• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

A few pics of my alky meth install and trans cooler.

Started by StinkinLinkin13, June 09, 2020, 11:06:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StinkinLinkin13

As titled... I squeezed my Alky meth kit tank and pump into my driver side bumper plus my massive trans cooler. I run the cooler with NO trans T-stat. 100 degrees down here daily now.

***I used a aftermarket washer fluid tank for My alky kit to preserve my oem washer fluid tank. Not pretty but its hidden and been working just fine for over a year now.
Livernois Catless downpipes with Totalflow mufflers - AJP E40/Meth tune - Firestorm HPFP - DW 300 LPFP - Kenne Bell Boost-a-Pump - 3 Bar Map - Alky Controls Meth Injection - 160° Thermostat - EPP Hot Pipes - AEM Dryflow Filter - BOV VTA - SSM Polyurethane Torque Struts - H&R Sport Springs - 20"x10" Niche Veronas on 275/40-20 DWS06 -

StealBlueSho

Quote from: StinkinLinkin13 on June 09, 2020, 11:06:53 AM
As titled... I squeezed my Alky meth kit tank and pump into my driver side bumper plus my massive trans cooler. I run the cooler with NO trans T-stat. 100 degrees down here daily now.

***I used a aftermarket washer fluid tank for My alky kit to preserve my oem washer fluid tank. Not pretty but its hidden and been working just fine for over a year now.

Nice! Any issues getting the bumper cover to go back on clean?

StinkinLinkin13

I had to trim a little around the fog light housing, relocate horns slightly and zip tie that module as seen (bracket was already broken cuz of minor fender bender). That's about it. I think I could have avoided trimming had I located the tank level gauge differently. Live and learn.
Livernois Catless downpipes with Totalflow mufflers - AJP E40/Meth tune - Firestorm HPFP - DW 300 LPFP - Kenne Bell Boost-a-Pump - 3 Bar Map - Alky Controls Meth Injection - 160° Thermostat - EPP Hot Pipes - AEM Dryflow Filter - BOV VTA - SSM Polyurethane Torque Struts - H&R Sport Springs - 20"x10" Niche Veronas on 275/40-20 DWS06 -

802SHO

What kind of cooler?

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

802SHO

Is that a Tru Cool?

IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.

StinkinLinkin13

Quote from: 802SHO on June 13, 2020, 05:26:07 PM
Is that a Tru Cool?

Yes. Largest I could find. I forget the model number. Its for an RV supposedly. 😂

802SHO

Quote from: StinkinLinkin13 on June 13, 2020, 08:06:01 PM
Quote from: 802SHO on June 13, 2020, 05:26:07 PM
Is that a Tru Cool?

Yes. Largest I could find. I forget the model number. Its for an RV supposedly.
This one? 

802SHO

What kind of trans temps are you seeing?  You didn't add a trans temp to the aux cooler is that what you're saying?  I had to reread what you said, at first I thought you were saying you were seeing 100° down here like now your trans temp was down to 100° not the weather...but you meant the weather.

StinkinLinkin13

Quote from: 802SHO on June 14, 2020, 06:50:09 AM
What kind of trans temps are you seeing?  You didn't add a trans temp to the aux cooler is that what you're saying?  I had to reread what you said, at first I thought you were saying you were seeing 100° down here like now your trans temp was down to 100° not the weather...but you meant the weather.

Yes. Its available cheaper on ebay. Couldn't find it on amazon where I got it from. Part number LPD47391. There is a model that includes a t stat but I did not opt for that one.

To clarify I remove my OEM transmission t-stat from the housing. I hate how late it opens especially on wot runs. I had temps skyrocket in the past to dangerously high levels. Why I went this route with the cooler instead of the PP model. Granted it probably is overkill but I do run hard and open her up fairly often.

