• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Carter HPFP 2900 psi

Started by ddlopes, March 16, 2020, 06:19:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ddlopes

2013 SHO P/P mods: EcoPower Parts dual CAI, 3 bar, PPE catted down pipe, SCT X4, 170 degree thermostat, SNOW PERFORMANCE methanol stage 3 with ProMeth staineless steel braided lines, AeroForce gauges, Hot pipes, custom boost activated cutout xpipe, tial bov, Tial Wastegate mod, GH intercooler, MSD coils, AFE throttle spacer, UPR catch can, Rovos Durban wheels, AJP tuned to 389hp and 503trq on mustang dyno

Jordan

Looks like an oem replacement. The guise of being an upgrade I'm not very sure of given the information on their website
World's Fastest SHO Ecoboost July 2019 - Current

2020 Power Numbers - 536AWHP/647Torque

FiveLeeter918

sounds like a pretty generic description that allows them to re-use it for multiple applications. For the price I am assuming it's OE replacement.
- Lee
Technical Sales, Ortiz Tuning and Performance
F-150, Mustang, Lincoln MKS, Taurus SHO and Ford Flex Tuning

Ortiz Performance Vendor Forum | Find us on Facebook! | Shop Today!

limited02

Have you sent them an email asking the difference?  If this is better than stock, but not quite as good as the XDI 35, it might be a worthy upgrade for the E30 crowd.

Edit: I emailed them. 

ZSHO

I think I posted this a while back IIRC! It seems like an alternative replacement to the Oem pump AFAIK. Z

CARTER-M73108- $289.79

Direct Injection High Pressure; Mechanical Pump
Carter offers high pressure gasoline direct injection (GDI) fuel pumps for increased fuel economy with a higher degree of power output. The GDI fuel pump is located outside the fuel tank and operates, as necessary, to complement the primary fuel pump.
100% factory tested and approved
Features high fuel flow capability to enable faster start times
Increases horsepower, torque and overall engine fuel efficiency.

Fuel System Diagnostic Check-List
Inlet Quantity   1
In Tank or External   External
Fuel Pump Type   Mechanical
Gasket or Seal Included   No
Inlet Type   Quick Connect
Outlet Type   Threaded
Flow Rate 29GP
Outlet Thread Diameter   0.546 IN
Outlet Outside Diameter   13.85 mm
Inlet Outside Diameter   7.88 mm
Alternate/OEM Part Number(s): AA5Z9350A

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/ford,2013,taurus,3.5l+v6+turbocharged,1503823,fuel+&+air,fuel+pump,6256

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

FiveLeeter918

Quote from: limited02 on March 18, 2020, 10:04:08 PM
Have you sent them an email asking the difference?  If this is better than stock, but not quite as good as the XDI 35, it might be a worthy upgrade for the E30 crowd.

Edit: I emailed them.

Let us know what they say.
- Lee

ddlopes

Quote from: ZSHO on March 19, 2020, 08:07:14 AM
I think I posted this a while back IIRC! It seems like an alternative replacement to the Oem pump AFAIK. Z

CARTER-M73108- $289.79

Direct Injection High Pressure; Mechanical Pump
Carter offers high pressure gasoline direct injection (GDI) fuel pumps for increased fuel economy with a higher degree of power output. The GDI fuel pump is located outside the fuel tank and operates, as necessary, to complement the primary fuel pump.
100% factory tested and approved
Features high fuel flow capability to enable faster start times
Increases horsepower, torque and overall engine fuel efficiency.

Fuel System Diagnostic Check-List
Inlet Quantity   1
In Tank or External   External
Fuel Pump Type   Mechanical
Gasket or Seal Included   No
Inlet Type   Quick Connect
Outlet Type   Threaded
Flow Rate 29GP
Outlet Thread Diameter   0.546 IN
Outlet Outside Diameter   13.85 mm
Inlet Outside Diameter   7.88 mm
Alternate/OEM Part Number(s): AA5Z9350A

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/ford,2013,taurus,3.5l+v6+turbocharged,1503823,fuel+&+air,fuel+pump,6256

They make two pumps. The one you quoted and then the one I mentioned. Price difference is almost $300 between the two. I'm gonna call them tomorrow. They claim to have 2900 psi which is the same as the xdi pump. Could be another option. Definitely not built to the xdi specs... but then again it's a $1000 less.
2013 SHO P/P mods: EcoPower Parts dual CAI, 3 bar, PPE catted down pipe, SCT X4, 170 degree thermostat, SNOW PERFORMANCE methanol stage 3 with ProMeth staineless steel braided lines, AeroForce gauges, Hot pipes, custom boost activated cutout xpipe, tial bov, Tial Wastegate mod, GH intercooler, MSD coils, AFE throttle spacer, UPR catch can, Rovos Durban wheels, AJP tuned to 389hp and 503trq on mustang dyno

ZSHO

DIRECT INJECTION HIGH PRESSURE FUEL PUMP-M73108.
Here are actual PICS of the pump.. Fingers crossed. Z

https://carterfuelsystems.com/direct-injection-high-pressure-fuel-pump-m73108

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ddlopes

Reached out to carter today. Unfortunately there 2900 psi pump is for the 2 liter engine not ours. Too good to be true I guess.... sorry guys! Looks like gotta spend $1600 if you wanna get that extra pressure!

limited02

Quote from: ddlopes on March 20, 2020, 08:37:30 AM
Reached out to carter today. Unfortunately there 2900 psi pump is for the 2 liter engine not ours. Too good to be true I guess.... sorry guys! Looks like gotta spend $1600 if you wanna get that extra pressure!
Thanks! I never heard back and you found the answer.

FiveLeeter918

Quote from: ddlopes on March 20, 2020, 08:37:30 AM

Kinda assumed so, thanks for confirming!
- Lee