• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Buying Explorer Sport - mod help

Started by MattC, April 01, 2020, 09:24:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MattC

Hey guys, I'm on the market for an XSport from 2014-2017 that's going to replace my 2010 SHO. Any year better then the rest?

My plans are to modify it pretty heavily but I'm on the fence about a few things. My goal is to be as fast and as reliable as I can without completely breaking the bank. Low 13's/high 12's feasible?

-Standard stuff: plugs, 3 bar, 170 stat, tune, H&R springs
-Methanol or E85?
-CR Performance turbo wheel or leave the stockers: anyone have any reviews on these? (I've searched all around and see nothing definitive)
-Downpipes
-Anything else?

~2014 XSport will give me more monetary play room but I've found some really good deals at the top of my budget for 2016/2017 if they're worth the extra dough. So with saying that, for the people that have been in my position I'd love hearing your thoughts or what you did. Thanks.
2015 Explorer Sport: ported intake, tuned, 100% meth, downpipes

ZSHO

Here are the years for comparison. I would probably favor a 2017 IMO and best of luck on your Quest. Z

https://m.carcomplaints.com/Ford/Explorer/

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Gjkrisa

I was aiming for a 2016+ for sync 3

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

MattC

Pulled the trigger on a 2015!
Ordered SCT X4, plugs, map, stat, Snow Stage 2 meth kit, and H&R's
Thinking about 18" rims with a meatier tire next. Any recommendations?
Anyone know of any shops around Southeast PA that can dyno tune?
Thanks guys!

Gjkrisa

Quote from: MattC on April 10, 2020, 03:59:20 PM
Thanks guys!
Return the sct and get one from Torrie at unleashedtuning.com because tuning time is expensive if you buy the programmer first.

Your also going to want hotpipes from https://www.ecopowerparts.com/ so that you don't get any boost leakes from more boost.

The Dyno is good for the first 90% of tuning it's the final 10% you need to do quarter mile pulls. Hes seen alot of Ecoboost vehicles the 90% is done he will get the vehicle truly dialed in without ignoring safety measures.

MattC

Forgot to mention I went through Torrie. Used him for my Taurus. It was apart of his Power Package.

Why should i return the X4?

Gjkrisa

Quote from: MattC on April 10, 2020, 04:54:14 PM
Forgot to mention I went through Torrie. Used him for my Taurus. It was apart of his Power Package.

Why should i return the X4?
Nevermind if you bought the programmer from Torrie then do what he says

ZSHO

Quote from: MattC on April 10, 2020, 03:59:20 PM
Thanks guys!
Congrats on the new ride.  :thumb: Best of luck. Z
[PI WHEELS]

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/ford,2015,explorer,3.5l+v6+turbocharged,3308771,wheel,wheel,7644

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|