• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Suggestions where to buy PPE catted DPs

Started by 10ECOMKS, February 19, 2020, 08:38:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

10ECOMKS

Looking to purchase a set for my MKS. I'm seeing them at a couple places all about $1000 shipped. Anybody know of a reputable place doing any better on these? or is that the fee..

nickstewartroc

Sounds about right for a set of catted pipes
Current:
2013 Ruby Red Flex Limited EcoBoost, Unleashed Tuned, drop in filter

Gone but not forgotten: 2011 SHO Non-PP in Black Tuxedo Metallic - Catback, DPs, Stoptech Z23s, MDesign CAI, LMS Tune

10ECOMKS

Quote from: nickstewartroc on February 19, 2020, 11:08:25 PM
Sounds about right for a set of catted pipes

Thanks, Yeah it seems to be the going rate. I just ordered my set. I ended up getting free shipping so that saved me some dough.

avidmotion

I think I'd want the PPE, is this still currently the only one that passes emissions n not set a SEL? I see livernoise set is 300 cheaper. Do the current livernoise dp's still set off SELs?
Sp542@.028, windstorm CAI, MSD coils, AO GH TUNE, GH intercooler, All Amsoil, General Gmax-rs summer tires, +PP, PP PADS,EDC rotors, Colinite 476s wax, used PPE DPs, Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete with custom X pipe, Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts|, 3 bar, stock thermostat,  TRACY LEWIS DESIGNED Team RXP, the Original oil separator.

ZSHO

Quote from: avidmotion on February 24, 2020, 05:43:48 PM
I think I'd want the PPE, is this still currently the only one that passes emissions n not set a SEL? I see livernoise set is 300 cheaper. Do the current livernoise dp's still set off SELs?
The LMS catted DP are for (Off-road) use only and unfortunately will not pass emissions testing AFAIK. To the OP Best of luck on the brand of your choice. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

10ECOMKS

Thanks ZSHO. After doing some research I decided on the PPE catted DPs. Now I just have to wait for them to arrive. I see you're running the same.

SM105K

I just bought a pair of Catted PPE DP's from Vivid Racing for another member yesterday.  They were $1059.10 with a 4 week lead time.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

10ECOMKS

Quote from: SM105K on February 25, 2020, 09:05:38 AM
I just bought a pair of Catted PPE DP's from Vivid Racing for another member yesterday.  They were $1059.10 with a 4 week lead time.

Thanks for your input SM105K, I ended up purchasing mine from Vivid Racing as well and was quoted the same 4 week lead time.

SM105K

Quote from: 10ECOMKS on February 25, 2020, 12:47:58 PM

Thanks for your input SM105K, I ended up purchasing mine from Vivid Racing as well and was quoted the same 4 week lead time.

The funny thing is...Vivid and PPE are literally within a mile of each other and they are local to me. 
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

10ECOMKS

Quote from: SM105K on February 25, 2020, 12:51:19 PM
Quote from: 10ECOMKS on February 25, 2020, 12:47:58 PM

The funny thing is...Vivid and PPE are literally within a mile of each other and they are local to me.

I'm a bit farther... about 2000 miles  :))
If they're ready to ship to me in 4 weeks, I'll be ecstatic. I was expecting to be told 6 to 8.

IGottaShoYou

If i put off road down pipes on will that set the cel ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZSHO

Quote from: IGottaShoYou on March 31, 2020, 07:47:01 PM
If i put off road down pipes on will that set the cel ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Absolutely! It will set off the rear catalyst deficiency monitors for code P0420 & 430 IIRC! There are unfortunately seldom tuners which disable the rear 02 monitors especially with todays stricter Epa emissions standards.. Best of luck. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Leadfoot

I just installed the new set of PPE catted downpipes. Had the old set for 6 years but hit a retread on the highway and damaged the old set. The new set has quicker throttle response than the old set due to the larger collectors (old set was still a lot better than stock), and still does not set a CEL, even on a stock tune. Check out the size of the cats.
Well worth the asking price!
2018 Taurus SHO White, non pp (ACC) 20/35% tint, ceramic coating, hot pipes, PPE catted down pipes, GH Auto tune, 170 degree t-Stat. Anthony DiCunzolo gen 2 rear mount.

avidmotion

I too am looking for used or good deal new PPE CATTED downpipes. Any deals post on up....
Sp542@.028, windstorm CAI, MSD coils, AO GH TUNE, GH intercooler, All Amsoil, General Gmax-rs summer tires, +PP, PP PADS,EDC rotors, Colinite 476s wax, used PPE DPs, Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete with custom X pipe, Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts|, 3 bar, stock thermostat,  TRACY LEWIS DESIGNED Team RXP, the Original oil separator.

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: Livernois Motorsports on April 01, 2020, 08:49:53 AM
Quote from: 10ECOMKS on February 19, 2020, 08:38:52 PM
Looking to purchase a set for my MKS. I'm seeing them at a couple places all about $1000 shipped. Anybody know of a reputable place doing any better on these? or is that the fee..
Have you considered checking out a set of our high flow catted downpipes? Ours go for $779 plus shipping and we use them on all of our in house builds. We also have our new mycal touch that we can use to tune your vehicle (if it isn't already) that you could check out as well to help gain you some nice HP and TQ! Feel free to reach out and PM us or give me a call at 313-561-5500 ext 123 or ask for cody! Check out the links attached:
https://www.livernoismotorsports.com/product/LPP101115
https://www.livernoismotorsports.com/product/LPP631104
Please don't do this, you're jumping into a thread specifically about a different vendors product and unless you've made massive design changes your catted pipes they don't pass emissions they throw a code.
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts