• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

H&R, Eibach, Godspeed

Started by Dannymack, April 05, 2020, 11:54:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dannymack

I'm looking to see if anyone has ever run Godspeed springs on their Taurus, MKS or Flex? There are plenty of pics of H&R, a few of Eibach, but I can't find anything for Godspeed. H&R is too low for my taste, Eibach is perfect, but impossible to find and Godspeed I just can't find any reference pics.
2013 MKS EcoBoost Fully Loaded
AJP E40 Tuned
XDI-35
Godspeed Springs
EBC Yellow Brake Pads

bpd1151

Eibach's were discontinued about 4yrs or so ago, due entirely to lack of sales.

A few members were able to find them (mostly second hand/used) on FleaBay! and selling websites. But as you are finding, challenging to source.

Never heard of the Godspeed brand you've mentioned, and nor have I ever seen any other member post about it either.

Any product link, or details?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Dannymack

https://godspeedproject.com/traction-stm-performance-lowering-springs-for-ford-taurus-2010-19.html

While I know the regular Taurus springs are technically different spring rates from the factory the curb weight is about 100-150 pounds different between the models which I couldn't imagine being a major difference. I'm not looking to track the car other than in a straight line.
AJP E40 Tuned
XDI-35
Godspeed Springs
EBC Yellow Brake Pads

bpd1151

On paper/digital format, they look decent.

You could just order 'em up and toss 'em on. Perhaps your experiences with them  (presuming they'll be positive in nature) will encourage others to purchase them in kind.

$220 isn't really all that bad to experiment with them, and your sacrifice for doing so, could help a lot of others out, who may be in the same boat.

Same boat of not desiring the drop associated with the H&R's and not being able to source the long discontinued Eibach's.

If you do pull the trigger, pen a new thread on the subject matter and make the title an easily searchable one for future reference.

Good luck!

SHOdded

Since SHO springs and presumably MKS springs are different rates than the standard Taurus line, you will want to talk to them directly.  If THEY don't know the difference, it's not worth it.  Since they do have coilovers for the Gen 4 SHO, there is hope :)

Note:  a manufacturer can vary the spring rate not only by trim level but also the wheel size/weight, in which case the strut/shock may be varied together with the spring rate.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

shaundizzle15

I inquired with one of the sites selling these and they didn't recommend running them on my 2016 SHO, I think coils are your best bet if your going away from the variable ride stiffness you get with the MKS.
Hockey/Golf/Car geek, Beagle loving, and totally comfortable with it.
Tuxedo Black nonPP 2013 SHO traded in
Shadow Black nonPP 2016 SHO
VTA, and tuned by GH

ZSHO

I would just cut the rear Springs if you're last resource. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

A few members have now cut springs to correct the rake or for other purposes. SM105K is one such member:
https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,299.msg147029.html#msg147029
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SM105K

I did cut my stock PP springs. I have also cut my H&Rs' as well.

Here is the thread that I used to guide me. I was super easy.

http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,5204.0.html

However, I ended up cutting off 13 inches off my PP springs.  If you go this route I would cut 11 inches off first. 

https://shoforum.com/index.php?threads/sm105ks-ownership-performance-maintenance-thread.138235/

In post three, I show the progression in stance with my SHO.  Starting from stock ride height to my cut H&R's and everything in between.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

Dannymack

Thanks for all the responses everyone. Does anyone know the stock SHO either PP or non PP spring rates? Figure Mike might know due to his spring knowledge from other projects...
AJP E40 Tuned
XDI-35
Godspeed Springs
EBC Yellow Brake Pads

Dannymack

Well I got the bug to try something new so I ordered a set and will post the results. I've been wanting a reasonably cheap project so why not...
AJP E40 Tuned
XDI-35
Godspeed Springs
EBC Yellow Brake Pads

nickstewartroc

Quote from: Dannymack on April 06, 2020, 08:37:25 PM
Well I got the bug to try something new so I ordered a set and will post the results. I've been wanting a reasonably cheap project so why not...
What set did you end up ordering?
Current:
2013 Ruby Red Flex Limited EcoBoost, Unleashed Tuned, drop in filter

Gone but not forgotten: 2011 SHO Non-PP in Black Tuxedo Metallic - Catback, DPs, Stoptech Z23s, MDesign CAI, LMS Tune

Dannymack

AJP E40 Tuned
XDI-35
Godspeed Springs
EBC Yellow Brake Pads

Dannymack

Well my present showed up today. Did the rear springs today and will do the fronts in the next couple days. Let's just say their stated drop is right on the money 1.5". Waaaay lower than I want, but I'll run them for a bit before giving someone else a good deal. When the weather clears up I'll have more driving details.
AJP E40 Tuned
XDI-35
Godspeed Springs
EBC Yellow Brake Pads

bpd1151

The Robin egg blue color is a unique choice.

Gotta give 'em that.