Last time I checked my trans temps I was running approx 160° DD and would spike to approx 180° pushing it hard. (130+ mph high way runs in Mexico). Then recover back to 160ish pretty quickly.

jims2015

Quote from: StinkinLinkin13 on June 14, 2020, 11:11:13 AM
Quote from: 802SHO on June 14, 2020, 06:50:09 AM

Yes. Its available cheaper on ebay. Couldn't find it on amazon where I got it from. Part number LPD47391. There is a model that includes a t stat but I did not opt for that one.

To clarify I remove my OEM transmission t-stat from the housing. I hate how late it opens especially on wot runs. I had temps skyrocket in the past to dangerously high levels. Why I went this route with the cooler instead of the PP model. Granted it probably is overkill but I do run hard and open her up fairly often.

Last time I checked my trans temps I was running approx 160° DD and would spike to approx 180° pushing it hard. (130+ mph high way runs in Mexico). Then recover back to 160ish pretty quickly.

How long does it take to reach operating temps without a stat?
2015 PP, Thunderstorm DP & CAI. AlkyControl, Livernois dyno tune

2019 Corvette C7 Z51 A8 No mods

SM105K

"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

StinkinLinkin13

I'm not sure... Never really timed how long it takes. I can check and get back to you.

Its just right of the transmission. Aluminum block with both lines connected. Underneath the air box.

Pics of my "cooler" t-stat I believe found on PP models. Its only opens about 10°-15° cooler than standard I believe. I planned on using this one during our brootal 2 month winter but haven't really found it necessary.

SM105K

So you just put in a PP trans T-Stat from what I am reading?

Decided I needed to upgrade my trans cooler also. My temps are making me uncomfortable on long freeway drives. I am averaging right at 216 to 218 at a sustained 85 mph.

I will be removing my stock PP trans cooler and I am going to try and stuff this cooler between the condenser and the crash bar. If I have to notch the crash bar, so be it. I will try to mount it as low as I can so that I can keep as much air flow on the other components behind it. 4 times the surface area, more capacity, and $66 dollars shipped my house, worth a try.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004XONRYK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

StinkinLinkin13

I run no trans t-stat at all. I bought the PP version tstat thinking I'd run too cool in the winter but it didn't turn out to be much of a problem at all. 
It took me about ten minutes to get to 100° this morning. That's as is with no t-stat and this trans cooler it likes to sit at 160. It will spike to about 180ish after some very spirited driving then recover back to about 160. I've driven over 500 miles on a hundred plus degree day and 160° is where it like to sit. I did have some concern that temps would gradually raise but it never became an issue.

Just to attempt to clarify. When I say I run no t stat I physically remove the t-stat from the aluminum block held in place by that snap ring in the picture. The aluminum block is still used. Then I blocked off the port (where the tstat used to sit) in between the lines with a bolt so there's no crossover.

I included a pic of the cooler installed on my old car so you can see how well it's sits and gets fresh air. Best pic I had.

SM105K

Quote from: StinkinLinkin13 on June 15, 2020, 01:17:40 PM
I run no trans t-stat at all. I bought the PP version tstat thinking I'd run too cool in the winter but it didn't turn out to be much of a problem at all. 
It took me about ten minutes to get to 100° this morning. That's as is with no t-stat and this trans cooler it likes to sit at 160. It will spike to about 180ish after some very spirited driving then recover back to about 160. I've driven over 500 miles on a hundred plus degree day and 160° is where it like to sit. I did have some concern that temps would gradually raise but it never became an issue.

Just to attempt to clarify. When I say I run no t stat I physically remove the t-stat from the aluminum block held in place by that snap ring in the picture. The aluminum block is still used. Then I blocked off the port (where the tstat used to sit) in between the lines with a bolt so there's no crossover.

I included a pic of the cooler installed on my old car so you can see how well it's sits and gets fresh air. Best pic I had.

This is exactly what I was looking for.  I will install that big cooler this weekend. Hopefully I can replicate your trans temps.  That would be really nice.