• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

RCR reviews at 2015 Mustang Ecoboost 2.3

Started by MKS Tom, June 08, 2020, 08:51:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MKS Tom

I am a huge RCR fan and like their humor.  Thought you guys may enjoy this. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75MuVpmju2U
2013 Lincoln MKS ecoboost, 70,000 miles.  3 bar map 93 tune (E30 in the future) by both AJP Turbo and Ortiz Performance.  PPE catted down pipes, EPP dual CAI (not yet installed so K&N drop in), .026 gapped SP542, 170 degree thermostat, Dynomax axlebacks, and Power Stop Z23 pads and rotors.

StealBlueSho

at 3:13 I just about spit out my coffee... this is great..

on a serious note.. I have been tempted to look at an Ecoboost Mustang.. drop a toon on it.. you have a well handling, 400 crank hp, fun pony car..

SM105K

I rented a 2018 for a couple of days.  The little car was fun.  I really like the 10 speed auto.  It is amazing.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

StealBlueSho

Quote from: SM105K on June 08, 2020, 02:21:30 PM
I rented a 2018 for a couple of days.  The little car was fun.  I really like the 10 speed auto.  It is amazing.
Ecoboost?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SM105K

Quote from: StealBlueSHO on June 08, 2020, 02:32:54 PM
Ecoboost?

Yep the Ecoboost.  I was impressed.  If a tune wakes them up like the SHO, they could be pretty quick.  I really liked the line lock feature... 
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

StealBlueSho

Quote from: SM105K on June 08, 2020, 02:57:38 PM
Quote from: StealBlueSHO on June 08, 2020, 02:32:54 PM
Ecoboost?

Yep the Ecoboost.  I was impressed.  If a tune wakes them up like the SHO, they could be pretty quick.  I really liked the line lock feature...
Apparently the LMS tunes add 90rwhp and 105rwtq... that would be pretty peppy...

Low 12's with tire and a tune...

SM105K

I would ask Brad or Matt for a completely built from the ground up tune, before I put LMS junk in any vehicle including my riding lawnmower.

StealBlueSho

Quote from: SM105K on June 09, 2020, 01:18:34 PM
I would ask Brad or Matt for a completely built from the ground up tune, before I put LMS junk in any vehicle including my riding lawnmower.
Ha! You are very concerned with your lawn mower getting a dorked tune recently ;-)

SM105K

Quote from: StealBlueSHO on June 09, 2020, 01:45:35 PM
Quote from: SM105K on June 09, 2020, 01:18:34 PM
Ha! You are very concerned with your lawn mower getting a dorked tune recently ;-)

I am! lol.  Joke is on LMS, I dont have a riding lawnmower.

Csbbrah

Ive been really interested in the new HPP ecoboost stangs with the handling package. Essentially dropped the RS motor in them. Better torque and powerband apparently.

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

StealBlueSho

Quote from: Csbbrah on June 10, 2020, 05:23:09 PM
Ive been really interested in the new HPP ecoboost stangs with the handling package. Essentially dropped the RS motor in them. Better torque and powerband apparently.

Yea, but at the end of the day... that Coyote motor is nasty and ready to be put under pressure from the get...

Csbbrah

Quote from: StealBlueSHO on June 10, 2020, 05:46:09 PM
Quote from: Csbbrah on June 10, 2020, 05:23:09 PM

Yea, but at the end of the day... that Coyote motor is nasty and ready to be put under pressure from the get...

That is indeed the struggle. Haha. Hard to say no to the 5.0.

Brucelinc

Why anyone who is interested in performance, sound, drivability and fun would choose the Ecoboost Mustang over the Coyote is baffling to me.   The stock Coyote is excellent but they also respond very well to tuning, E85 and boost.