• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2010 SHO Random Misfires (Different banks/cylinders)

Started by guitar333, February 05, 2020, 09:02:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

guitar333

hi guys,

Saturday I had a misfire...pulled the codes and got:
Cylinder 2 misfire, P0087 (Fuel Rail/System pressure Too Low)  & P0130 (02 sensor circuit, bank 1)

Ran smooth and fine shortly after and then,

Monday I had a misfire:
Cylinder 4 misfire & P0150 (02 sensor circuit, bank 2)
Checked the codes again shortly after and also got a P0304 (C4 misfire) & P00C6 (fuel pressure too low cranking).
Also loaded OBDFusion and saw the Short Term Fuel Trims for bank 2 were about -29% during the misifre. B1 STFT was -12%~

It's running fine again now, but it's a matter of time before it happens again.
What would cause a random or intermittent misfire on different cylinders/banks?
I thought it was due to my leaky valve cover gaskets, but even after replacing the gaskets and plugs I still have an issue.

Thanks
2010 SHO - CAI, Downpipes, CR Rebuilt Turbos, LMS SIII Tune, H&R

1990 SHO - 3.2 Supercharged, all the modz

SHOdded

Replace the Fuel Pump Control Module First.  I believe it is located under the rear seat.  There was a recall on FPCMs for certain years, but even if yours is not included, it is worth swapping out.  Usually you will see heat related failures on it.  The actual LPFP rarely fails.

After the swap, reset codes, and see what comes back.  Hopefully the injectors are fine.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!