• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

New '10 EB MKS owner

Started by 10ECOMKS, February 06, 2020, 05:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

10ECOMKS

I'll admit it.... I had no idea about the great potential that these EBs have and what a sleeper the SHO/MKS is. I mean it..they weren't even on my radar...Until I started researching when I had the opportunity to buy the car that I ended up purchasing. I'm sure it sounds funny, but I feel like I've had an awakening...and I love when that happens with cars. I consider myself an auto enthusiast and own and have owned everything from muscle cars to sports cars to trucks. I buy things that interest me and have been tinkering on things since I learned to ride a bike.
I just purchased an Ingot Silver 2010 MKS EB ordered rapid spec 201a, Ecoboost appearance pkg, active park, and adaptive cruise/collision warning. It has under 25k garage kept miles on it and it came with all the service records from the same dealer. I have to say I am impressed with its performance even as it is completely stock, but I have plans to modify it in stages. I'm chomping at the bit to start, but I want to take my time to develop a plan of attack. I'm looking forward to learning a lot from the community.

Black Dream

Great story. I bought my '10 MKS Eco last summer and didn't know they existed when I started my car search. I lost a prized 06 GTO I bought in 2015 to flooding last May. The Goat had 27k miles on it bone stock when I bought it and was in like new condition. When I lost it I had my eyes on the SHO but doing research discovered the MKS Eco existed.

As a fellow gearhead and performance car fan all it took for me to fall in love was a test drive of one of the Lincolns locally. I flew 600 miles to pick it up and drive it home. Didn't take long for the modding to begin but I kept it in check. CAI, colder plugs, 3 bar MAP sensor and a tune was where I stopped. Car runs like a bat out of hell now, it feels very close to the Goat in performance but doing so in Lincoln luxury.

Welcome to the forum, it's a great resource for our cars a has a great community of members. Seems to be more mature than most of the car forums I'm a member of and I've learned a lot here.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

2010 MKS Eco, Airaid, SCT X4, Unleashed, SP542 plugs, 3 bar MAP and current daily.

2006 Pontiac GTO M6, 1 of 101 exactly like her, bone stock, lost to flood 5/19, gone but not forgotten....

10ECOMKS

Thanks for the welcome Black Dream. Sorry you lost the goat, I'm sure that was tough. I'm a fan of the Holden cars, I haven't had an opportunity to drive one tho. I owned a '66 tri-power for a few years.
Like you I really have fallen for the MKS and am looking forward to where this new project goes. Best of luck with yours.

SHOdded

Welcome aboard, glad to have u here, and look forward to your upcoming adventures :)  Do post pics of your new ride when you get a moment :)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

10ECOMKS

Thank you SHOdded. Glad to find the forum. I'm going to get some pics and post when all this rain finally stops here in NJ.

PDSHO

2013 Taurus Police Interceptor. AWD, Eco-Boost. SOLD
2015 Lincoln Navigator L, 4x4, Eco-Boost.
2016 Taurus Police Interceptor, Eco-Boost
2014 Lincoln MKS Eco-Boost