• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Fuel Pump relay module FAIL - HOW TO - MUST READ!

Started by SuperPete, May 18, 2020, 06:56:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperPete

Driving down the freeway, car just dies, no fuel symptoms, pulled to the side of the freeway, no start, like it's trying to grasp but no luck.
Starting to blame XDI-35 pump, decided to e-mail XDI and Greathead << who is my tuner.
Matt replied right away, give me his phone number and asked me to call,
We started trouble shooting and it was obvious I was not getting fuel, I also had few check engine codes:
P0087
P00C6
P0627

Matt was confident it was low pressure fuel pump not giving it juice, he told me to go find EMPTY water bottle on the side of the freeway, undo the fuel line that comes from the back of the car and connect to fuel pump line, it's the connection right next to the firewall on the passenger side and go crank the car few times see if I am getting fuel.
After trying to start the car for few seconds, there was not a single drop from that fuel line, He sad it has to be the fuel module relay, gave me part# AA8Z-9D370-B
I called local ford dealer and they had one in stock, called wife, to the rescue, 30 min later I got module plugged in and car running.
Watch my short video on the module location and more details about brake down.
Thank you GreatHead, thank you Matt Robinson, you are THE mean!

Thank you all, hope this short and sweet write up saves someone in the future.

VIDEO:  https://youtu.be/BQQFMXwIXk0
2014 SHO, GearHead TUNNED /Powered by Matt Robinson
PPE Downpipes, GearHead Intercooler, AirAid Intake
XDI-35 HPFP @ E40,   MSD Coilpacks
MUSTANG DYNO: 426/446
Continental Extreme Contact 06 & Powerstop Z23 all 4 corners

StealBlueSho

6500rpm

Was the recall ever performed on your car? It was a fairly common failure on both the Taurus and Lincoln. I'd have to look up the recall for effected model years, but it was fairly large. Drive your car for a bit and fold the seat back down and put your hand on it, you'd be shocked how hot that sucker gets considering where they mounted it.

https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,6600.0.html
2013 SHO PP in Ruby Red Metallic, GTG Billet Grills, Duraflex Racer Chin Spoiler, DriveBright LED Driving/Turn Lights,160 T Stat, MSD Coils, All Royal Purple Lubricants, EPP Gen 2 Duel Intake and hotpipes,3 bar, Gearhead AO tuned!

Macgyver

Quote from: SuperPete on May 18, 2020, 06:56:50 PM
Driving down the freeway, car just dies, no fuel symptoms, pulled to the side of the freeway, no start, like it's trying to grasp but no luck.
Starting to blame XDI-35 pump, decided to e-mail XDI and Greathead << who is my tuner.
Matt replied right away, give me his phone number and asked me to call,
We started trouble shooting and it was obvious I was not getting fuel, I also had few check engine codes:
P0087
P00C6
P0627

Matt was confident it was low pressure fuel pump not giving it juice, he told me to go find EMPTY water bottle on the side of the freeway, undo the fuel line that comes from the back of the car and connect to fuel pump line, it's the connection right next to the firewall on the passenger side and go crank the car few times see if I am getting fuel.
After trying to start the car for few seconds, there was not a single drop from that fuel line, He sad it has to be the fuel module relay, gave me part# AA8Z-9D370-B
I called local ford dealer and they had one in stock, called wife, to the rescue, 30 min later I got module plugged in and car running.
Watch my short video on the module location and more details about brake down.
Thank you GreatHead, thank you Matt Robinson, you are THE mean!

Thank you all, hope this short and sweet write up saves someone in the future.

VIDEO:  https://youtu.be/BQQFMXwIXk0

I had this happen two months ago coming back from Harrisburg Intnl Airport. Stopped at Wawa and the car would not restart. Same codes and I took a guess that it  was the LPFP as she was stumbling like it had gas but not enough. I undid the line like you did and no gas. $65 part and quick fix.

I think @Bamsho was the one who posted in a thread about the module and got me thinking.