• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Running E30 first time

Started by 18SHO, April 08, 2019, 08:56:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

18SHO

UPDATE : so I have a 25 mile commute to work so this morning the car felt sluggish still but the last 5 miles it started to feel better . I decided to do a KAM reset for the 2nd time this evening cause maybe the e30 did finally reach the rails . well SMOOTH AS GLASS. I think I was right that it was bogging and hesistant even after doing a KAM reset 10 miles after filling up because it needed to mix and hit the rails. So now that she's smooth she's ready for data logging . Smooth but the tune is soft for sure power is stock or less then stock power level . Can't wait to get the tune finalized. Thanks to everyone for your replies and help , the forum is the best go to for all of us !  70 miles on the tank and gas milege is the same as 93 octane go figure LOL
2018 SHO PP factory stock for now
AJPTURBO E30 tune stock plugs .028 gap
5.25.19 12.53 @ 112.96 1.85 60FT 1850 DA 71 F
Best trap 113.61

Jordan

Yeah once those long term fuel trims get settled in they can take a little bit to get back to normal. KAM reset after almost any flash is a must to me!
World's Fastest SHO Ecoboost July 2019 - Current

2020 Power Numbers - 536AWHP/647Torque

SM105K

Quote from: Jordan on April 09, 2019, 09:33:35 PM
Yeah once those long term fuel trims get settled in they can take a little bit to get back to normal. KAM reset after almost any flash is a must to me!

I have only KAM reset my car once......I wonder.....
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

4sfed

Sorry, this is pretty old post and knowing Brad, I'm sure you've got this issue nipped in the bud, BUT....you might want to check your stations "E" content of their E85.  I checked my local stations content with a [cheap] test kit and found it to be closer to E72, than E85.  They're by law allowed to go as low as E70.

I mention this because (as I understand it), an E30 mix needs a richer mixture.  So if your tune is pushing more fuel, but you're not running enough "E" to warrant the amount of fuel your pushing, that could cause bogging or sluggishness.

2015 SHO, GH E30 tune, GH intercooler, 3 bar, SP542's, PPE Cat'd DP's, XDI-35, H&R springs, AD Gen2 mounts
Factory Five Mark III, 2004 Mach I donor (gone)
2003 Mustang Cobra 'vert, 456 rwhp, with mods (gone)
2002 MB C32 AMG (gone)
1997 Cobra 'vert, Vortech'd (gone)