• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Rehosting of Ecoboost Performance Forum

Started by StealBlueSho, May 13, 2020, 12:28:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StealBlueSho

With the transfer of Ecoboost Performance Forum from Mike@EcoPowerParts the forum is going to be re-hosted. At this time I am just looking to migrate as is to the new hosting platform. This will require a maintenance window where the site will be locked down. At this time I am in the process of confirming the migration path works 100% so we don't lose anything. I will notify everyone when the cut over is going to happen with plenty of advance notice.

I appreciate everyone's patience while this is completed! The plan is once EBPF is re-hosted, I will look at potential upgrade paths if needed to refresh the site.

And a huge shout out to Mike @ EPP for helping make this migration happen.

Stay Tuned!

StealBlueSho

I will putting EBPF into maintenance mode Friday starting at around 12pm. EBPF will be rehosted and hopefully will back up within 24hrs. Please bear with me while we move the hosting around. Thank you!

SM105K

Have you been thinking about new moderators and what to do with vendors? 

Since before the hand off, vendors haven't paid to promote their products.

Would you consider a policy of transparency between both the vendors and customers?  I know Lee from Ortiz Performance posted about this, and it was a welcome sight that a vendor would post this.   

I think this could be helpful for new members/owners to warm them from predatory companies like LMS and Sierra Sierra India.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

StealBlueSho

***Update***

Huge shout out to Mike@EcoPowerParts for making this transition as smooth as possible (and putting up with some bonehead stuff from me). The domain as been officially transferred and now I just need to do the cut over tomorrow into this weekend. This includes a massive database migration not including almost 10 years worth of data such as pictures (half of which are bpd1151's!!!) not to mention the actual software platform the forum runs on. So far my test migrations have been successful as I have a copy of the site stood up and running. I will be keeping the hosting the same to keep a smooth transition but will be looking at updating the hosting platform in the future.

Thank you for EVERYONES patience while the cut over happens this weekend.

***Update***

Quote from: SM105K on May 14, 2020, 03:04:03 PM
Have you been thinking about new moderators and what to do with vendors? 

Since before the hand off, vendors haven't paid to promote their products.

Would you consider a policy of transparency between both the vendors and customers?  I know Lee from Ortiz Performance posted about this, and it was a welcome sight that a vendor would post this.   

I think this could be helpful for new members/owners to warm them from predatory companies like LMS and Sierra Sierra India.

There has been a lot of things to consider and I am slowly working my through what all needs to be done. I will have answers to these questions fairly soon. I have had people reaching out to me to offer assistance in moderating.

I agree with Lee @ Ortiz Performance in being transparent while not giving up IP and I appreciate their candidness.

Also since this is a community forum, I would love idea's on what everyone thinks would be beneficial here? I am open to suggestions on what the community would like to get out of this.

I will be setting up a forum supporter option like shoforum. The hosting of this site is not free and does consume effort, time, and money.

bpd1151

Quote from: StealBlueSHO on May 14, 2020, 03:32:16 PMSince this is a community forum, I would love idea's on what everyone things would be beneficial here? I am open to suggestions on what the community would like to get out of this.

I will be setting up a forum supporter option like shoforum. The hosting of this site is not free and does consume effort, time, and money.

Only short term suggestion I have for now, is to try and hook up with Ron Porter, current President of the National SHO Club and post details about their newly revamped website, membership offerings, and discounts on registering for the annual SHO Convention, as well as in merchandise.

The SHO Club has been in existence for DECADES and is filled with a great bunch of owners from all walks of life/backgrounds.

Their new site is:

shoclubofamerica.com

Secondly, I'm all in for an annual/recurring membership/donation option here to help the cause.

Looking forward to the new life being infused here.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

ZSHO

I just wanted to take the time to congratulate Mike for taking over the Forum and hoping for a smooth transition and best of luck to ya. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

StealBlueSho

Quote from: ZSHO on May 14, 2020, 05:52:32 PM
I just wanted to take the time to congratulate Mike for taking over the Forum and hoping for a smooth transition and best of luck to ya. Z
Thank you! I greatly appreciate it Z! Hope you feel better soon buddy!

ZSHO

FYI- I due have access to the majority of the restored Forum PICS hosted on a site! Please feel free to contact me anytime during the migration! Fingers crossed. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

tarmstrong

Quote from: bpd1151 on May 14, 2020, 03:57:15 PM
Quote from: StealBlueSHO on May 14, 2020, 03:32:16 PM
Secondly, I'm all in for an annual/recurring membership/donation option here to help the cause.

Thanks for taking this over.  I'm in for that option also.
2018 Maroon PP SHO
K&N Drop-in

Previous: 2015 Dark Side Metallic PP SHO
3 Bar, K&N, Tune

SM105K

"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

StealBlueSho

***Update***

Site has been rehosted!!  Currently cleaning up anything that was missed along the way. Some stuff may not be 100% but again, bear with me.

Again, thanks to Mike@EcoPowerParts for making this a successful endeavor

***Update***

Macgyver

FoMoCoSHO

Heads up, I'm seeing a bit of lag on my end...

FiveLeeter918

back to see it up and running. Got a little worried when I hopped on earlier and it was blank. I have noticed a few redirect errors when posting tonight, since it bumps you back to the main forum it seems I'm getting a server error, but we'll get through it.

While on that, if we could make it where you stay in the thread when responding, that'd be cool :)
- Lee
Technical Sales, Ortiz Tuning and Performance
F-150, Mustang, Lincoln MKS, Taurus SHO and Ford Flex Tuning

Ortiz Performance Vendor Forum | Find us on Facebook! | Shop Today!

StealBlueSho

Most of these redirects issues should resolve themselves over the weekend.  The rehosting involved a new backend IP address, A records, etc which can take up to 48 hours to be properly propagated. The way this particular forum software works relies heavily on DNS.

I too noticed the lag last night and sent a in a request to the hosting company. It could be as simple as things need to be recached again or the backend database needs to be tweaked. We will see.

Thanks for your patience. If you see anything else let me know!