• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Radio reception/antenna

Started by slimshamis, March 03, 2020, 08:27:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slimshamis

My radio reception has always been kind of poor but now every channel is staticky on my 2010 SHO when I do the bezel diagnostics and signal strength it says am/fm antenna failure anyone have this issue and a fix?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SHOdded

http://www.nicksmustangranch.com/Service_Manuals/2014/2014_Taurus/Resources/Service_Manual/seff0a03.htm#table_extract_33

You will have to run through the tests in pinpoint test A.  This results in checking the alternator, grounds, antenna grid, antenna module, antenna cable, and ACM in that order.

Hopefully it is just a ground issue, or perhaps water/grime intrusion into the electrical connectors at the ACM.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!