• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Misfiring codes P0300, P0302 and P0306

Started by ddlopes, February 16, 2020, 03:42:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

X2 ^^^ FORD PERFORMANCE 3.5L ECOBOOST COLD SPARK PLUG SET
PART NUMBER: M-12405-35T.  Z
$40.23 - X 6 plugs

https://www.levittownfordparts.com/sku/m-12405-35t.html

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SM105K

Quote from: ZSHO on February 18, 2020, 07:45:28 AM
X2 ^^^ FORD PERFORMANCE 3.5L ECOBOOST COLD SPARK PLUG SET
PART NUMBER: M-12405-35T.  Z
$40.23 - X 6 plugs

https://www.levittownfordparts.com/sku/m-12405-35t.html

I just bought a set.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

TopherSho

2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

SM105K

"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

ddlopes

Looks like the SP578's that are replacing the SP542's aren't the same heat range. LMAO... I can't win... I'll be ordering the Ford Performance plugs today. Hopefully I can pick up a set today at Tasca Ford. If not I'll order online. Thanks for the heads up guys!!!
2013 SHO P/P mods: EcoPower Parts dual CAI, 3 bar, PPE catted down pipe, SCT X4, 170 degree thermostat, SNOW PERFORMANCE methanol stage 3 with ProMeth staineless steel braided lines, AeroForce gauges, Hot pipes, custom boost activated cutout xpipe, tial bov, Tial Wastegate mod, GH intercooler, MSD coils, AFE throttle spacer, UPR catch can, Rovos Durban wheels, AJP tuned to 389hp and 503trq on mustang dyno

ddlopes

Just a heads up. Installed new Ford Performance plugs and the car is back to normal with no more misfires. Thanks for all the help!!
2013 SHO P/P mods: EcoPower Parts dual CAI, 3 bar, PPE catted down pipe, SCT X4, 170 degree thermostat, SNOW PERFORMANCE methanol stage 3 with ProMeth staineless steel braided lines, AeroForce gauges, Hot pipes, custom boost activated cutout xpipe, tial bov, Tial Wastegate mod, GH intercooler, MSD coils, AFE throttle spacer, UPR catch can, Rovos Durban wheels, AJP tuned to 389hp and 503trq on mustang dyno

ZSHO

Great news is always welcomed. Z  :thumb:

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ddlopes

Well I took the car out this morning for work and again I had the engine light flashing then go off while driving. This happen after I went WOT on the highway. Seemed to have a very small hesitation then pulled good. I'm not seeing any knock at all. I'm starting to think it may be a fuel injector. Or possibly the octane booster may have damaged an O2 sensor. I'll check the codes when I get home to see what comes up. Thanks for looking...

TopherSho

Quote from: ddlopes on February 23, 2020, 12:11:39 PM
Well I took the car out this morning for work and again I had the engine light flashing then go off while driving. This happen after I went WOT on the highway. Seemed to have a very small hesitation then pulled good. I'm not seeing any knock at all. I'm starting to think it may be a fuel injector. Or possibly the octane booster may have damaged an O2 sensor. I'll check the codes when I get home to see what comes up. Thanks for looking...

Do you have a non-meth tun to run on your hardware?  if so drop down to that and put it in manual shift mode and do a 3rd gear sweep from 2500-6000 rpm and check the STFT .. it should be obvious at that point.  Gluck
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi

ddlopes

Quote from: TopherSho on February 23, 2020, 01:45:11 PM
Quote from: ddlopes on February 23, 2020, 12:11:39 PM

Do you have a non-meth tun to run on your hardware?  if so drop down to that and put it in manual shift mode and do a 3rd gear sweep from 2500-6000 rpm and check the STFT .. it should be obvious at that point.  Gluck

Thanks... I will definitely try that!!!

ddlopes

So I took the car out again last night to see if I could get a code to come up. Unfortunately no codes but I definitely have a hesitation and sputtering issue. This only happens when I attempt to go WOT. I'm thinking after having to replace the spark plugs due to the orange coating from the Boostane. Perhaps the O2 sensor/sensors also need to be replaced. I'll pull out the wideband sensor today and see how it looks. My question is can the O2 sensor go bad without a code showing up and can a bad O2 cause these types of issues. Thanks in advance for looking.

ZSHO

How many miles on your SHO! The sputtering sounds more like an (COP) ignition harness connector issue IMO!
I would double check the connectors to verify that there fully seated and the (red tab) snap into place.
I would also check Spark resistance with a multimeter to verify concern..

There are 2 Front wide-band 02 sensors which should be replaced in pairs and have the same part numbers.
I believe the Fault code needs to be set for at least 3 consecutive times before a code will be emmitted IIRC. Z

ddlopes

Quote from: ZSHO on February 24, 2020, 08:58:06 AM
How many miles on your SHO! The sputtering sounds more like an (COP) ignition harness connector issue IMO!
I would double check the connectors to verify that there fully seated and the (red tab) snap into place.
I would also check Spark resistance with a multimeter to verify concern..

There are 2 Front wide-band 02 sensors which should be replaced in pairs and have the same part numbers.
I believe the Fault code needs to be set for at least 3 consecutive times before a code will be emmitted IIRC. Z

Car has 29K but motor has approximately 800 miles on it. Engine was replaced by ford due to LSPI. I already triple checked the connectors for the coils.

TopherSho

Quote from: ZSHO on February 24, 2020, 08:58:06 AM

Soo sooooooo ##@#ing this ... ^^

I like Fords,  but I hate ford built in diagnostics.   I had a very bad Injector dumping fuel,  no codes... Had bad plugs,  no codes,  Had a bad wastegate that was stuck basicly closed no codes. 

Get it up on a rack and pull the O2's in front they will have the worst impact. 

Z... could this be a bad knock harness? Like we have seen with the rubbing issue?

TopherSho

if you did not replace your cats with the new block,  you can likely expect some reduced life from the goop :(   .. on the other high low flow cats yield good gains :)