• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Firestorm HPFP Failure & More

Started by StealBlueSho, March 21, 2020, 10:50:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StealBlueSho

Not me.... but helping a fellow SHO owner who purchased the T550 package and a HPFP from LMS, had them install, dyno tune,  and now has a car that won't run.. fuel pump died and map sensor died... within a year of install...

Of course LMS won't warranty any of it...

bpd1151

Quote from: StealBlueSHO on March 21, 2020, 10:50:43 AM
Not me.... but helping a fellow SHO owner who purchased the T550 package and a HPFP from LMS, had them install, dyno tune,  and now has a car that won't run.. fuel pump died and map sensor died... within a year of install...

Geezuz H. Christ.......

YET ANOTHER owner victimized by the no good do'ers over at Liver$h!t huh?

**SMH**

Pass along my condolences. Sad. Really sad.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

StinkinLinkin13

That's strange considering they clearly state that package comes with a 1 year warranty. Is there something missing from the story? Did that customer start making other modifications or use another tuner?

How do you or they know both the MAP sensor and HPFP have failed? Just curious. I have a spare 3 bar if needed.
Livernois Catless downpipes with Totalflow mufflers - AJP E40/Meth tune - Firestorm HPFP - DW 300 LPFP - Kenne Bell Boost-a-Pump - 3 Bar Map - Alky Controls Meth Injection - 160° Thermostat - EPP Hot Pipes - AEM Dryflow Filter - BOV VTA - SSM Polyurethane Torque Struts - H&R Sport Springs - 20"x10" Niche Veronas on 275/40-20 DWS06 -

StealBlueSho

Quote from: StinkinLinkin13 on March 21, 2020, 01:44:02 PM

That's strange considering they clearly state that package comes with a 1 year warranty. Is there something missing from the story? Did that customer start making other modifications or use another tuner?

How do you or they know both the MAP sensor and HPFP have failed? Just curious. I have a spare 3 bar if needed.
I have been helping him get back on track, he had originally reached out to BPD1151. The owner mentioned to him he had tried to purchase my SHO when it was for sale, and since he was local to me BPD1151 provided him my number to see if could help him...

So the last guy and I talked... short version is that the Firestorm Pump stopped developing fuel pressure, the guy sent it back to LMS for testing, LMS kept it for a long time , said noting was wrong as they tried it on a customers car.

He took it to his buddy who also works at Ford Shelby to verify and they said the pump was dead. And was only able to develop 400psi in their testing.

At the point LMS said he mechanic doesn't know what he was doing, not their problem, won't rebuild and/or replace the pump... said it was his ECU causing the problem... not it's out of warranty and they won't return his calls.

FWIW he put a stock pump on the car and is running.

Sidenote: he had requested them return his stock parts when they installed the T550 and HPFP with the exception of the exhaust... they only returned his stock intake... they kept his 3BAR, Cats, Stock HPFP,  etc... so he to had to buy a new stock HPFP to get the car running.

bpd1151

So they dragged it out unnecessarily, knowing full well the owner had contacted them while it was still UNDER WARRANTY then once the warranty period was up, POOF! They magically are unwilling to help any further.

Mind you, the owner had the car shipped directly to Liver$h!t, gave them a blank check to install all sorts of their claimed, world renowned product(s) and then kept his car there significantly longer than quoted. Like months longer. Only to return it to him and his best was a 12.5 something.

He dumped nearly $20k with that vendor and is out God knows how much more to get it fixed correctly. The factory HPFP he installed has only allowed him to drive it home, whilst still throwing all sorts of CEL's.

There is Way, way, WAYYYYYY more to this, but alas I digress, as it's not my story to tell.

Hopefully the owner does chime in though, and/or creates their own separate thread on the matter. It's telling alright.

As I've said previously, buyer beware. Steer clear.

BTW, @Stinkin Linkin, very kind of you to pony up that MapV sensor. I'm sure BJ will reach out to that owner and inform him.

