April 01, 2020, 10:53:13 AM
collapse
collapse

Author Topic: F150 Boost pressure feels limited  (Read 1636 times)

Online SHOdded

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • : Beltsville, MD
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12703
  • -Received: 4160
Re: F150 Boost pressure feels limited
« Reply #90 on: March 26, 2020, 03:38:59 PM »
They have one for the regular Taurii that are flex fuel capable, but none otherwise.  Same for F150 I expect.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Offline Defhd10

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Received: 1
  • Ecobooster
« Reply #91 on: March 26, 2020, 04:13:02 PM »
So any ideas on where to start or what to do now at this point?  Could this explain why my turbos are much louder but yet being limited to 7lbs when not under wot?  Or do i just still have a really bad batch of fuel in my tank?  I didnt see a pid for the high pressure fuel pump.  Could there be something wrong with it causing these problems?  I appreciate all the help guys.

Offline TopherSho

• Elite Member
  • : Eugene Oregon
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 483
  • -Received: 354
  • 1st boosted rig!
« Reply #92 on: March 26, 2020, 08:05:42 PM »
the OAR value should not drop like that,  could it be bad gas?  maybe?  But I assume you have been fueling more than once recently so I think the likelihood is less for bad fuel.  To much Ethanol is a possibility,  but you would have to run north of E30 to see it,  and as soon as you fueled up again with 92 it would resolve.

With the comment from SHOdded that you may not have a true flexfuel sensor for that year were back to possible O2 sensors.. your cats seemed fine as compared to your fathers.  O2's they play a large role in determining fuel 'type'.  are you 100% certain the dealer really replaced the o2's  and did they do the fronts AND back ?

2010 non-pp, 50k miles, 3-bar,  .30 plugs, 170-T-stat, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJP TURBO METH TUNE-REV3

Best of 12.61 no DA correction

Online SHOdded

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • : Beltsville, MD
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12703
  • -Received: 4160
« Reply #93 on: March 26, 2020, 08:37:57 PM »
Def verify the O2s are new and not fouled out
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Offline Defhd10

• Thank You
  • Ecobooster
« Reply #94 on: March 27, 2020, 06:34:36 AM »
the OAR value should not drop like that,  could it be bad gas?  maybe?  But I assume you have been fueling more than once recently so I think the likelihood is less for bad fuel.  To much Ethanol is a possibility,  but you would have to run north of E30 to see it,  and as soon as you fueled up again with 92 it would resolve.

With the comment from SHOdded that you may not have a true flexfuel sensor for that year were back to possible O2 sensors.. your cats seemed fine as compared to your fathers.  O2's they play a large role in determining fuel 'type'.  are you 100% certain the dealer really replaced the o2's  and did they do the fronts AND back ?
Uh the dealer hasnt touched anything on the truck other then the reprogramming. Everything thats been swapped/changed was done by me so the o2s are the originals. Ill pull them this weekend to take a look and clean them. Plenty tanks of fuel have been ran through since the beginning of this so i dont foresee it being bad fuel either.

Offline TopherSho

• Elite Member
  • Thank You
  • 1st boosted rig!
« Reply #95 on: March 27, 2020, 09:31:36 AM »

Uh the dealer hasnt touched anything on the truck other then the reprogramming. Everything thats been swapped/changed was done by me so the o2s are the originals. Ill pull them this weekend to take a look and clean them. Plenty tanks of fuel have been ran through since the beginning of this so i dont foresee it being bad fuel either.

Sorry on the parts touching ;) .. I remember now that you did the hardware.  In my head cleaning my help,  but if the tips are embedded with debris or the voltage coming out of them is out of range the ECU may still be doing the unusual adjustments.  Im still a bit perplexed with the throttle actual behavior but the OAR sinking like a rock is all we have to go on :/
2010 non-pp, 50k miles, 3-bar,  .30 plugs, 170-T-stat, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJP TURBO METH TUNE-REV3

Offline Defhd10

• Thank You
  • Ecobooster
« Reply #96 on: March 27, 2020, 09:53:45 AM »

Sorry on the parts touching ;) .. I remember now that you did the hardware.  In my head cleaning my help,  but if the tips are embedded with debris or the voltage coming out of them is out of range the ECU may still be doing the unusual adjustments.  Im still a bit perplexed with the throttle actual behavior but the OAR sinking like a rock is all we have to go on :/
Its all good and again i greatly appreciate all the help.  Maybe the water indigestion and misfire caused the o2s to get out of sync i dont know. I really wish it would throw a code. It would make me feel alot better if the truck knew there was a problem going on. I did try my dads throttle body awhile back thinking maybe a throttle position sensor issue, but of course it didnt change anything.

Offline TopherSho

• Elite Member
  • Thank You
  • 1st boosted rig!
« Reply #97 on: March 27, 2020, 11:14:11 AM »
NP! 

