• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

It might be time to remove LMS from this forum, vote up and let me know

Started by EcoPowerParts, April 29, 2020, 02:36:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JMR76

If I had to vote, I would say to keep them, at least for more options.  I've never had a problem with their service.  They've actually customized my fan settings when i wasn't happy with them.   Yes, there was some issues with the v10 and older tunes but the v17 seems to be an big improvement. 

When I've called, they've always answered and I could talk to Anthony himself.

I would say if you datalog go with someone else, but if you you just want a good/ great tune without datalogging go with LMS as with my experience they are pretty good.

LMS has always sent me adjustment tunes within 1 business day.  Granted I just have bolt ons.  They have worked with me on things like the soft shift and I think I was the first to have them adjust the fan settings for 170 thermostat.

I'm not saying they are the best for the track, but they've worked with me for so called canned tunes.

The V17 seems to be a huge improvement with downshifting and just steady acceleration.  Yes, 1-2 shift sometimes at WOT seems like the transmission Is shuttering or slipping but is still accelerates like crazy and I don't hit the ref limiter.

My mods are:

Iridium spark plugs one step colder st 0.028
MSD ignition coils on plug
170 degree Thermostat
Drop In K&N air filter
3 Bar MAP sensor
PPE Cat downpipes
Corsa Catback Exhaust
LMS V17

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
2013 SHO - PP/ GH Intercooler / 170*TS / Cold .026 plugs / MSD Coils / Corsa cat-back / PPE Catted Downpipes / Xtreme-DI XDI-EO HPFP / E 30+ / Gear Head Tuned.

EcoPowerParts

I'm going to go ahead and close the thread and put my thoughts here.
You can read through my various interactions with LMS over the years including the great E85 debates back in 2013 when I started using it and they claimed that ethanol wasn't a viable option. I also called them on having a single 91 octane tune across the country, 91 octane tunes for AZ cars won't work the same as a 91 octane tune from the southeast due to temps and the crap California gas we have here, yes 91 octane from California is WAY worse than 91 octane from Texas.
My company literally started by working with PPE to make a downpipe that wasn't super expensive (at the time) and that could actually pass all emissions readiness checks. The competition caused LMS to immediately drop their prices to match the new lows, over the years the prices have slowly gone up. I don't really compete with them, I sell my charge pipes (which I've heard repeatedly that they have said not to purchase) and I guess now with my cold air it competes with their Airaid rebranded intake.
Being 100% transparent they have sent me a tuner back in the day and I used it on one of the wife's trucks for a bit. Wasn't an amazing tune but it was a off the shelf box tune.
The concerning part is that they have so many issues and such high prices with people who bring their cars to them but if people are willing to pay that and aren't able to find other resources then so be it.
All that being said with BPD Mike's new position on LMS, I'm curious if he's willing to talk about the scenario where he was a moderator on this forum with Dave (rembmered it) and them working behind the scenes specifically to promote LMS to new members via PMs back in the day and how that all played out with them, that is the main reason why I really don't like LMS and causes me concern. Dave literally went to work for them later as a sales guy....
These items are out in the open for people to see and refer to, the thread will be locked but not deleted and can be referred to by various people as a resource for why not to use them.

Remember this was never a tuner comparison thread for performance, this was a why is there issues with big builds and be aware to our members thread.

I'll leave this open for comments for the next 48 hours then I'll close it permanently

Mike
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

SM105K

So what happens now?  Even V17 from LMS is being data logged and there are still shifting problems.

How much time has this "state of the art tuning company" with insight to Ford directly had to fix this? How many threads have been made about shifting issues directly for how many years?

I have never had these issues with any of my tunes, with or without traction on. Even on a base tune.

Does LMS actually care? Are they ignorant? Are they just willingly being stupid? I don't understand.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

StinkinLinkin13

In my opinion our transmission thermostat opens way too late and doesn't flow enough causing high trans temps and possibly pressure. I know in my case removing the thermostat resolved my harsh shifting 100%. 99 degrees already down here. I loved my shifts on my tune. Best yet.
Also clearing transmission adaptive tables helps. After a while the adaptives start "fighting" the custom tune shifts...
Livernois Catless downpipes with Totalflow mufflers - AJP E40/Meth tune - Firestorm HPFP - DW 300 LPFP - Kenne Bell Boost-a-Pump - 3 Bar Map - Alky Controls Meth Injection - 160° Thermostat - EPP Hot Pipes - AEM Dryflow Filter - BOV VTA - SSM Polyurethane Torque Struts - H&R Sport Springs - 20"x10" Niche Veronas on 275/40-20 DWS06 -

SM105K

Quote from: StinkinLinkin13 on May 06, 2020, 12:07:43 PM
In my opinion our transmission thermostat opens way too late and doesn't flow enough causing high trans temps and possibly pressure. I know in my case removing the thermostat resolved my harsh shifting 100%. 99 degrees already down here. I loved my shifts on my tune. Best yet.
Also clearing transmission adaptive tables helps. After a while the adaptives start "fighting" the custom tune shifts...

Can you elaborate?  I have never had shifting issues with my PP.  However, it does run very warm here in AZ.  At 75 mph in the summer I see a sustained 218 degrees, which I really do not like.   
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

SM105K

Quote from: StinkinLinkin13 on May 06, 2020, 12:07:43 PM

To keep this thread on point, would you mind making a new post about what you did?  TIA.

dillrepair

Quote from: bpd1151 on April 30, 2020, 10:15:35 AM
Well articulated.

How they entered the platform 10 years ago, is a far cry from what they've delved into.

As a smaller, niche market type of platform, it is important to highlight those vendors that are, and have proven beneficial to the platform, and conversely, disparage those thatare detrimental.

Those that know, know better, and do steer clear. Newer owners however may not be aware of all of the unscrupulous practices and repeated problems that occur, bringing the platform down, resulting in poor experiences and discouraging further investment and lasting bonds/ownership.

That said, not everyone is saveable. If newbies choose to use them and fall prey to the marketing/media hype, then so be it.

However, "older" (term used loosely) owners absolutely have a responsibility to educate and inform as needed. There should be no benefit of inclusio n in the community as a result.

I correlate it with the banned Sierra Sierra India vendor/followers.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I really wish there had been a bigger warning, realistically something pinned to thefront pages of this and sho forum, I would have gone a diff route when I bought my sho in June last year now I'm stuck with them because my performance budget is spent.

I'm hoping they come thru with what's left to do = direct port meth with remote tuning
Hope fully they read this, and maybe can get started building backthe rep.
2016 taurus sho, PP, LMS 3 bar tstat air-raid & plugs.  91 oct lms tune,  msd cops,  tsw nurburgring staggered like bpd's was.  working on direct port meth

JMR76

Just to update my status from my previous post above.  I did go another route instead of sticking with LMS for years.  I will admit that I may have been wrong and gave them too much credit.  Especially the last few years compared to early on. 

I went with Gearhead, also adding the intercooler and the the XDI evo HPFP. 

I'm not here to rip on anyone, I just wanted to clarify my status since my last post above and that now I couldn't be happier.  Currently, the Best shifting I've ever had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
2013 SHO - PP/ GH Intercooler / 170*TS / Cold .026 plugs / MSD Coils / Corsa cat-back / PPE Catted Downpipes / Xtreme-DI XDI-EO HPFP / E 30+ / Gear Head Tuned.