• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Thinking of trading the 16S H O

Started by Gjkrisa, May 11, 2020, 11:58:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gjkrisa

So I've been stressed that I have been having HVAC issues with the car due to washing the car when too cold and using the ice to dry out the moisture so it's most definitely my fault and also the wife really wants an SUV I'm a bit torn
This car is basically a collector now but I do dislike how high tall the car is and that I've accepted the fact that new cars don't come with a stick anymore but maybe a stick shift could be in it's future.

So I'm curious what anyone elses thoughts are what should I say to keep it or what should I look at I really like gmc SUVs but in our price range of 22k are a bit slow unless I can get a newer one or wait three years to turbo charger it but then risk reliability from an engine not built for it.
Also I'm seeing that the explorer actually has the best cargo space. So I'm thinking explorer sport.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

XSport is pretty decent and I test drove the Explorer ST recently. The SUV's are nice and roomy but at the end of the day, they are not the SHO. Have you taken the care to a shop to have the HVAC looked at? Maybe its something small?
2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

Macgyver

Well I am at the FORD. Fooled Once Regret Daily. I have a 2015 SHO and the dealer / Ford will not repair my rusting trunk lid outside seam on the underside that is rusting all the way around the trunk lid. 4 year old cars should not rust. Its taken this long to get a Final NO we will not repair so go f**k yourself from Ford.

That being said my wife and I are actively trying to see what we can get as deals will be good you would assume as 2017's come off their 3 year leases.

New ....... The Hyundai Kona is decently fast with the 1.6T but its small.

Ford Edge Sport 2017 / 2018. 2.7 TT.

Lincoln MKX with the 2.7TT 2017 / 2018.

We were driving a bunch of cars b4 all the lock downs and I hate to say it but the 2.7 TT is the best motor in the price class we are looking at.

Then the 3.5 TT Flex is viable and they drive really well,

New you can pick up a 2019 Ford EDGE ST for around $38k - $40k

I like the Lincoln MKX the best, Better Dealer / Care about people. Just get it with the 2.7 TT and see if you can get one with a CPO.

Gjkrisa

Yea hyandai are killing it lately I wish the palisade came with a 2.0 turbo engine

Going to test drive the acadia, terrain and na 3.5 explorer limited this weekend I guess there all able to pay off in three years. And have money saved to buy a house by then.

Dxlnt1

If you actually trying to keep the car, one of the best selling points is the taurus/SHO is one the few stylish full size sedas on the market. Handles decently. Plenty of room for a family. Can be modded for higher perfomance. Decent gas mileage for 5000 lb car.

But if you broke it, she likely wont care about any of that and just wants to get rid of it. GOOD LUCK!
2011 SHO, 3 Bar, AJP Turbo-Tune, ACES IV, Boostane 170 T-stat, PPE Catted DP's, Alpine Sound system, Touch screen HVAC controls, full window tint

Gjkrisa

So test drove some SUVs I am becoming a fan just easier with the family
Leaning towards the grand Cherokee with heated cooled seats panaramic roof but the reverse camera sucks compared to Ford
All th vehicles felt good grand Cherokee, Acadia,escape but the explorer was the worst gas pedal lag maybe because the trans needed to be reset for me...

SM105K

Quote from: Gjkrisa on May 26, 2020, 01:47:46 PM
Leaning towards the grand Cherokee with heated cooled seats panaramic roof but the reverse camera sucks compared to Ford
All th vehicles felt good grand Cherokee, Acadia,escape but the explorer was the worst gas pedal lag maybe because the trans needed to be reset for me...

Look at used SRT8 Grand Cherokees...that is where it is at.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

StealBlueSho

Quote from: Gjkrisa on May 11, 2020, 11:58:07 PM
So I've been stressed that I have been having HVAC issues with the car due to washing the car when too cold and using the ice to dry out the moisture so it's most definitely my fault and also the wife really wants an SUV I'm a bit torn
This car is basically a collector now but I do dislike how high tall the car is and that I've accepted the fact that new cars don't come with a stick anymore but maybe a stick shift could be in it's future.

So I'm curious what anyone elses thoughts are what should I say to keep it or what should I look at I really like gmc SUVs but in our price range of 22k are a bit slow unless I can get a newer one or wait three years to turbo charger it but then risk reliability from an engine not built for it.
Also I'm seeing that the explorer actually has the best cargo space. So I'm thinking explorer sport.

