• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Welcome!

Started by 4sfed, June 20, 2020, 02:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4sfed

Ok... Now that THAT is out of the way.... Do you have about data you can share?  Temp diffs?  Does it raise the intake manifold height up at all?

Thanks again!  Looking forward to pricing!
S

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

2015 SHO, GH E30 tune, GH intercooler, 3 bar, SP542's, PPE Cat'd DP's, XDI-35, H&R springs, AD Gen2 mounts
Factory Five Mark III, 2004 Mach I donor (gone)
2003 Mustang Cobra 'vert, 456 rwhp, with mods (gone)
2002 MB C32 AMG (gone)
1997 Cobra 'vert, Vortech'd (gone)

x35design

Quote from: 4sfed on June 20, 2020, 02:42:13 PM
Ok... Now that THAT is out of the way.... Do you have about data you can share?  Temp diffs?  Does it raise the intake manifold height up at all?

Thanks again!  Looking forward to pricing!
S

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Ha..yea I'm here. 
The spacer will raise your intake by 5/16" (8mm)  This is about as much as is possible under the hood. 

The two guys who currently have them installed can probably get me some data, but both reported the IAT was reduced under various conditions. 

Here's the general info at this time (just cut/pasted from my website)

This spacer is for the Ecoboost 3.5 as used in the Taurus SHO/Flex/Explorer and Lincoln MKS/MKT 2010-2019.

Introductory pricing will be $159 shipped to you in the 48 states and includes the spacer as well as the extended length bolts required for installation. Please put a note in your email if you are not in the 48 states, we can work it out.

You will need to purchase new and additional gaskets to complete the installation, further details of that farther down this page

They are not yet available, as production is just starting.

If interested, get on the list by sending an email to orders@x35design.com or click below

Get On The List
It'll take me a little time to get going, so what I'll do is a weekly shipment of as many as I can get done. I'll contact you in order of the list, and send you a Paypal link for payment. You'll have a few days between the email and when I need to have payment to get yours shipped, so it should work out.

If you need some more time, can't buy now, or otherwise need to wait, no issue, I'll just move the next person up and when you're ready I'll slot you back in at the top.

There should be at the worst, two weeks between payment and shipping. I have no interest or desire to be 'that guy' hanging on to your money and not delivering.

I'm not exactly sure how quick I can crank these out, as I'm just a one man operation, but I will do my best to get things moving and keep them moving.

At the moment I have no install instructions, but I have someone helping me create some and they'll be ready shortly. The two that have been installed reported that it was not difficult, so you should be able to do it too. If you need help, just ask me or the group and I'm sure we can get you sorted out.

The details again...The current pricing is $159 per package.

So..what do you get for your $?

In the box will be:

1x SHO spacer

10x extended bolts for attachment to the head

2x extended bolts for attachment to the coolant outlet

USA 48 state Priority mail shipping

Instruction sheet once developed

My thanks and appreciation

To complete your install you'll need to also get:

Gaskets: I don't recommend re-using your old gaskets, plus they are pretty cheap, so do it right...

12x of the green elliptical gaskets Ford #AA5Z-9439-A

4x of the square coolant passage gaskets, Ford #BL3Z-9439-A

2x of the coolant outlet gaskets, Ford #AA5Z-9439-BA

Weird tool: 5mm Hex key socket for all the fasteners, as I have not yet found a normal hex head bolt in the long length, hope this will change at some point.

As soon as the initial backlog clear, they'll be available on the regular products page.

autox4fun

https://youtu.be/oWu-s82JYvE

Quick video of the removal and installation of the X35design SHO intake manifold spacer

Ported - Heads, EX manifolds, and turbine housings, GH - turbos, TQ, & IC, EPP intake and hotpipes w/Tial (11lbs), x35 spacer, MSD coils, PPE catted DP, Magnaflow exhaust, DW in tank, Livernois Hpfp, Fuel-IT e-sensor, AEM WMI, SHO trans cooler, Megan Coilovers, Retrofitted Headlights, TSW wheels