• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

It might be time to remove LMS from this forum, vote up and let me know

Started by EcoPowerParts, April 29, 2020, 02:36:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SM105K

Quote from: StealBlueSHO on May 02, 2020, 10:50:52 AM
Lmao... you all know the moderators here do this on their own dime right?

I would say since I have joined in 2015 the moderators have done a very good job trying to keep the forums from turning into a Facebook/social media melting pot of crap.

Forums have always been a place to go get information and share ideas respectfully. Talk about new things and help move the platform forward.

There are multiple types of censorship... one type is having a moderator that removed valid comments, another is members who refuse to let others share their own opinions without jumping all over them.

I personally think everyone needs to take a step back, understand that it is OK to have people who LIKE the same vendor you DONT LIKE.  It is OK to have different opinions respectfully. There have been multiple attempts in this post alone by senior members to keep the discussion respectful.

I am a mod on other forums as well. I am well aware of how things operate.

Time to go put on my Reef's and go work on the SHO and ST.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

ZSHO

There were a couple cautionary notes issued Prior and many still disregard to follow simple basic protocol!
I wholeheartedly agree with SHOdded decision respectively! Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

EcoPowerParts

I've unlocked this thread, don't lock it please. Don't moderate it either, these items need to be discussed in public.
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

bpd1151

Quote from: EcoPowerParts on May 02, 2020, 03:48:08 PM
I've unlocked this thread, don't lock it please. Don't moderate it either, these items need to be discussed in public.
Thank you Mike for taking up the reigns on this. Unlocking it, and allowing for unfettered discussion accordingly.

Truly appreciated.

Let the ensuing discusson(s) continue unabated.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

SM105K

Thank you Mike for unlocking this thread. Can you please check to see if the voting has been tampered with by "new" members votes in either direction?
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

EcoPowerParts

Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

SHOdded

No problem.  Your call.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Macgyver

So whats gonna happen. 1 vote majority and they get booted ?

Seriously ?

SM105K

Quote from: Macgyver on May 02, 2020, 06:47:42 PM
So whats gonna happen. 1 vote majority and they get booted ?

Seriously ?

How many times do you have to drop the ball before someone takes the ball and sends you home?

StealBlueSho

Here is my opinion.. I am assisting a former Livernois customer... who paid a boat load for the top of the line package that doesn't involve a motor... and since he has received the car back, it has not run correctly..

The list of CRAP that seems to be poorly put together just never ends.. we are chasing a fueling issue which at this point based on the logs I am suspecting the check valve on the alky kit maybe malfunctioning. I asked where the gain controller was so he can turn the pump off.. he said he doesn't know and that LMS said he should never have to touch it as its a progressive controller and doesn't need adjusting...

He paid $99 for their spark plugs as part of the package, and then another $150 to have them installed... they were gapped at .040!

His alky kit came with two red LEDS... so he has no clue if the pump is actually developing pressure.. and THEY CHARGED HIM SEPARATELY FOR THE LEDS.. THE KIT COMES WITH THEM!

The list continues to go on...

I know he doesn't want to get on the forums.. as I wish he would tell his side of the story so it was first hand..   

To the point, its time to move on from them. If you are getting anything beyond a base tune from LMS then they are screwing people left and right. I myself used them off and on for a few years with good success for the most part.. until I wanted turbo's.. then they tried to sell me "Race Oil" at 7 quarts and break in oil at 7 quarts because "The ATP's will burn through several quarts on the dyno.." as Andy told me. I was also told they wouldn't install my EPP down pipes.. they went so far as to say they don't remove the stock downpipes when replacing the turbos... and the list goes on and on and on..

I have attached a copy of the quote I received for the turbo install.... they wouldnt provide line item price.. as their software apparently wouldnt allow it.

Their business practices are garbage.. and they continue to prey on unsuspecting customers. This predatory business model should not be allowed to continue within these forums. And to the fact that forums have a vendor section for them would suggest the forums also promote them.

I am getting tired of trying to help customers who have gotten screwed by them..

