Quote from: 4sfed on June 30, 2020, 04:22:12 PM
Not sure if this question belongs in this thread but...what does HPT offer for our platform, that SCT doesn't?  What can it do that SCT doesn't offer?

I ask because it was my understanding that HPT has yet to unlock or decode (or whatever) all the tables or information, in the EcoBoost ECU.  Is that not the case?
Pre 2013 they are missing a lot. Post 2013 they have just as many. Post 2018 they have surpassed sct.

As of this week the 13-17 SHOs now have all of the features of the 18+. Took a lot of effort but we got it done. Along with some new features pushed to all 13+ strategies.

So what advantages does this give SHO owners over SCT? If you are already tuned using SCT is it worth the money to switch to HPT?

FiveLeeter918

Quote from: Admin on December 17, 2020, 09:27:30 AM
Quote from: FiveLeeter918 on December 17, 2020, 12:39:11 AM
Quote from: GhostlyGrenade on June 30, 2020, 04:45:43 PM
Quote from: 4sfed on June 30, 2020, 04:22:12 PM
Not sure if this question belongs in this thread but...what does HPT offer for our platform, that SCT doesn't?  What can it do that SCT doesn't offer?

I ask because it was my understanding that HPT has yet to unlock or decode (or whatever) all the tables or information, in the EcoBoost ECU.  Is that not the case?
Pre 2013 they are missing a lot. Post 2013 they have just as many. Post 2018 they have surpassed sct.

As of this week the 13-17 SHOs now have all of the features of the 18+. Took a lot of effort but we got it done. Along with some new features pushed to all 13+ strategies.

So what advantages does this give SHO owners over SCT? If you are already tuned using SCT is it worth the money to switch to HPT?

At the moment, it just levels the playing field. At least in the HPTuned SHOs that we've done. I haven't had a chance to load the new tune yet to see what difference it made, but I know WSHO was getting a good lesson in patience waiting for me to swap to the XDI-60 so I could sell him my 35, but couldn't because HPTuners didn't have the ability to set the current changes for the new pump. Since I was tuned with SCT first and ported over to HPTuners it was working fine for me in the background, just had not user input options to modify after the fact.

I'm still not a huge fan of the nGauge on the SHO, I'm definitely glad that I have a MPVI2 as well for logging, the nGauge is just severely limited with only being able to log 13 parameters at once, it really slows the process down and even still you only have generic values to log, which are 90% based on the Mustang. Most overlap, but the Ecoboost specific stuff just isn't there. Basic tunes it's great, but once you get to things that really need adjustment, you really need an MVPI2. I might pick up a few and lease them out to our nGauge customers once they reach that point, but we're definitely a lot closer than we were 6 months ago or even 2 weeks ago.
- Lee
Technical Sales, Ortiz Tuning and Performance
F-150, Mustang, Lincoln MKS, Taurus SHO and Ford Flex Tuning

Ortiz Performance Vendor Forum | Find us on Facebook! | Shop Today!