• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Best downpipe/tune/other bolt on’s for boat pulling 2013 f150?

Started by jimmyducati, February 29, 2020, 08:14:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmyducati

Hi all,
Sold my 2010 SHO in 2017 to be disappointed in the ecodiesel world. Picking up a very low mileage 2013 Limited F150 that will be my daily driver and pull a 24ft jet boat (approx. 7,000#)  on the weekends.

I plan on getting tuned by 5star and installing a set of catted 3" down pipes, although I haven't settled on a brand yet. A set of upgrades turbos and an upgraded intercooler are also planned along with meth injection, but that will be next winter.

I hear lots of good things about ppe catted dp's, are they the best brand in terms of keeping the cel off? After the headaches with my ecodiesel Jeep, reliability and drivability is extremely important to me.
2010 White SHO w/two tone interior
2005 Ducati 999s  (the daily ridder)
1998 Ducati 916  (the beauty queen)
1995 Ducati 900ss (the track terror)
1978 Harley Davidson Shovelhead

SHOdded

IDK if they make anything for the F150s, but if they do, you can be assured they will be of high quality.  I know Torrie @ Unleashed used to sell 3 inchers for the transverse crowd, you can check out his site for F150 options.

Transmission cooling is always something to consider.  Keep an eye on trans temps while you haul.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

jimmyducati

When I order my tune from 5star, ill get the tuner/monitor so I can see actual #'s instead of just a needle somewhere between C & H. Ive read that the F150 came with a pretty robust trans cooler, but if that turns out to not be the case ill throw another trans cooler on it.

Has the EPA hit the tuning world in gas motors as bad as in diesel? I don't want to remove emissions equipment (thats the main goal with tuning a diesel) but I do want to take advantage of all the meat ford left on the bone with all generations of the ecoboost!
2010 White SHO w/two tone interior
2005 Ducati 999s  (the daily ridder)
1998 Ducati 916  (the beauty queen)
1995 Ducati 900ss (the track terror)
1978 Harley Davidson Shovelhead

SHOdded

IDK.  So far the only ruckus has been about turning the CEL off where tunes/emissions are concerned.  Coming down hard on that.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!