• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Rock Falls, WI

Started by WinPlaceSHO, June 15, 2020, 12:37:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WinPlaceSHO

Had a great time out at the track, even though I was killed by a Demon and dusted by a Duster, the car ran pretty consistent all day even though DA kept creeping up but that might have been me getting a little more familiar with the car.  My only win was against a G8 - it felt good to beat a v8.  It was actually my best run of the day, I put down a 12.59, although bracket racing she would've taken the win because I was trying to get a better reaction time and ended up red lighting.  Oh well, live and learn.

Oh, and if the nice guy in the red SHO is on here, my buddy took a great pic of us in our good ole fashion SHOdown.  Hopefully I'll keep up better once I get that tree down and the GH I/C and EPP intake installed!  In our pic you can see that I just had the chrome deleted too.  A few people gave the SHO compliments about it.

timeslips opponent top to bottom - SHO, Duster, Demon, G8, old Dodge pickup with a 340 in it

Black 2018 SHO Non-PP | GH e30/AO Tune | PPE Catted Downpipes | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mount | SP-542's | 170 Tstat | 3 bar | H&R Springs | XDI-35 | Badges removed  | Chrome delete | GH IC | EPP CAI | Noisemaker delete | MSD coils

SM105K

Good stuff.  Your car and mine would run literally neck and neck.  Plus the chrome delete makes these cars look so much better.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

ridered74

After you light up the first staging light, bump forward an inch at a time until you just barely light up the second staging light and stay there. Smash the gas pedal as soon as you see the last yellow light before the green.

Good runs! If you didn't do it this time, get a log next time you run down the track and send it to Matt. He's tweaked my tune a couple times based off track runs.
Gearhead E30 tune, Gearhead intercooler, LMS firestorm hpfp, catted downpipes, corsa catback, 160 degree thermostat, 3 bar map, upgraded AD trans mounts, MSD coils, Nitto 555R drag tires on front, AR924 wheels and BFG sport comp 2 summer tires on rear, and an EPP intake.

12.2479 @ 118.05 fastest trap
11.591 @ 114.89   fastest ET

WinPlaceSHO

That's exactly what my buddy told me to do, then I red lighted, so I'm not sure if I was a little too quick on the gas or really have that quick of reflexes.  I would tend to lean toward, got a little too excited.  :)  I appreciate the feedback though, I pretty much went through the checklist that I've found on here... lower amount of fuel, lower tire pressure, etc...  Although, I was full weight, spare tire (the cars not mine) and all.  I found it interesting that it didn't really matter if I used D or S, or whether I turned traction control on or off, they were all very close.

Oh, and I thought about grabbing a log later in the day, so it will be interesting to see what it says since the DA had climbed since the start of racing.  I would love to hear Matt's thoughts on it.  Although, once the IC goes in it will be a new tune as well, back to the logging and tweaking. 
Black 2018 SHO Non-PP | GH e30/AO Tune | PPE Catted Downpipes | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mount | SP-542's | 170 Tstat | 3 bar | H&R Springs | XDI-35 | Badges removed  | Chrome delete | GH IC | EPP CAI | Noisemaker delete | MSD coils

ridered74

Quote from: WinPlaceSHO on June 15, 2020, 04:32:00 PM
That's exactly what my buddy told me to do, then I red lighted, so I'm not sure if I was a little too quick on the gas or really have that quick of reflexes.  I would tend to lean toward, got a little too excited.  :)  I appreciate the feedback though, I pretty much went through the checklist that I've found on here... lower amount of fuel, lower tire pressure, etc...  Although, I was full weight, spare tire (the cars not mine) and all.  I found it interesting that it didn't really matter if I used D or S, or whether I turned traction control on or off, they were all very close.

Oh, and I thought about grabbing a log later in the day, so it will be interesting to see what it says since the DA had climbed since the start of racing.  I would love to hear Matt's thoughts on it.  Although, once the IC goes in it will be a new tune as well, back to the logging and tweaking.

Same here, last weekend I red lighted first round of the summer points series, then red lighted again after buying back in. Usually at the place I run you have to have an RT with a zero at the beginning or you are losing, so I tried a little too hard on the light. I wasn't shallow staging tho, I was a few inches past the second bulb being lit up.

Going to try following my own advice this weekend. I'd rather not lose on a red light this weekend.

I've had various results with dragy as far as D or S, and same with traction on and traction off. One week one way will produce faster results and then the next week it's backwards. Last couple trips to the track I've just gone with D and traction on since that leaves me less things to focus on when pulling up to the lights. My best runs ever have all been at 35 psi but that was a different size and brand of tires and different wheels.
Gearhead E30 tune, Gearhead intercooler, LMS firestorm hpfp, catted downpipes, corsa catback, 160 degree thermostat, 3 bar map, upgraded AD trans mounts, MSD coils, Nitto 555R drag tires on front, AR924 wheels and BFG sport comp 2 summer tires on rear, and an EPP intake.

