• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Bracket Racing Victory vs Z28 at National Trails 6-21-2020

Started by ridered74, June 23, 2020, 12:33:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ridered74

This is only my second victory at this track out of 20-25 rounds. Was pretty pumped to finally win a round against an experienced guy.

For perspective, the next day I raced a truck with a dial in of 12.55, it ran a 12.550 with a .013 reaction time. My reaction time was .014. It's crazy how dead on the people at this track get every single freaking time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DO42lYT86nQ
Gearhead E30 tune, Gearhead intercooler, LMS firestorm hpfp, catted downpipes, corsa catback, 160 degree thermostat, 3 bar map, upgraded AD trans mounts, MSD coils, Nitto 555R drag tires on front, AR924 wheels and BFG sport comp 2 summer tires on rear, and an EPP intake.

12.2479 @ 118.05 fastest trap
11.591 @ 114.89   fastest ET

StealBlueSho

Quote from: ridered74 on June 23, 2020, 12:33:14 AM
This is only my second victory at this track out of 20-25 rounds. Was pretty pumped to finally win a round against an experienced guy.

For perspective, the next day I raced a truck with a dial in of 12.55, it ran a 12.550 with a .013 reaction time. My reaction time was .014. It's crazy how dead on the people at this track get every single freaking time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DO42lYT86nQ
Awesome dude!!! Way to represent the platform! Congrats!

802SHO

Congrats very cool to watch the win and SHO top end performance

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

ridered74

Tryin my best. LOL!

The SHO continues to impress people with the times it runs. Even tho it's mostly the same bunch of people there every event, there's always someone that comes up asking how the heck I got it to run low 12's. I just wish I could impress them with some more round victories instead.

What's funny is the one time last year I bracket raced at a different track, I made it to the final 5 cars and I wasn't even as good with my times as I have been this year at my home track.

Saturday there were 6 different people that got perfect lights. I gotta find a minor league system for bracket racing or something.
Gearhead E30 tune, Gearhead intercooler, LMS firestorm hpfp, catted downpipes, corsa catback, 160 degree thermostat, 3 bar map, upgraded AD trans mounts, MSD coils, Nitto 555R drag tires on front, AR924 wheels and BFG sport comp 2 summer tires on rear, and an EPP intake.

bamsho

Congratulations on another Victory!!   You will get it, takes some time, and when you do, they better look out.  In 2016, I had 8 Friday night wins, with many finals appearances.

Yes people are shocked at what these cars can do.

Great job, keep it up!!!
2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

ridered74

Quote from: bamsho on June 23, 2020, 11:19:34 AM
Congratulations on another Victory!!   You will get it, takes some time, and when you do, they better look out.  In 2016, I had 8 Friday night wins, with many finals appearances.

Yes people are shocked at what these cars can do.

Great job, keep it up!!!

What kind of consistency do people at your track get? I saw someone on facebook win a championship with a .1 something reaction time. At this track you would almost never win a single round with that unless you are lucky enough to go against someone like me.

Last year I was pretty consistently getting .0xx's for RT but still could almost never get a W.

bamsho

The Sunday guys who race IHRA and SBRA points are super consistent.   Reaction .005 or better and dials are pretty much dead on.  Plus they race for money too.

Friday night is more like street racing.   We use a Pro tree, and bye rounds are given by lowest RT in previous round.  So deep staging was the best way to get that.  Now we are doing sportsman tree, so it's totally different
2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.