Linemonkey

Think about the new owners joining us. When I bought my car I was so proud of it and excited to mod it. Hell, I still am! This forum and the members here were incredibly helpful and knowledgeable. I'm a family man and couldn't afford to blow money on mods that I didn't need or didn't work. I'd hate to see a new owner come in and lose interest or worse yet, their excitement, because they get burned by shady vendors with potentially dangerous products

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

2013 SHO PP Tuxedo Black
3 bar
160 T-STAT
Catless DPs
Tune by AJP

802SHO

Quote from: StealBlueSHO on May 02, 2020, 09:55:47 PM
Here is my opinion.. I am assisting a former Livernois customer... who paid a boat load for the top of the line package that doesn't involve a motor... and since he has received the car back, it has not run correctly..

The list of CRAP that seems to be poorly put together just never ends.. we are chasing a fueling issue which at this point based on the logs I am suspecting the check valve on the alky kit maybe malfunctioning. I asked where the gain controller was so he can turn the pump off.. he said he doesn't know and that LMS said he should never have to touch it as its a progressive controller and doesn't need adjusting...

He paid $99 for their spark plugs as part of the package, and then another $150 to have them installed... they were gapped at .040!

His alky kit came with two red LEDS... so he has no clue if the pump is actually developing pressure.. and THEY CHARGED HIM SEPARATELY FOR THE LEDS.. THE KIT COMES WITH THEM!

I know he doesn't want to get on the forums.. as I wish he would tell his side of the story so it was first hand..   

To the point, its time to move on from them. If you are getting anything beyond a base tune from LMS then they are screwing people let and right. I myself used them off and on for a few years with good success for the most part.. until I wanted turbo's.. then they tried to sell me "Race Oil" at 7 quarts and break in oil at 7 quarts because "The ATP's will burn through several quarts on the dyno.." as Andy told me. I was also told they wouldn't install my EPP down pipes.. they went so far as to say they don't remove the stock downpipes when replacing the turbos... and the list goes on and on and on..

I have attached a copy of the quote I received for the turbo install.... they wouldnt provide line item price.. as their software apparently wouldnt allow it.

Their business practices are garbage.. and they continue to prey on unsuspecting customers. This predatory business model should not be allowed to continue within these forums. And to the fact that forums have a vendor section for them would suggest the forums also promote them.

I am getting tired of trying to help customers who have gotten screwed by them..

Holy Hell!  That estimate is straight wack!  I thought I saved myself $600 bucks by taking my turbos out AND manifolds ........but wow actually I saved nearly $3,000 lmfao!  Please stop giving these crooks your money people!
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

StealBlueSho

Quote from: 802SHO on May 02, 2020, 10:21:57 PM
Quote from: StealBlueSHO on May 02, 2020, 09:55:47 PM

To the point, its time to move on from them. If you are getting anything beyond a base tune from LMS then they are screwing people let and right. I myself used them off and on for a few years with good success for the most part.. until I wanted turbo's.. then they tried to sell me "Race Oil" at 7 quarts and break in oil at 7 quarts because "The ATP's will burn through several quarts on the dyno.." as Andy told me. I was also told they wouldn't install my EPP down pipes.. they went so far as to say they don't remove the stock downpipes when replacing the turbos... and the list goes on and on and on..

Holy Hell!  That estimate is straight wack!  I thought I saved myself $600 bucks by taking my turbos out AND manifolds ........but wow actually I saved nearly $3,000 lmfao!  Please stop giving these crooks your money people!
Yes. It's crazy... I have another quote with an additional $1,750 in transport charges for them to come get the car...

I have additional data as well... I could consolidate all my datalogs for their tunes... 2010 and 2016 MY... but to be honest it would be subjective. The only one that is of condemning value is the V11 which has been beat to death....

You like the 5.0 oil filter? Truck plugs? Lol.. it's crap...

bpd1151

"Racing oil" is a good one too.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

StealBlueSho

Just for comparison here is the quote from National Speed for GH turbos installed,
Downpipes installed, and 3 dyno pulls. I did pay an extra $75 for a PTU drain/fill at the time too. This shop is highly rated and if you want pictures let me know... they work on and tune cars that LMS would blow a street urchin to get their hands on...