• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

How has Rona impacted your car goals?

Started by MKS Tom, May 16, 2020, 09:09:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MKS Tom

PA has been very restrictive in regards to businesses open and the police are far less tolerant here for hooning right now.  Because of that I am running my MKS stock.  I had planned to be running E30 and taking it to the track, but the track I intend to run at (Beaver Springs) is currently closed due to Covid as well.  Has what is going on impacted what you intended to do this spring and summer with your vehicle? 
2013 Lincoln MKS ecoboost, 70,000 miles.  3 bar map 93 tune (E30 in the future) by both AJP Turbo and Ortiz Performance.  PPE catted down pipes, EPP dual CAI (not yet installed so K&N drop in), .026 gapped SP542, 170 degree thermostat, Dynomax axlebacks, and Power Stop Z23 pads and rotors.

Macgyver

Its not RONA. Its WOLF and is crappy staff putting a huge blanket on the fire instead of fixing the issues one by one. Take Berks County where I live. The city of Reading and nursing homes/private care are responsible for 90% of the infections and deaths yet the WHOLE county is shut down. Wolf is a MORON.

That being said. Nothing has changed much except for things STILL being shut down. PPE with hand sanitizer and do what you want. Just be smart about it.

I bought a DRAGY since police are not around watching speed limits.

ridered74

Quote from: Macgyver on May 16, 2020, 09:18:50 PM
Its not RONA. Its WOLF and is crappy staff putting a huge blanket on the fire instead of fixing the issues one by one. Take Berks County where I live. The city of Reading and nursing homes/private care are responsible for 90% of the infections and deaths yet the WHOLE county is shut down. Wolf is a MORON.

That being said. Nothing has changed much except for things STILL being shut down. PPE with hand sanitizer and do what you want. Just be smart about it.

Same here, about a third of the deaths are from long term living facilities and the other 600 in the state they don't really give details about. So far about a million people out of work so far and I'm sure that is the tip of the iceberg. Our company is doing another round of furloughs monday, I've heard it's close to 60% of us so fingers crossed.

As for how it has affected the car, zero other than I can't go to the track. Car has been raring to go for almost three months now. Getting 10-15 dragy runs a week in but it's kind of boring at this point.
Gearhead E30 tune, Gearhead intercooler, LMS firestorm hpfp, catted downpipes, corsa catback, 160 degree thermostat, 3 bar map, upgraded AD trans mounts, MSD coils, Nitto 555R drag tires on front, AR924 wheels and BFG sport comp 2 summer tires on rear, and an EPP intake.

12.2479 @ 118.05 fastest trap
11.591 @ 114.89   fastest ET

Slow15SHO

Covid is definitely slowing my run to 11's in PA. Keystone Raceway is doing rentals but it's $250+ per car so that's a bit much for me. Hoping for green sometime in June. As far as daily life goes I've been working the whole time. Essential life.
2015 SHO PP
Tuned by Ortiz, 3 Bar, AFE Intake, 170 T-Stat, SP-542 Plugs
12.69 on 93
12.32 on E30

MKS Tom

Quote from: Macgyver on May 16, 2020, 09:18:50 PM

Don't get me started on Wolf.  lol  I hope Bucks county goes rogue.  This is totally absurd and we are just watching small businesses around us close one after another.  I don't want to go to sit down at Applebee's with 100 people or go to the movies but this is a complete overreach. 

I see the police all over the place locally.  I asked members in my family involved with local police about it and they basically said don't drive like an idiot right now.  So the Draggy of mine is still along with the tunes.  I just got a set of MSD coli packs the other day in which I put in the basement to put in once all of this is normal again or at least somewhat normal. 
2013 Lincoln MKS ecoboost, 70,000 miles.  3 bar map 93 tune (E30 in the future) by both AJP Turbo and Ortiz Performance.  PPE catted down pipes, EPP dual CAI (not yet installed so K&N drop in), .026 gapped SP542, 170 degree thermostat, Dynomax axlebacks, and Power Stop Z23 pads and rotors.

bamsho

Quote from: MKS Tom on May 16, 2020, 09:09:25 PM
PA has been very restrictive in regards to businesses open and the police are far less tolerant here for hooning right now.  Because of that I am running my MKS stock.  I had planned to be running E30 and taking it to the track, but the track I intend to run at (Beaver Springs) is currently closed due to Covid as well.  Has what is going on impacted what you intended to do this spring and summer with your vehicle?

