• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2014 Fiesta ST

Started by Needmoreboost, September 03, 2013, 08:09:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Needmoreboost

***197 Hp and 207 Tq and 2800 pounds.  With some Torrie tuning, catless downpipe, and intake this bug ought to fly.  Got this from svtperformance.com

Mike get a Fiesta ST ecoboost section going!  LOL

I can't think of a more appropriate analogy for the 2014 Ford Fiesta ST than the resurgence in certain areas of Detroit. Much like The Motor City, the compact car market was once a thriving arena occupied by many of the greatest products in the business. However, years of cheap gas and slipping quality took its toll on the compact car field, leaving it essential a wasteland of boring econo-boxes. That's where the EcoBoost powered Fiesta ST rolls onto the scene in all its neon-hued glory. The Fiesta ST is the absolute opposite of everything that's wrong with today's 98% tepid B car line-up. It's decently powered yet low in weight; with razor sharp handling, sporty styling, above average fuel economy, premium equipment, and a thoroughly reasonable price. The basic specs of the Fiesta ST break down as follows:

197 HP @ 6,000 rpm
202 lb.-ft @ 4,200 rpm
0-60 mph - 6.9 secs
Max speed - 137 mph
26 mpg city / 35 mpg highway
Base Price: $22,195 (incl D&D)

My day with the ST started on an early Monday morning in Ann Arbor, MI. We met at Weber's Inn, a local landmark and starting point for many Ford press-drives. Upon seeing all of the neon metallic pocket-rockets arranged in two rows I was a bit surprised by the amount of sportiness that survived the transition from concept car to actual production. The stance is basically perfect, no 4x4 fender gap to be found anywhere. Not only that; but the Molten Orange tri-coat metallic paint, originally a color exclusive to the SVT Raptor, also found its way into production. I've long been a fan of that color, and I think it's a shame that it was never offered on a GT500. Unique paint options for the ST include: Race Red, Molten Orange and Spirit Blue. It seems like so long ago that the brightly colored Dodge Neon SRT-4s were given the entirely appropriate nickname "Skittles." Based on the pallet of day-glow metallic paints available on the Fiesta ST it wouldn't seem too out of place to call it a Nuclear Skittle.

Beyond the paint and stance, I was really surprised how similar in size the Fiesta ST is to the old SVT Focus. For those who are not aware, the current generation Ford Focus is a much larger car than the previous generation. I wouldn't really call the Focus a compact any longer, it's actually closer in size to a traditional mid-size. That left a hole in Ford's line-up that the Fiesta was perfectly sized to fill. If you guys recall, the SVT Focus had respectable performance with its high-revving 170 HP and 145 lbs.-ft. 2.0L mill. The Fiesta ST make a sizable turbocharged leap past the old SVT via its 1.6L 197 HP and 202 lbs.-ft. EcoBoost power plant. With a similar curb weight to its spiritual progenitor, no matter how you slice it, near-as-makes-no-difference 30 HP and 60 TQ (both peaking much lower in the rev range) delivers a very noticeable increase in performance.

Speaking of performance; Team RS, the division of Ford's "Global Performance Vehicles" group tasked with engineering the ST, did not stop with the EcoBoost engine. The also added (to the base Fiesta):

1.6-Liter EcoBoost
6-speed manual transmission
Larger front brakes (rotors and calipers)
Rear disc brakes (an ST model exclusive among Fiestas)
Unique fade-resistant brake pad compound
Tandem brake master cylinder delivering braking performance while contributing greater driver feedback
17-inch aluminum wheels wheels fitted with summer compound tires
Unique Dual chrome-tipped exhaust
New front knuckles with geometry for a quicker steering ratio
Unique rear twist beam
Unique springs and dampers
15 mm lower ride height resulting in a lower center of gravity.
Uniquely tuned Electric Power Assist Steering ("EPAS") for sharper responses and greater feedback
Cloth ST sport seats
Unique leather steering wheel & shift knob
Alloy Sport pedals
ST scuff plate
My Ford Touch with Sony Premium Sound
HD and Satellite Radio
Unique front / rear fascias, rocker moldings and rear spoiler
Intelligent Access w/ Push Button Start
Electronic Climate Control
Full-size spare
2014 Mustang GT/CS: white
Auto with custom Unleashed Tuning
Past honorable mentions: 13 SHO, 08 SRT4, 07 350Z, 03 Cobra, 03 Focus SVT, 00 GT Mustang, 91 LX Notch, etc.

mjhpadi

Doesn't sound like the car you drove was stickered at $22,000?
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350

Scott13SHO

A loaded titanium model with a manual maxes out at around 21k...so 22k is reasonable

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
Ruby Red 2013 Ford Taurus SHO with Performance Package,Airaid CAI, MGP Red Caliper covers, LMS 93 Tune, Custom A-pillar Gauge pod with Aeroforce Interceptor Gauges, LED Interior and Exterior lights

EcoPowerParts

Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts