• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

XDI 35 failed

Started by Chris_Flex, April 14, 2020, 06:42:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris_Flex

Well pretty sure my 8 day old XDI 35 HPFP has failed...I did a pull today and I felt the car bog thankfully I was pretty much home, I parked and at idle I'm only at .35MPa rear fuel pressure I took off a little up my drive way and at 1800rpm it maxed out at .45MPa also had a P0087 code.

Loaded different tune same issue
Just got done installing the stock HPFP and everything is fine and running good

My next step I guess is trying to get ahold of XDI for warranty really sucks I was on my 6 revision and Flex was moving out! Car felt so strong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2013 Ford Flex Ecoboost
BC Coilovers
Trans mounts
Unleashed e30 Tune

SuperPete

Sorry to hear that,
I belive XDI will step in and take care of you, just watch.

2014 SHO, GearHead TUNNED /Powered by Matt Robinson
PPE Downpipes, GearHead Intercooler, AirAid Intake
XDI-35 HPFP @ E40,   MSD Coilpacks
MUSTANG DYNO: 426/446
Continental Extreme Contact 06 & Powerstop Z23 all 4 corners

SHOdded

Sorry to hear!  Is it making a racket, or do you think it might be an electrical issue?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Macgyver

Quote from: Chris_Flex on April 14, 2020, 06:42:40 PM
Well pretty sure my 8 day old XDI 35 HPFP has failed...I did a pull today and I felt the car bog thankfully I was pretty much home, I parked and at idle I'm only at .35MPa rear fuel pressure I took off a little up my drive way and at 1800rpm it maxed out at .45MPa also had a P0087 code.

My next step I guess is trying to get ahold of XDI for warranty really sucks I was on my 6 revision and Flex was moving out! Car felt so strong

I would guess your Fuel Pump Driver (relay) went bad. $65 part at the dealer. Easy to install. 5 minute job.

Macgyver

Chris_Flex

Quote from: SHOdded on April 14, 2020, 10:07:25 PM
Sorry to hear!  Is it making a racket, or do you think it might be an electrical issue?
It is much louder then usual

2013 Ford Flex Ecoboost
BC Coilovers
Trans mounts
Unleashed e30 Tune

Chris_Flex

Quote from: Macgyver on April 14, 2020, 11:39:21 PM
Quote from: Chris_Flex on April 14, 2020, 06:42:40 PM

I would guess your Fuel Pump Driver (relay) went bad. $65 part at the dealer. Easy to install. 5 minute job.
I installed the stock hpfp and everything was back to normal

2013 Ford Flex Ecoboost
BC Coilovers
Trans mounts
Unleashed e30 Tune

SM105K

I believe this is the first failure that I have seen with a XDI pump.  However I am only limited in my 3.5 EB scope being regulated to just the MKS and the SHO. 
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

WinPlaceSHO

Well that sucks... and I hope that's an anomaly, since I received mine at the same time, I'm hoping it's not a manufacturing issue with the new design.
Black 2018 SHO Non-PP | GH e30/AO Tune | PPE Catted Downpipes | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mount | SP-542's | 170 Tstat | 3 bar | H&R Springs | XDI-35 | Badges removed  | Chrome delete | GH IC | EPP CAI | Noisemaker delete | MSD coils

802SHO

Someone will have a major issue that doesn't regularly monitor their data
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

Chris_Flex

Been in contact with XDI all morning sending datalogs and photos of the pump itself now just waiting on what to do next....

2013 Ford Flex Ecoboost
BC Coilovers
Trans mounts
Unleashed e30 Tune

Chris_Flex

Uwe at XDI told me to try and compress the spring on the pump by putting it on the table and putting all your weight on the pump to try and get the spring to move and it didn't, he said it's hard to get it to move but it should move slightly.
Since it did not move at all it's likely the piston has seized in the pump.

I'm gonna ship it back today hopefully for a fast turn around

2013 Ford Flex Ecoboost
BC Coilovers
Trans mounts
Unleashed e30 Tune

limited02

Just curious, but is this the new designed pump or the old?

Chris_Flex

Quote from: limited02 on April 16, 2020, 09:09:20 AM
Just curious, but is this the new designed pump or the old?
New

2013 Ford Flex Ecoboost
BC Coilovers
Trans mounts
Unleashed e30 Tune

SuperPete

2014 SHO, GearHead TUNNED /Powered by Matt Robinson
PPE Downpipes, GearHead Intercooler, AirAid Intake
XDI-35 HPFP @ E40,   MSD Coilpacks
MUSTANG DYNO: 426/446
Continental Extreme Contact 06 & Powerstop Z23 all 4 corners