I run at Beaver Springs too.  Trust me, Mike is truly upset at King Wolf's handling of opening up the state.  I want to see how much the new dual feed intake gives me.  My fastest there is a 12.32.
2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

MKS Tom

Quote from: bamsho on May 17, 2020, 07:44:20 AM

I run at Beaver Springs too.  Trust me, Mike is truly upset at King Wolf's handling of opening up the state.  I want to see how much the new dual feed intake gives me.  My fastest there is a 12.32.

I followed their FB page and I can see how frustrated he is like the rest of us.  Seems like a good guy.  This was going to be my first time at any track.  I'm hopeful it opens at some point this spring. 

donky4444

Sold the SHO as planned but there's no reason to have 2 cars sitting in the garage so I'll wait a month or two to replace it.
2017 Lincoln MKZ 3.0tt with LMS tune

2014 SHO 402a PP 20" flower wheels. LME  tune, 3 bar MAP, LED Puddle Lights and LED DRL's from Drive Bright, tinted head and tail lights, gloss black vinyl wrapped all chrome with custom chrome SHO emblems front and rear. SOLD

2015 X Sport LME 3 bar tune, LED Puddle and plate lights

bamsho

Quote from: MKS Tom on May 17, 2020, 08:53:48 AM

I followed their FB page and I can see how frustrated he is like the rest of us.  Seems like a good guy.  This was going to be my first time at any track.  I'm hopeful it opens at some point this spring.

Hope we can meet up there sometime this year.
2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

Macgyver

Quote from: donky4444 on May 17, 2020, 11:08:03 AM
Sold the SHO as planned but there's no reason to have 2 cars sitting in the garage so I'll wait a month or two to replace it.

Thats true. Deals to be had for sure in the future. Tho there are some good financing options atm 0% for 72-84 months with Ford and a few others on select cars/trucks.

MKS Tom

Quote from: bamsho on May 17, 2020, 11:10:54 AM
Quote from: MKS Tom on May 17, 2020, 08:53:48 AM

Hope we can meet up there sometime this year.

It would be great to meet up with a bunch of you guys to run our cars.  That was the plan for this year to begin with. 

MKS Tom

I made a separate thread in the track meet up forums to see who would all want to run out at Beaver Springs. 

donky4444

Quote from: Macgyver on May 17, 2020, 03:07:02 PM
Quote from: donky4444 on May 17, 2020, 11:08:03 AM

Thats true. Deals to be had for sure in the future. Tho there are some good financing options atm 0% for 72-84 months with Ford and a few others on select cars/trucks.

I'm waiting for the crash in used car values once we open up and all the outstanding leases get turned in and if Hertz floods the market with their cars next week due to bankruptcy.
2017 Lincoln MKZ 3.0tt with LMS tune

2014 SHO 402a PP 20" flower wheels. LME  tune, 3 bar MAP, LED Puddle Lights and LED DRL's from Drive Bright, tinted head and tail lights, gloss black vinyl wrapped all chrome with custom chrome SHO emblems front and rear. SOLD

2015 X Sport LME 3 bar tune, LED Puddle and plate lights

Macgyver

Quote from: donky4444 on May 18, 2020, 09:56:57 AMI'm waiting for the crash in used car values once we open up and all the outstanding leases get turned in and if Hertz floods the market with their cars next week due to bankruptcy.

This is just for starters. A lot more is coming.

6500rpm

Quote from: Macgyver on May 18, 2020, 03:51:20 PM
Quote from: donky4444 on May 18, 2020, 09:56:57 AMI'm waiting for the crash in used car values once we open up and all the outstanding leases get turned in and if Hertz floods the market with their cars next week due to bankruptcy.

This is just for starters. A lot more is coming.

I've  been working for the company  that tries harder than Hertz for over half my life, and even if they miss their payment on the 22nd I doubt they're going anywhere...possibly bought by someone.  All the car rental companies started dumping and selling heavily back in March. Hertz and Enterprise were late to the game. Probably won't be seeing many SHO, but GT Mustangs and Explorer Sports are going to be plentiful with some being well optioned. Definitely going to be a buyers market.
2013 SHO PP in Ruby Red Metallic, GTG Billet Grills, Duraflex Racer Chin Spoiler, DriveBright LED Driving/Turn Lights,160 T Stat, MSD Coils, All Royal Purple Lubricants, EPP Gen 2 Duel Intake and hotpipes,3 bar, Gearhead AO tuned!