• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Firestorm HPFP Failure & More

Started by StealBlueSho, March 21, 2020, 10:50:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

Hmm.. I thought they were getting rid of some bad apple's IIRC! It makes you wonder even more now with the claimants new issues. I hope they can come to an amicable resolution. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

yeah ... hope they still have qualified engineers on staff.  The image/perception is not good right now.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SM105K

"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SM105K

"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

StealBlueSho

Quote from: ZSHO on March 23, 2020, 11:27:32 AM
Hmm.. I thought they were getting rid of some bad apple's IIRC! It makes you wonder even more now with the claimants new issues. I hope they can come to an amicable resolution. Z
The guy was working directly with Andy... lol...

FiveLeeter918

- Lee
Technical Sales, Ortiz Tuning and Performance
F-150, Mustang, Lincoln MKS, Taurus SHO and Ford Flex Tuning

Ortiz Performance Vendor Forum | Find us on Facebook! | Shop Today!

Livernois Motorsports

Quote from: StealBlueSHO on March 21, 2020, 10:50:43 AM
Not me.... but helping a fellow SHO owner who purchased the T550 package and a HPFP from LMS, had them install, dyno tune,  and now has a car that won't run.. fuel pump died and map sensor died... within a year of install...

Of course LMS won't warranty any of it...
Would you mind sending me a PM on this? I believe i reached out to the customer last night personally after hours with no response, i would just like to make sure that everything gets handled properly. It seems the last conversation we had on this was when we were given soemones phone number by the customer, we left them a mesage and never received a call back...We definitely do not want to leave this issue unresolved so i would appreciate if you could help by having the customer reach back out to us as i have tried with no response

SM105K

StealBlueSho

Quote from: Livernois Motorsports on April 28, 2020, 09:27:06 AM
Quote from: StealBlueSHO on March 21, 2020, 10:50:43 AM
Not me.... but helping a fellow SHO owner who purchased the T550 package and a HPFP from LMS, had them install, dyno tune,  and now has a car that won't run.. fuel pump died and map sensor died... within a year of install...

Of course LMS won't warranty any of it...
Would you mind sending me a PM on this? I believe i reached out to the customer last night personally after hours with no response, i would just like to make sure that everything gets handled properly. It seems the last conversation we had on this was when we were given soemones phone number by the customer, we left them a mesage and never received a call back...We definitely do not want to leave this issue unresolved so i would appreciate if you could help by having the customer reach back out to us as i have tried with no response

Must be another customer you are thinking about. Anthony (the customer) was directed to me from an esteemed member in the EB SHO community to help him cause he was not getting any help from LMS. He stated that he personally talked to Andy several months ago when the issue happened, sent LMS the Firestorm HPFP back after having issues getting the pump to develop more than 600psi. The customer then told me that LMS kept the pump for a month before sending it back stating they installed it on another customers car and had no issues.

This all happened awhile ago... the customer then had the pump tested by a local shop who said that the pump was not able to build pressure and was not functioning correctly. He tried reaching back out to Andy and Dan several times according to him and never got a response. After a no response for several weeks he reached out for help..

He is currently tuned and getting support directly from another vendor and is in process to get an XDI pump as their customer service has been extremely responsive along with the company that is currently tuning his vehicle.

Funny too as LMS even promoted his car with a video on how much power it produced etc... but when things went south.. crickets.. seems to be a similar story with a lot LMS customers recently.

I am giving the cliff notes as its really not my story to tell... just the highlights.. 

SM105K

WAIT A MINUTE!

LMS put a defunct fuel pump on another customer's car to test it? 

SM105K

I posted this exact post on the other forum.  Please feel free to respond to both. 

The owner stated LMS had installed his HPFP on another customers car, to verify it worked (or not). They claimed it did work properly.

So the real question that begs to be asked, did LMS install a (now determined to be) defunct HPFP onto another customer's car for testing purposes? That pump was tested by third party and deemed defunct.

Did that customer authorize that? Does that customer even know? Also, don't you have a SHO owned by an employee (that has never gotten preferred treatment....lol)?

Also there was a delay in returning the fuel pump from the owner from LMS.

It seems LMS also kept his HPFP for just long enough to return to him, where it just got out of warranty (by like one week) and they did nothing for him, citing the expired warranty.

Does that even sound like the proper protocol to diagnose an issue? Especially one coming from a company that claims to have multi millions of dollars worth of specialized equipment to help fabricate things??

StealBlueSho

Confirmed... Anthony pinged me... LMS did in fact reach out to him yesterday.

bpd1151

Seems odd they would claim that they did not have success in getting a hold of him then.

Regardless, he's at a nearly $20k loss to date as a result of all the nonsense.

Par for the course, seems a little to late, and/or after the fact.
Looks like a duck, walks like a duck, acts like a duck..... the feathers unfortunately have not changed.

I wish Anthony the best of luck moving forward. I know I steered far and clear away from anything and everything having to do with this particular vendor.

Hope he achieves success in his newly found undertaking(s).

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Livernois Motorsports

For anyone who wishes to see more of the updates on this concern please follow along wth this link as we are showing the proof the pump was working very well when it was here. We are just trying to clear the air and are still more than willing to work with the customer on his pump from us as well: https://shoforum.com/index.php?threads/lms-t460-gains-big-power-while-resolving-other-concerns.141171/page-9#post-1533656