• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Boostane vs E30 tunes dyno tested

Started by ddlopes, February 04, 2020, 05:58:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ddlopes

So I decided to test out a tune with 93 octane and Boostane Professional against the more popular E30 tune. I was spraying 100% meth on both tunes since I don't have the aftermarket HPFP. The shop I used has a Mustang dyno which is fine although I wish it was a Dynojet. The weather was perfect for dyno pulls. The temp was 28 degrees outside for the Boostane pulls and 34 degrees outside out for the E30 pulls. Both days were sunny and clear. I asked Brad for more boost and timing for the E30 but he was reluctant to do so because both were already high enough. The max hp for the Boostane tune was 389 and max torque was 459. As for the E30 tune max hp was 388.6 and max torque was 503. I was hoping for an additional 12-20 more hp with the E30 tune but it didn't happen. My thoughts are that the factory turbos are maxed out and are out of their efficiency range. As for the additional torque on the E30 tune. It was a boost spike but prior to the spike it was around 490. The shop owner stated his Mustang Dyno reads approximately 13% lower than the Dynojet. That would put the hp at around 440 on a Dynojet which I'm very happy about. So it looks like the Boostane is a good option if there isn't E85 around your local area. Thanks for looking!!
2013 SHO P/P mods: EcoPower Parts dual CAI, 3 bar, PPE catted down pipe, SCT X4, 170 degree thermostat, SNOW PERFORMANCE methanol stage 3 with ProMeth staineless steel braided lines, AeroForce gauges, Hot pipes, custom boost activated cutout xpipe, tial bov, Tial Wastegate mod, GH intercooler, MSD coils, AFE throttle spacer, UPR catch can, Rovos Durban wheels, AJP tuned to 389hp and 503trq on mustang dyno

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ddlopes

Here's the graph for the Boostane tune. Unfortunately his printing broke so I took a pic with my phone. For the E30 I just took a pic of the results because the printer was still not working.
2013 SHO P/P mods: EcoPower Parts dual CAI, 3 bar, PPE catted down pipe, SCT X4, 170 degree thermostat, SNOW PERFORMANCE methanol stage 3 with ProMeth staineless steel braided lines, AeroForce gauges, Hot pipes, custom boost activated cutout xpipe, tial bov, Tial Wastegate mod, GH intercooler, MSD coils, AFE throttle spacer, UPR catch can, Rovos Durban wheels, AJP tuned to 389hp and 503trq on mustang dyno

ddlopes

Sorry for the resolution looks clearer on my phone

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

802SHO

Awesome info, that E30 is where it's at!  And very stout numbers!  Makes total sense about the stock snails, clearly they are now holding you back.
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

ddlopes

Forgot to mention that I used VP X85 since the nearest E85 station to me is about 45-50 minutes away. When I tested the VP X85 it came out to E84 which is damn close. And I can buy it less than a mile from my house. LOL