• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Megan Coilovers

Started by Mee2ho, April 24, 2020, 06:40:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mee2ho

I bought used coilovers from SHO owners for my Ecoboost FLEX, I changed the front shock absorber the rest are fine

1st the shocks in the front are so sensitive with our shitty roads any little pump like 3cm high i feel it in my bones

2nd The rear are too low i scratch every speed bumps i set them on highest sets

I installed them for performance
Rear Fender lower than the tire level

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nickstewartroc

Had the megans on my SHO a few years back, hated the ride quality with them, never could get them setup to be comfortable
Current:
2013 Ruby Red Flex Limited EcoBoost, Unleashed Tuned, drop in filter

Gone but not forgotten: 2011 SHO Non-PP in Black Tuxedo Metallic - Catback, DPs, Stoptech Z23s, MDesign CAI, LMS Tune

SHOdded

Yeah, sadly not for really bad roads, or really angled entrances/exits.  But they are great performance units for the strip and generally  well maintained roads.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Dannymack

Aren't the spring rates different for the Flex ones compared to the SHO? I though the rear spring rates were noticeably higher due to weight.
2013 MKS EcoBoost Fully Loaded
AJP E40 Tuned
XDI-35
Godspeed Springs
EBC Yellow Brake Pads

Mee2ho

Quote from: Dannymack on April 24, 2020, 09:59:40 PM
Aren't the spring rates different for the Flex ones compared to the SHO? I though the rear spring rates were noticeably higher due to weight.
As i asked them they are the same it's so low, is it okay to install custom springs ?!

wraitherx

How did you adjust the rears? 

2014 SHO PP
1999 SVT Cobra Built

Mee2ho

Quote from: wraitherx on April 26, 2020, 09:12:52 PM
How did you adjust the rears? 

It's no highest setting i went to workshop & they did that for mw