12.2479 @ 118.05 fastest trap
11.591 @ 114.89   fastest ET

802SHO

Very close race with that Red SHO.  Very cool and fun outing at the track.   She'll be even better with that GH IC and EPP Dual CAI!  Next time try moving your hips in the seat away from the car your going up against lol jk

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

WinPlaceSHO

Quote from: 802SHO on June 16, 2020, 04:58:39 AM
Very close race with that Red SHO.  Very cool and fun outing at the track.   She'll be even better with that GH IC and EPP Dual CAI!  Next time try moving your hips in the seat away from the car your going up against lol jk

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

HaHa, like Shakira, my hips don't lie!  :)

Ridered, that's interesting about the PSI, I went with 26 and was spinning a little leaving around 2k... but I figured it wasn't that bad.  Well, not as bad as the Demon that made it about 1000ft down the track and must've hit a new gear too hard and spun then slid into the wall.  OUCH!  I told my buddy, I think I'm spinning a bit but there isn't any wheel hop (thanks trans mounts!), he didn't think I was until he was right down next to me when I took off.  He said, yeah... I guess you are spinning a bit, although I'm sure it's tough to hear when you are going up against those big HP cars making all those loud noises.

SM105K

Are you going completely around the water box?
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

WinPlaceSHO

Yes, they were really good about sending you around if they saw you had street tires, but someone didn't get the memo about not leaving your A/C on in staging and when the GTO before me took off he left two big puddles of water for them to clean up before I pulled up.  I figured that was common knowledge, just seeing condensation on the garage floor should tip you off, but I guess it might be something that you forget when trying to remember everything else.  Heck, I should make a checklist, I'm getting forgetful in my old age.

SM105K

I get that with the list. 

I run my fronts at 26 psi and my rears at 40 psi when I go the track.  My SHO pulled a 1.77 sixty foot on the factory suspension and rims, and went 12.56. 

I have not been back to the track since I installed the TQ mounts, lighter and wider wheels, DP's with custom mid pipes, and MSD coils.  Hopefully I can squeeze out another coupe tenths and go 12.20.   

WinPlaceSHO

Quote from: SM105K on June 16, 2020, 10:29:17 AM

I run my fronts at 26 psi and my rears at 40 psi when I go the track.  My SHO pulled a 1.77 sixty foot on the factory suspension and rims, and went 12.56. 

I have not been back to the track since I installed the TQ mounts, lighter and wider wheels, DP's with custom mid pipes, and MSD coils.  Hopefully I can squeeze out another coupe tenths and go 12.20.

Wow, that's a good 60', do you run 275/40r20? 

I'd like to get a summer setup in 275's, I've been keeping an eye out for someone selling their Flex wheels in black, then I'll look at some summer tires and keep the all seasons for the winter.

Edited to add:  I'd like to get into the low 12's with my next set of upgrades too. 

SM105K

Quote from: WinPlaceSHO on June 16, 2020, 11:28:30 AM
Quote from: SM105K on June 16, 2020, 10:29:17 AM

Wow, that's a good 60', do you run 275/40r20? 

I'd like to get a summer setup in 275's, I've been keeping an eye out for someone selling their Flex wheels in black, then I'll look at some summer tires and keep the all seasons for the winter.

Edited to add:  I'd like to get into the low 12's with my next set of upgrades too.

I was on my Conti's that are on the car right now.  245's.  The drag strip I go to is a NHRA track that runs National Events, so it is prepped really good.  However if I can get that sixty down even more.....

WinPlaceSHO

Another run at Rock Falls in the books, while my times weren't what I was hoping for since the DA started out at about 600 for the day, I definitely had a great time!

First run of the day was against a 2020 Mustang 5.0 - bone stock.  I ran a 12.35 @ 115 and he ran 12.34 @ 115, but since I beat him at the light, everyone got to watch the Taurus beat the Mustang.  (man that was fun)

Second up, I hot lapped and was trying to get a different opponent, because I know it's going to be taillights the whole time when I see the full roll cage and parachute.  So I was destroyed by a heavily modded Camaro.   It was my best run of the day though, 12.33 @ 112

My third and last run of the day was against a mid 2000's GTO, he red lighted and I still reeled him in and passed him, so that was another fun one.  I ran a 12.36 @112, I was done after that though, because they started a Gamblers race and it would've been hours between runs and the DA just kept climbing.

I'm definitely going to look into summer take off's next year, so I can get that 60' down, the Quatrac 5's are great for the winter, but not great for the 1/4.