• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Misfiring codes P0300, P0302 and P0306

Started by ddlopes, February 16, 2020, 03:42:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ddlopes

Took the car out last nite and noticed the engine light started flashing after getting into the throttle.  The flashing light then went out on it's own while I was driving. When I got home I pulled codes P0300 (multi cylinder misfires), P0302 (cylinder 2 misfire) and P0306 (cylinder 6 misfire). Anyone ever run into this? Sparks and MSD coils have about 600 miles on them. I'm gonna pull the plugs in bank 2 and 6. Also gonna check for vacuum leaks. Thanks for looking.
2013 SHO P/P mods: EcoPower Parts dual CAI, 3 bar, PPE catted down pipe, SCT X4, 170 degree thermostat, SNOW PERFORMANCE methanol stage 3 with ProMeth staineless steel braided lines, AeroForce gauges, Hot pipes, custom boost activated cutout xpipe, tial bov, Tial Wastegate mod, GH intercooler, MSD coils, AFE throttle spacer, UPR catch can, Rovos Durban wheels, AJP tuned to 389hp and 503trq on mustang dyno

TopherSho

Swap the plugs and coils around,. Move them in pairs and see if it moved the codes to the new cylinders.

If it does not stop driving and get her in for injector diagnosis
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

ddlopes

Exactly what I plan on doing. Just took it out for a quick run and as soon as I attempted to go wot it stumbled and started sputtering... when I drive normal there's no issues. And the idle is good. I'm gonna pull the plugs tonight
2013 SHO P/P mods: EcoPower Parts dual CAI, 3 bar, PPE catted down pipe, SCT X4, 170 degree thermostat, SNOW PERFORMANCE methanol stage 3 with ProMeth staineless steel braided lines, AeroForce gauges, Hot pipes, custom boost activated cutout xpipe, tial bov, Tial Wastegate mod, GH intercooler, MSD coils, AFE throttle spacer, UPR catch can, Rovos Durban wheels, AJP tuned to 389hp and 503trq on mustang dyno

ddlopes

Well plugs are junk... I'm pretty sure...

SHOdded

Whoa!  Running leaded fuel or fuel with MTBE in it?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ddlopes

Nope. I run 93 octane with (1) can of Boostane Professional. But just recently switched over to 93 octane and VP racing fuel X85 (E85) for a E30 fuel tune. I've been running the E30 tune for the last 100 miles or so.

ddlopes

Looks like the orange color is normal when running Boostane. From what I've seen so far on the internet. I'll need to check more into this issue.

SHOdded

Hmm will check it out also.  They may claim no mtbe but ...

I remember  bamsho reporting plugs being fouled by an octane booster, dont recall which one tho.

Best off with race fuel or bnd automotive  additives.

========

MMT is what I was thinking of for that special orange glow.  Boostane's formula is "proprietary" so only independent testing will show what it contains.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

TopherSho

WOW! .. That's uh quite the color.. yeah whatever additive was used it is not burning clean.

Good news .. not injectors!
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi

bamsho

Used Octanium from VP racing.  Plugs had a red/ orangish color but never that bad.   I would look at the Upstream 02 sensors, I bet they look that bad too.  They may need replaced too.  I stopped using Octanium, just use Sunoco 260GTX its 98 octane non ethanol fuel.
2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

ddlopes

Weird thing is if never seen this happen before to my plugs. I've been running Boostane for over a year. Last time I replaced the plugs they didn't have this strong orange color. These plugs look bad but on other forums they said the orange coating in normal. But I'll see what happens once I install new plugs. Hopefully it resolves my misfires!!!

SHOdded

ddlopes

Just ordered new plugs from Rockauto. Looks like the sp542 spark plugs have been replaced by the sp578. Anyone know if the gap of .28 has changed also?

TopherSho

I'm unsure but it appears the 578's are not the same heat range .. :( 

https://www.f150ecoboost.net/threads/sp578-plugs.77884/page-2

But this is to be taken with a grain of internet 'sayz-so' testimony

Z comments?

TopherSho