• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2013 Ford Edge SEL 2.0 EB Transmission Relearn Process:

Started by ghost0217, March 29, 2020, 11:31:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ghost0217

Hello,

New member here.  I tried the search function prior to posting, but was unable to locate anything Edge 2.0 specific. 

Does anyone know of a transmission relearn process for the 2013 Ford Edge 2.0?  I remember seeing something a long time back in regard to completing it after a battery swap or a transmission service.  I've completed both on my wife's 2013 Edge EB recently and noticed that what appears to be the 2-3 shift hangs a little.  Once it shifts it is fine, but between this oddity and the recent maintenance, it was something I wanted to check off the list.

I remember there being something in ForSCAN for it to clear the Adaptive Learning or Something directly related to the TCM. 

Thank you.

SHOdded

Not many Edge owners on here, not active anyway.

Forscan Lite has a TCM reset under service functions for certain MYs that resets the trans adaptive tables.  Hopefully it is available for your Edge and that it is enough.

Keeping on top of fluid changes? What is the mileage?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!