XSport is pretty decent and I test drove the Explorer ST recently. The SUV's are nice and roomy but at the end of the day, they are not the SHO. Have you taken the care to a shop to have the HVAC looked at? Maybe its something small?

Have you taken the SHO to a mechanic to have the HVAC looked at? It maybe cheaper to fix than buying an another car?

Gjkrisa

Quote from: StealBlueSHO on May 26, 2020, 02:38:58 PM

Have you taken the SHO to a mechanic to have the HVAC looked at? It maybe cheaper to fix than buying an another car?
Yea I don't really have a second car the wife got mad the last time just to have them replace the ptu fluid.
But I may have to do what I need to do to get it fixed but I think the climate control button is broken too Wich is $700 on its own.
If I can I'd like to just trade it in and maybe they won't find out till I'm out of it.
We have money to fix it but the wife still gets mad and she has never had many issues I'f any with her old vehicle's so she really dislikes Ford's now.

Gjkrisa

Quote from: SM105K on May 26, 2020, 02:36:12 PM
Quote from: Gjkrisa on May 26, 2020, 01:47:46 PM

Look at used SRT8 Grand Cherokees...that is where it is at.
Trying to at least stay under 40k it's more for the wife this time and we are fine with just a 4 cylinder but if I could find a turbo 4 that be nice but our main thing is heated vented seats.

GhostlyGrenade

I almost bought a dodge/jeep/Chrysler product once....nah I didn't lmao. Not even close. I'll tell you what though, they are the easiest and most fun to beat....in every category lol. My boss buys a jeep top of the line grand Cherokee every other year and brags about the deal he gets...my favorite part is the fact he spends more time in the loaners than in his own vehicle. But...to each their own i guess.
2015 SHO Darkside paint color, 3 bar, Motorcraft SP542 plugs@0.28, MSD Coils, K&N drop in, Continental Extreme Contact tires 255/45R20, EBC Yellow pads, 170 T-Stat, Redline 5w30, updated to the 2018+ trans mount, E-30 Blend, TUNED by AJPTurbo

ridered74

Quote from: Gjkrisa on May 26, 2020, 03:28:30 PM

Yea I don't really have a second car the wife got mad the last time just to have them replace the ptu fluid.
But I may have to do what I need to do to get it fixed but I think the climate control button is broken too Wich is $700 on its own.
If I can I'd like to just trade it in and maybe they won't find out till I'm out of it.
We have money to fix it but the wife still gets mad and she has never had many issues I'f any with her old vehicle's so she really dislikes Ford's now.

I have no recommendations, I'm just here to see if the dog musher place off farmer's loop road is still there?
Gearhead E30 tune, Gearhead intercooler, LMS firestorm hpfp, catted downpipes, corsa catback, 160 degree thermostat, 3 bar map, upgraded AD trans mounts, MSD coils, Nitto 555R drag tires on front, AR924 wheels and BFG sport comp 2 summer tires on rear, and an EPP intake.

12.2479 @ 118.05 fastest trap
11.591 @ 114.89   fastest ET

Gjkrisa

Quote from: ridered74 on May 26, 2020, 09:21:40 PM
Quote from: Gjkrisa on May 26, 2020, 03:28:30 PM

I have no recommendations, I'm just here to see if the dog musher place off farmer's loop road is still there?
Yeap
Probably didn't get much business this year since prime mushing time think covid hit

Gjkrisa

Quote from: GhostlyGrenade on May 26, 2020, 07:40:43 PM
I almost bought a dodge/jeep/Chrysler product once....nah I didn't lmao. Not even close. I'll tell you what though, they are the easiest and most fun to beat....in every category lol. My boss buys a jeep top of the line grand Cherokee every other year and brags about the deal he gets...my favorite part is the fact he spends more time in the loaners than in his own vehicle. But...to each their own i guess.
When I worked for dodge as a detailer I didn't notice anything new there is old run down stuff or they get that way quick

SHOdded

Secondhand opinion ... Sadly FCA products still do not tend to last.  My friends who buy stuff like Hellcats anf Trackhawks already have their sale in mind when purchasing.  Fords they keep way longer ...
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!