• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

JMS vs Kenne Bell Boost a Pump.

Started by StinkinLinkin13, March 09, 2020, 10:06:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StinkinLinkin13

Why hasn't anyone seemed to try these products with our notoriously weak lpfp system? They seem to have good feedback on other platforms. I know I'm having issues with my lpfp maintaining pressure as per my tuner. Just wondering if anyone has any actual feedback results.
Livernois Catless downpipes with Totalflow mufflers - AJP E40/Meth tune - Firestorm HPFP - DW 300 LPFP - Kenne Bell Boost-a-Pump - 3 Bar Map - Alky Controls Meth Injection - 160° Thermostat - EPP Hot Pipes - AEM Dryflow Filter - BOV VTA - SSM Polyurethane Torque Struts - H&R Sport Springs - 20"x10" Niche Veronas on 275/40-20 DWS06 -

Blackhawk

I think one of your LMS brothers tried a boostapump with his upgraded HPFP with no success.  Ended up going with a DW upgraded in tank pump.

StinkinLinkin13

I've actually been working with AJP since Oct. Unfortunately I've been hitting snag after snag with SCT and their device. Only managed about 3 revisions in all that time to no fault of Brad. I saw LMS is using a boost a pump along with a DW upgraded lpfp and injectors on a full e85 SHO build. Just not sure if or why the boost a pump wouldn't be any benefit on its own when it works so well on other platforms. Supposedly up to 75% increase for the street version. In theory that would be more than I need at this point for my setup. Anyhow in my case Brad feels like my pressure is lower than he's seen for my boost levels and thinks a known strategy issue might be the culprit. I'm just tired of waiting on SCT and thought the boost a pump might be a viable option/alternative...
Livernois Catless downpipes with Totalflow mufflers - AJP E40/Meth tune - Firestorm HPFP - DW 300 LPFP - Kenne Bell Boost-a-Pump - 3 Bar Map - Alky Controls Meth Injection - 160° Thermostat - EPP Hot Pipes - AEM Dryflow Filter - BOV VTA - SSM Polyurethane Torque Struts - H&R Sport Springs - 20"x10" Niche Veronas on 275/40-20 DWS06 -

SHOdded

Upgrade the in tank fuel pump.  Boost A Pump is like Boostmax or a tune that comes stock with the SCT device.  Will leave you wanting in the long run.

BTW, the Boost A Pump was used on this platform many years ago by Ecobrick Bob, well before the tuning "code" was finally cracked.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

StinkinLinkin13

I would've bought a upgraded pump already if there was a drop in replacement that required no mods and also didn't recommend buying another new stock unit (I'm assuming just in case something gets damaged)... Crazy one still isn't available.

Jordan

Quote from: StinkinLinkin13 on March 10, 2020, 12:28:49 PM
I would've bought a upgraded pump already if there was a drop in replacement that required no mods and also didn't recommend buying another new stock unit (I'm assuming just in case something gets damaged)... Crazy one still isn't available.

The DW 300c is still worth every penny. You don't need it until you have upgraded turbos, hpfp and everything else. However it was a great add on to the build. I only bought a second housing because my fuel filter was clogged.
World's Fastest SHO Ecoboost July 2019 - Current

2020 Power Numbers - 536AWHP/647Torque

StinkinLinkin13

Quote from: Jordan on March 10, 2020, 03:54:16 PM
Quote from: StinkinLinkin13 on March 10, 2020, 12:28:49 PM

The DW 300c is still worth every penny. You don't need it until you have upgraded turbos, hpfp and everything else. However it was a great add on to the build. I only bought a second housing because my fuel filter was clogged.

Whos the recommended vendor/dealer for that pump? Any kits yet? Looks like I'm taking this plunge. 🤦‍♂️

Jordan

Lee Ament of Ortiz is the guy to grab it from. He's in here as fiveleeter918. I'll send him this thread

FiveLeeter918

Hey there!

I currently have 10 DW300C fuel pumps in stock and ready to ship. No waiting from DW direct, pay and go. Yes it requires extensive modification to the oem bucket, but the only reason I recommended previously to get a second bucket is to get new filters, a new electric module and to reduce your downtime during assembly. If you are able to leave the car down for a bit to make the modifications go for it. I just prefer a 10 minute downtime versus a 5 hour downtime and I wanted new filters since you have to reuse the OEM filter.

As for having them available turnkey, I asked DW about it but since the "kit" that comes with the DW pump is for multiple different vehicles, they weren't interested in adding stock figures to have them turnkey. They have assembled about 5 kits that I know of - myself, Jordan, and a few others so I know they can do it problem but not sure the juice is worth the squeeze for them. Perhaps if we were to get a bulk order they would be willing to do a set of 10 or something.
- Lee
Technical Sales, Ortiz Tuning and Performance
F-150, Mustang, Lincoln MKS, Taurus SHO and Ford Flex Tuning

Ortiz Performance Vendor Forum | Find us on Facebook! | Shop Today!

StinkinLinkin13

Is there a discount code? 😋😂 JK.. OK I'll  look on your site. Maybe provide a link to it in this thread?

One other question. Does the pump perform fine if you revert back to stock tune?

FiveLeeter918

Yep, it's a mechanical pump so no tune changes required.

https://www.ortizperformance.com/product-page/deatschwerks-dw300c-2013-2019-taurus-sho-flex-mks

Installation and bucket modification instructions are there as well.
- Lee

SHOdded

No efficiency issues then through its operating range compared to stock.  Always equal to or better than factory?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

StinkinLinkin13

Its an electric fuel pump. I placed order a day ago. Hopefully gets shipped out soon! Thank you!

Jordan

From my experience the fueling is adaptive and will adapt so no revision necessary and will be fine on stock tune

FiveLeeter918

Quote from: StinkinLinkin13 on March 19, 2020, 11:02:55 AM
Its an electric fuel pump. I placed order a day ago. Hopefully gets shipped out soon! Thank you!

Did you get it? shipped out Friday :)
- Lee