• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Guess who's back..?

Started by StinkinLinkin13, May 08, 2020, 08:28:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StinkinLinkin13

Got my MKS back today. New long block, new intake manifold, new HPFP, new injectors, new turbos, new hardware and gaskets... and new electric power steering assembly apparently damaged by debris... #2 cylinder gave up the ghost.

All covered under Lincolns factory drivetrain warranty.

Biggest advantage to buying under the Lincoln brand IMO is the extended factory warranty and attention to customer satisfaction. At least at my local dealer.
Livernois Catless downpipes with Totalflow mufflers - AJP E40/Meth tune - Firestorm HPFP - DW 300 LPFP - Kenne Bell Boost-a-Pump - 3 Bar Map - Alky Controls Meth Injection - 160° Thermostat - EPP Hot Pipes - AEM Dryflow Filter - BOV VTA - SSM Polyurethane Torque Struts - H&R Sport Springs - 20"x10" Niche Veronas on 275/40-20 DWS06 -

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Macgyver

WOW thats super nice.

Mathew Mcconaughey must have some pull.

He actually got Lincoln back in the game with his commercials.

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: StinkinLinkin13 on May 08, 2020, 08:28:44 PM
Got my MKS back today. New long block, new intake manifold, new HPFP, new injectors, new turbos, new hardware and gaskets... and new electric power steering assembly apparently damaged by debris... #2 cylinder gave up the ghost.

All covered under Lincolns factory drivetrain warranty.

Biggest advantage to buying under the Lincoln brand IMO is the extended factory warranty and attention to customer satisfaction. At least at my local dealer.
Its 100% true, warranty service is much better if there is a Lincoln badge on the car, that becomes very apparent when you service your one used Lincoln and a ton of new Fords at a Ford dealer.

FoMoCoSHO

Minus the long block, I've had all that..,and more, lol.

Funny story, my $90.00 Bluetooth adapter and some sweet gauges I built with OBDlink saved Lincoln a longblock....

StinkinLinkin13

Yes. I was surprised it was so quick. I was expecting some push back. But no. Everything was taken care of and I literally spent no time on the phone with the service writer. Just a few text and that's it.
Livernois Catless downpipes with Totalflow mufflers - AJP E40/Meth tune - Firestorm HPFP - DW 300 LPFP - Kenne Bell Boost-a-Pump - 3 Bar Map - Alky Controls Meth Injection - 160° Thermostat - EPP Hot Pipes - AEM Dryflow Filter - BOV VTA - SSM Polyurethane Torque Struts - H&R Sport Springs - 20"x10" Niche Veronas on 275/40-20 DWS06 -

limited02

Awesome to hear you're back on the road!  And I agree that having a Lincoln has some perks.  I have a Lincoln and Ford garage right next to each other.  Anytime I had to go in for service, the Ford line was always backed up.  The Lincoln side, I drive up, mention what I'm in for, hop in a loaner and I'm off. 

Twintrbskies

Dang bro your definitely lucky.

So whats the plan for your ride now after that? Going the same route still or maybe slightly less?
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

2010 SHO non-PP, pearl white, Alky Controls Methanol kit-100% meth, tuned with Ortiz Performance, XDI-35, DW300C LPFP, E85, 3-Bar, K&N Drop-In, 160 T-stat, JLT Catch can, Stainless works Catless downpipes, Rear muffler delete with Borla Tips. (not currently using the methanol)

StinkinLinkin13

Depends on how datalogs come back this time. If things look good I'm still planning the same route. Full E85 with a shot of meth. Meth for cooling and cleaning purposes mostly. South Texas summers are toasty.

Twintrbskies

Nice, looking forward to it. I know what you mean about the South Texas heat/humidity. Been running Meth for quite a while because of that. Been a game changer for me.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

2010 SHO non-PP, pearl white, Alky Controls Methanol kit-100% meth, tuned with Ortiz Performance, XDI-35, DW300C LPFP, E85, 3-Bar, K&N Drop-In, 160 T-stat, JLT Catch can, Stainless works Catless downpipes, Rear muffler delete with Borla Tips. (not currently using the methanol)

FiveLeeter918

wow man that's awesome and lucky at the same time. Probably close to a $15k bill.
- Lee
Technical Sales, Ortiz Tuning and Performance
F-150, Mustang, Lincoln MKS, Taurus SHO and Ford Flex Tuning

Ortiz Performance Vendor Forum | Find us on Facebook! | Shop Today!

StinkinLinkin13

17k claim according to the service writer... Insane but not surprising.