StinkinLinkin13

Well that's unfortunate. I saw the price of that package and was like 👀! Crazy money for me. I had talked to Livernois about warranty on my HPFP before it expired and they were helpful. I just like to hear the full story because in this modding game it's tempting to push the envelope and no one really knows what's going on except the owner and their car sometimes. Especially those of us who do our own work. Hopefully it all gets sorted out however and my best to the owner. Keep us posted.
Livernois Catless downpipes with Totalflow mufflers - AJP E40/Meth tune - Firestorm HPFP - DW 300 LPFP - Kenne Bell Boost-a-Pump - 3 Bar Map - Alky Controls Meth Injection - 160° Thermostat - EPP Hot Pipes - AEM Dryflow Filter - BOV VTA - SSM Polyurethane Torque Struts - H&R Sport Springs - 20"x10" Niche Veronas on 275/40-20 DWS06 -

ZSHO

That's very unfortunate to say the least! Have the original owner post under the (vendor section) below at his/hers earliest convenience in order to hear the Full side of the story. Customer service is key to any business. TIA. Z

https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/board,111.0.html

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Bronco2fan

I remember many months ago BPD and I had a conversation about that same package. Back when he was using that same vendor.  Needless to say I did'nt purchase it. I can honestly say, I pay heed to what's said by the forum members who have been playing with this platform years before I became interested.
2019 Mustang GT, Velocity Blue 5.0 PP, 2015 Audi Q7 TFSI Quattro. 2013 Ruby Red Metallic, PP.  06 F150 Harley-Davidson Edition, 03 Mustang GT Conv, 84 Bronco II, and my 97 Jeep GC Laredo 5.2.

SM105K

Geez, LMS leading the way in complete garbage, both in parts and customer service. I remember catching flack when I called them out.  I gave them every opportunity to explain here, yet they didnt. Just proved my point.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

StealBlueSho

Quote from: ZSHO on March 21, 2020, 03:57:06 PM
That's very unfortunate to say the least! Have the original owner post under the (vendor section) below at his/hers earliest convenience in order to hear the Full side of the story. Customer service is key to any business. TIA. Z

Ya, I will reach out to him... the guy has been in the SHO community on shoforum.com for a long time... he had a couple gen 1's and gen 2's... did a 3.2 conversion on a gen 1... so he is no stranger wrenching. I mentioned EBPF when I talked to him, he is focusing on getting stuff fixed at the moment and said he will join when he can.

But I might add what is the point in posting in the vendor section for LMS? Dan and his employees are just gonna call people out as liars, uninformed, etc etc.... not worth it.

ZSHO

Quote from: StealBlueSHO on March 21, 2020, 05:11:45 PM
Quote from: ZSHO on March 21, 2020, 03:57:06 PM

Ya, I will reach out to him... the guy has been in the SHO community on shoforum.com for a long time... he had a couple gen 1's and gen 2's... did a 3.2 conversion on a gen 1... so he is no stranger wrenching. I mentioned EBPF when I talked to him, he is focusing on getting stuff fixed at the moment and said he will join when he can.

But I might add what is the point in posting in the vendor section for LMS? Dan and his employees are just gonna call people out as liars, uninformed, etc etc.... not worth it.
It's to keep the ecoboost community up to speed and informed,since customer service is crucial for any such vendor on the board. Be well. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

Time to make rebuild kits for these pumps?  At least I hope they will not destroy the cam in the process ...
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

802SHO

Wow, didn't they just release a video of it making 500awhp or something?  Damn nearly 20k and they have to keep his parts?  Can't just send him a new HPFP and sort out the first one they sold him?  Why is taking ppls money the only thing THEY ARE willing to do?  It's unbelievable....but it's true.  If I were still a Livernois customer.......and thankfully I'm not.....Id run.  You clearly will NOT be taken care of if you encounter an issue......no matter how small (weak low boost tune for me) or large....and it doesn't matter who you are, how much money you pay them or how many customers you refer to them.  Encounter some waves and you'll be the first one they throw overboard!
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

bpd1151

@802.....

So very true. Well articulated.

I am zipping my own mouth, because again, it's up to this individual owner to share his story (I believe he is compiling data/facts/etc. before posting) but it's nothing short of horse$h!t how they treated this owner.

Truly unfortunate. In every aspect/facet of the word.

SM105K

"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |