• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

B1086- Air Distribution Damper Motor - Panel/floor/defrost not working

Started by Gjkrisa, January 20, 2020, 07:38:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gjkrisa

Hi so I took the car to the car wash where it's very humid I had turned on the AC to keep the windows from fogging but then the next day my blower motor was frozen from moving.
Put a heater on it then it started working again about three hours later  when it's -30f. Next day it froze again after getting it very hot for an hour.

So I'm curious how do I get to the blower motor so I can wipe out the moisture.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

SHOdded

If it is anything  like the Edge, you drop the glovebox to get at it from underneath.  Look up the MACTFORDEDGE  channel on youtube.

https://youtu.be/UmlmDJf6xw8
http://www.nicksmustangranch.com/Service_Manuals/2014/2014_Taurus/Service%20Manual.htm

Procedure:
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Gjkrisa

I hope it's that easy going to attempt it on lunch

SHOdded

Should be.  Updated post above.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Gjkrisa

Thank you I didn't check back before doing but I'd like to add that the rear left screw is reverse thread I tried for a few minutes the right way notice it didn't even budge tried the other way and it came loose
Here are the photos of the motor.
I had a heater on it the area was very warm w/ also auto started it for 30 minutes not sure if all that dried the water out but it was completely dry just can see the red soap or wax dried on there.
I left the panel off so if I need to replace it or give it a gentle kick to turn it back on it should be much easier.
The motor turned freely.

You will need a 7mm and 8mm 7 first 3 then 8 for the motor.

SHOdded

I would have sprayed liberally with electronics parts cleaner to get it cleaned out, but not sure if it has exposed greaseable parts or not.

Fingers crossed, it's back in business.

Gjkrisa

Quote from: SHOdded on January 21, 2020, 08:57:53 PM
I would have sprayed liberally with electronics parts cleaner to get it cleaned out, but not sure if it has exposed greaseable parts or not.

Fingers crossed, it's back in business.
Yea didn't think about that I really want to.

ZSHO

It might be worth to also check the Blower Control Module Resistor if its not functional!  [9L3Z19E624B].They work in accordance to each other.

Btw check the cabin air filter to verify it's not wet. Z

https://www.fordpartsgiant.com/parts/ford-control_9l3z-19e624-b.html?Vin=1FAHP2KT5DG183206&Filter=()

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Gjkrisa

Quote from: ZSHO on January 22, 2020, 06:53:52 AM
It might be worth to also check the Blower Control Module Resistor if its not functional!  [9L3Z19E624B].They work in accordance to each other.

Btw check the cabin filter to verify it's not wet. Z

https://www.fordpartsgiant.com/parts/ford-control_9l3z-19e624-b.html?Vin=1FAHP2KT5DG183206&Filter=()
Oh man your correct I should have first checked the cabin filter the first time it froze
Well it worked this morning.
I'll check the filter at lunch.

Gjkrisa

Well the filter had no signs of water in it completely dry
Does any one know of an easier was to get the filter cover off the left one has to many sharp edges in the area.
Maybe just use mechanic gloves.

ZSHO

Quote from: Gjkrisa on January 22, 2020, 04:49:53 PM
Well the filter had no signs of water in it completely dry
Does any one know of an easier was to get the filter cover off the left one has to many sharp edges in the area.
Maybe just use mechanic gloves.
Grab a pair of needle nose pliers and pull the bottom TAB UP and should pop off.

Alternative is using a mini flat head screw driver and insert it behind the TAB and PULL IT UP & outwards. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Gjkrisa

Ok now the blend door isn't operating I thought that was frozen but won't work still when I had heat in the car for 8 hrs same as before

It did kinda show signs of going out I was messing with forscan and in the error codes said the motor circuit was closed but then restarted the car and everything was fine...

So I know I have seen at least one post on this but how would I diagnosis this issue or do is there one main motor to replace for the blend doors?
Right now I believe it's just stuck on panel mode.

SHOdded

http://www.nicksmustangranch.com/Service_Manuals/2014/2014_Taurus/Resources/Service_Manual/sefc1024.htm

If it is stuck as to where the air is directed, that is a mode door actuator issue.  There is one mode door actuator for defrost/panel/floor as linked to above.

Gjkrisa

Quote from: SHOdded on February 06, 2020, 01:05:01 AM
http://www.nicksmustangranch.com/Service_Manuals/2014/2014_Taurus/Resources/Service_Manual/sefc1024.htm

If it is stuck as to where the air is directed, that is a mode door actuator issue.  There is one mode door actuator for defrost/panel/floor as linked to above.
Would you know a part number for that? 2016

SHOdded

AA5Z-19E616-C
Motor Assy
Air Inlet Mode Door
Fit Note:   
Dual Zone Auto Temperature Control A/C
Base Number:   19E616
Callout Name:   19E616C
$36.38 $22.81

https://www.rockauto.com/en/partsearch/?partnum=AA5Z-19E616-C
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=AA5Z-19E616-C&_sacat=0

Z can confirm, I am not 100% sure, but it does say mode door actuator, so am highly hopeful.