Offline Defhd10

• Thank You
  • Ecobooster
« Reply #98 on: March 29, 2020, 12:14:19 PM »
Decided im not going to touch the o2s. Atleast not yet. Im not getting any codes associated with them like i should if they were a problem, and i dont want to ruin them by attempting to clean. To the point now im going to run it until it throws a code or a rod. Really dont care at this point. Ive wasted so much time and money and not one single thing i do makes any bit of improvement.  Really appreciate all the help guys, but ive pretty much given up. If i knew what it was i wouldnt have a problem spending the money to fix it, but im done wasting my money on the things that wont fix it.

Offline TopherSho

• Elite Member
  • Thank You
  • 1st boosted rig!
« Reply #99 on: March 30, 2020, 07:58:36 AM »
I'd be very careful tossing a rod,  if the dealership/ford network/warranty-company has you marked down as 'modified' they will not honor a engine rebuild.  I ran into that with my Bad injector taking my block out.  I had to pay out of pocket.

Understand the frustration though...

Offline SM105K

• Elite Member
  • : Arizona
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 778
  • -Received: 957
  • HATER MAKER
« Reply #100 on: March 30, 2020, 09:42:25 AM »
The Dealership did it.  It most likely corrupted the ECU with the new flash. 
« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 09:46:06 AM by SM105K »
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | GH Intercooler | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts | MSD Coils | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | H&R Springs | Power Stop Brakes | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | AJPTurbo Flex Fuel Tune | Megan Racing Catless Downpipe | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter

Offline Defhd10

• Thank You
  • Ecobooster
« Reply #101 on: March 30, 2020, 10:38:42 AM »
I'd be very careful tossing a rod,  if the dealership/ford network/warranty-company has you marked down as 'modified' they will not honor a engine rebuild.  I ran into that with my Bad injector taking my block out.  I had to pay out of pocket.

Understand the frustration though...
Im already out of warranty, so nothing really to lose at this point.

Offline Defhd10

• Thank You
  • Ecobooster
« Reply #102 on: March 30, 2020, 10:46:51 AM »
The Dealership did it.  It most likely corrupted the ECU with the new flash.
I would like to believe this is true, but i really dont know. I had too many things happen at once for me to point it directly at the flash. Im mostly leaning towards the condensation causing the problem. I cant confirm 100% what the boost was directly after the misfire because i was stock tuned and wasnt paying any attention. As soon as i got the tune back on is when i noticed the problem. And when switching back to stock i noticed it was still present because i was paying attention to it. Granted this was after the dealer flash, but i still cant confirm thats what caused it.

* Featured Topics

* Recent Topics

Re: Buying Explorer Sport - mod help
by Gjkrisa | Today at 10:28:38 AM
I was aiming for a 2016+ for sync 3 Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapa...
Re: Suggestions where to buy PPE catted DPs
by sm105k | Today at 09:57:38 AM
:smash: :smash: :smash:Please don't do this, you're jumping...
Re: DannyMack 13 MKS "Old Man" Build and Maintenance Thread
by Dannymack | March 31, 2020, 12:57:03 PM
Pretty happy with how aggressive this thing looks so far. Especially c...
Re: New Bro
by SHOstopper | March 30, 2020, 01:55:38 PM
So my hombre is a wizard and this is the finished product. I couldn�...
Re: leak in rear windshield ?
by ZSHO | March 30, 2020, 01:05:45 PM
Fingers crossed for ya! Z...
by Defhd10 | March 30, 2020, 10:46:51 AM
The Dealership did it.  It most likely corrupted the ECU with the...
Re: SBS 2016 Taurus SHO Build Thread
by StealBlueSho | March 29, 2020, 04:45:29 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200329/667e0cfc909d60d4096ca5aa46f0...
Re: 2013 Ford Edge SEL 2.0 EB Transmission Relearn Process:
by SHOdded | March 29, 2020, 03:55:50 PM
Not many Edge owners on here, not active anyway.Forscan Lite has a TCM...
New recommended spark plug
by bamsho | March 29, 2020, 03:01:20 PM
Well since FMC discontinued the SP542 plugs,  I thought the SP578...
Re: Ethanol analyzer
by WinPlaceSHO | March 29, 2020, 01:44:32 PM
Ok, my "Google-Fu" wasn't working yesterday, but I fina...
Re: SCT Friday Flash Sale, Today only 3-27-2020
by tmcphail | March 29, 2020, 10:45:55 AM
Sale has been extended to the 31st !https://mailchi.mp/unleashedtuning...
Re: NEED HELP: Changing PTU oil on Performance Package PTU
by SuperPete | March 29, 2020, 07:17:10 AM
Yep Yep......
Re: Epp hot pipes air intake help
by ZSHO | March 28, 2020, 06:30:50 PM
Yup. The original Gen1intake indeed. Z https://www.ecoboostperformance...
Re: SuperPete SHO Build record
by Macgyver | March 28, 2020, 02:04:15 PM
They have a MAF cleaner. Not sure how brake cleaner does. Although I a...
Re: BBK 3.5L/3.7L V6 70MM THROTTLE BODY for 10-19 SHO/FLEX/MKS
by Jordan | March 28, 2020, 05:21:26 AM
I've never heard of anybody having issues on the stock throttle b...