• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

B1086- Air Distribution Damper Motor - Panel/floor/defrost not working

Started by Gjkrisa, January 20, 2020, 07:38:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

That should be the correct part number AFAIK. Z   :)

Motorcraft - Part # YH1779 (19E616)

Usage: Air Inlet Mode Door, 02/06/2012 - 03/01/2019, Taurus, Dual Zone Auto Temp Control A/C
Section: Heater/Air Cond.External Components

https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/climate-control/ac-repair-parts/motor-assy-7836065-1

MOTORCRAFT YH1779  

FORD- AA5Z19E616C- Heater Blend Door Actuator

https://www.rockauto.com/en/partsearch/?partnum=AA5Z19E616C

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Gjkrisa

Well don't think that was the issue. Here is the code I'm getting I should have thought to check fuses first but thought more would go out by one fuse but I'm sure I'm wrong so I'm going thru the book. Unless you guys know anything before me.
I have alot more fuses under the driver side but can't find description of those just under the hood and passenger side fuses. I guess the driver is passenger side since there are non in that side.
Wish they gave me a fuse pulling I haven't been able to grab any with my cold fingers.
Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

SHOdded

B1086:07  Air Distribution Damper Motor: Mechanical Failure  INSPECT for binding/damaged linkage or door. REPAIR as necessary. If no condition is found, INSTALL a new defrost/panel/floor mode door actuator. REFER to Section 412-01 . CLEAR the DTCs. REPEAT the self-test. TEST the system for normal operation. 
B1086:11  Air Distribution Damper Motor: Circuit Short to Ground  GO to Pinpoint Test J . 
B1086:12  Air Distribution Damper Motor: Circuit Short to Battery  GO to Pinpoint Test J . 
B1086:13  Air Distribution Damper Motor: Circuit Open  GO to Pinpoint Test J . 

Pinpoint Test J

The HVAC module runs off a fuse in the BJB, and controls power/operation of the blend door actuators.  Very likely the problem is in the connector/wiring, or in the HVAC module itself if replacing the blend door does not work.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Gjkrisa

Quote from: SHOdded on March 07, 2020, 03:03:12 AM
B1086:07  Air Distribution Damper Motor: Mechanical Failure  INSPECT for binding/damaged linkage or door. REPAIR as necessary. If no condition is found, INSTALL a new defrost/panel/floor mode door actuator. REFER to Section 412-01 . CLEAR the DTCs. REPEAT the self-test. TEST the system for normal operation. 
B1086:11  Air Distribution Damper Motor: Circuit Short to Ground  GO to Pinpoint Test J . 
B1086:12  Air Distribution Damper Motor: Circuit Short to Battery  GO to Pinpoint Test J . 
B1086:13  Air Distribution Damper Motor: Circuit Open  GO to Pinpoint Test J . 

Pinpoint Test J

The HVAC module runs off a fuse in the BJB, and controls power/operation of the blend door actuators.  Very likely the problem is in the connector/wiring, or in the HVAC module itself if replacing the blend door does not work.
So if the blend door actuator works then maybe there is something broken in the blend door? Or maybe that is still frozen shut?  Or since I still get open circuit then that means the HVAC module maybe?
For the last week when driving the climate would trunk off and the error said something about timeout but no actual code. So I'm leaning towards replacing the HVAC module except for the motor works when  I run the test.

Gjkrisa

This is what it tells me when I unplug the motor

SHOdded

Have you replaced the mode door actuator yet?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Gjkrisa

Quote from: SHOdded on March 07, 2020, 06:53:15 PM
Have you replaced the mode door actuator yet?
I replaced this AA5Z19E616C what forscan calls HVAC damper position motor

ZSHO

There is sometimes a re-calibration procedure which need to be initialized Prior IIRC!
Both Blend door actuators on the (Passenger side) call for the same part numbers.. The one on the (Driver's side) calls for a different part number AFAIK. Z

NOTE: The purpose of the module actuator position calibration is to allow the HVAC module to reinitialize and calibrate the actuator stop points. To carry out calibration, carry out the following steps. Remove Smart Junction Box (SJB) fuse 15 for at least one minute. NOTE: When the ignition switch is switched to the ON position, the HVAC module will initialize and calibrate the actuators. Calibration of the actuators will take approximately 30 seconds. Reinstall SJB (Smart Junction Box) fuse 15. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position and wait 30 seconds before verifying correct temperature blend door operation

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Gjkrisa

Quote from: ZSHO on March 08, 2020, 12:01:38 PM
There is sometimes a re-calibration procedure which need to be initialized Prior IIRC!
Both Blend door actuators on the (Passenger side) call for the same part numbers.. The one on the (Driver's side) calls for a different part number AFAIK. Z

NOTE: The purpose of the module actuator position calibration is to allow the HVAC module to reinitialize and calibrate the actuator stop points. To carry out calibration, carry out the following steps. Remove Smart Junction Box (SJB) fuse 15 for at least one minute. NOTE: When the ignition switch is switched to the ON position, the HVAC module will initialize and calibrate the actuators. Calibration of the actuators will take approximately 30 seconds. Reinstall SJB (Smart Junction Box) fuse 15. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position and wait 30 seconds before verifying correct temperature blend door operation
What fuse should I be looking for because non of these 15 slots look right except for 46 is climate control module
But being the fuse is so hard to get out I'm going to try using forscan to just reinitialize the module.

SHOdded

FSM recalibration:

NOTE: The purpose of the module actuator position calibration is to allow the HVAC module to reinitialize and calibrate the actuator stop points. To carry out calibration, carry out the following steps.

Remove Smart Junction Box (SJB) fuse 15 for at least one minute.
NOTE: When the ignition switch is switched to the ON position, the HVAC module will initialize and calibrate the actuators. Calibration of the actuators will take approximately 30 seconds.

Reinstall SJB fuse 15. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position and wait 30 seconds before verifying correct mode door operation.

ZSHO

Slot 46 which has 10amp Fuse. (Climate control module).  Z

Gjkrisa

Quote from: ZSHO on March 08, 2020, 03:21:11 PM
Slot 46 which has 10amp Fuse. (Climate control module).  Z

Little bit different :s

Or no you did take that under the driver ?

ZSHO

They look about the same IMO! That's right under the (Drivers side) dash. Fingers crossed for ya. Z 

Gjkrisa

Quote from: ZSHO on March 08, 2020, 07:53:55 PM
They look about the same IMO! That's right under the (Drivers side) dash. Fingers crossed for ya. Z 

Finally got the fuse pulled using wire strippers

Gjkrisa

Nope still didn't work I removed both 15 and 46 had to use a small flat head to get to 15
Used a timer for the 1 minutes and the 30 seconds when I turned it on still didn't sound like it was even trying to calibrate