• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What's up with my petcock?

Started by Black Dream, June 17, 2020, 03:37:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Dream

Now that I've got your attention I'm asking for some guidance with an issue that popped up with my coolant replacement on my '10 MKS Eco.  When tightening the petcock I was aware the plastic head didn't need a lot of pressure to re-tighten.  And I still broke the head off, must be 11 year old plastic failure.  The system is still sealed and I have driven for a week watching temps and looking for leaks and all is well.

I've already received a new OEM from Rockauto but my issue is how to get the remainder of the petcock out.  Any suggestions would greatly appreciated, I'm pretty sure I'm not the only member to have done this lol.  Thanks for any guidance you sages might have for me.
2010 MKS Eco, Airaid, SCT X4, Unleashed, SP542 plugs, 3 bar MAP and current daily.

2006 Pontiac GTO M6, 1 of 101 exactly like her, bone stock, lost to flood 5/19, gone but not forgotten....

SM105K

If the old one still seals, why not just leave it?
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

StealBlueSho

Quote from: Black Dream on June 17, 2020, 03:37:12 PM
Now that I've got your attention I'm asking for some guidance with an issue that popped up with my coolant replacement on my '10 MKS Eco.  When tightening the petcock I was aware the plastic head didn't need a lot of pressure to re-tighten.  And I still broke the head off, must be 11 year old plastic failure.  The system is still sealed and I have driven for a week watching temps and looking for leaks and all is well.

I've already received a new OEM from Rockauto but my issue is how to get the remainder of the petcock out.  Any suggestions would greatly appreciated, I'm pretty sure I'm not the only member to have done this lol.  Thanks for any guidance you sages might have for me.

This might be worth trying..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBHIubtJZzw

Black Dream

Quote from: SM105K on June 17, 2020, 03:44:47 PM
If the old one still seals, why not just leave it?

For now that's the plan.  But in another 30K miles I'll need to remove it so trying to plan ahead lol.
2010 MKS Eco, Airaid, SCT X4, Unleashed, SP542 plugs, 3 bar MAP and current daily.

2006 Pontiac GTO M6, 1 of 101 exactly like her, bone stock, lost to flood 5/19, gone but not forgotten....

Black Dream