• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

New Bro

Started by SHOstopper, January 17, 2020, 08:48:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOstopper

Hello folks just joined and really looking forward to digging into the ecoboost performance.

Just picked up a 2018 SHO with PP last week. Pretty excited about the potential the 3.5 has and getting it loosed from the mass production constraints that its been put under.

I already installed the JLT 3.0 oil catch can first thing. The car only has 13k miles on it so can't imagine there has been any real build up just from those miles.
I ordered some 20" Niche sport series rims and Continental extreme contact tires to replace the summer wheels that came with the performance package just waiting on them to get in.

Just curious as far as forums go can I make like a upgrades roadmap to get feedback and ask questions or is it the kind of place where I'm going to get forum warriors berating me about "look it up first" or "different components need to be in different posts" etc.?

Thanks for having me!

SHOdded

Congrats and welcome to the community!

We generally do not beat on "newbies", all of us have been one at one time or another.  But there IS a fair amount of teasing and tickling, if you will.

The best way to keep things organized with specific items is of course to post in the relevant subforums.  But you can also choose to
a) create your own Ecoboost build topic, or
b) ask questions in existing topics relevant to the original post for that topic

You can search across the forum here
http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php?action=search

Why?  This helps future viewers/readers/contributors to keep interacting with the content in this forum.  Paying it forward, if you will.  So we need your help, and every member's help in this regard.

HTH.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SM105K

Welcome,

Nice looking ride.  I am interested to see how that color rim will go with with your color car.  I flirted with a copperish color rim on my tuxedo black SHO.  Hell, I might get my Curva's painted one day.  Who knows! 

Quite a few of us have "upgrade roadmaps" or build threads in the build section.  I have a pretty in depth one I will post below.  There is a lot of info and a lot of it is backed with dyno and track runs.  These cars are fun, however they are really niche....

https://shoforum.com/index.php?threads/sm105ks-ownership-performance-maintenance-thread.138235/
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

SHOdded

Another thing I will add:  I find that most of us come from a Ford background if not a SHO background, but still have plenty of first-timers coming over to the "dark side" :D  SM105K mentioned "niche", that plays into parts availability and what owners are willing to do with their cars.  As you will see from his build thread, this car can be pushed pretty far above stock, but there are some rules of engagement.  Sometimes the SHO will become a garage queen :o  If you maintain, you will gain.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SM105K

Quote from: SHOdded on January 17, 2020, 10:51:45 AM
Another thing I will add:  I find that most of us come from a Ford background if not a SHO background, but still have plenty of first-timers coming over to the "dark side" :D  SM105K mentioned "niche", that plays into parts availability and what owners are willing to do with their cars.  As you will see from his build thread, this car can be pushed pretty far above stock, but there are some rules of engagement.  Sometimes the SHO will become a garage queen :o  If you maintain, you will gain.

Shodded is exactly right.  These are niche machines.  There is an aftermarket, but not like other platforms.  I bought mine to be a daily, and I put 17k miles on it in 10 months.  I realized I like it too much to destroy it, so it became my garage queen like he said.  I love my SHO, and after I saw the color of your rims you ordered, it really got me thinking this morning.  I have a all black SHO (chrome was paint matched) with Curva Concept C7's in gloss black.  However, I have some burnt copper overlays from DeVires over my Ford emblems and I really like them.  So it got me thinking.......

What would my all black SHO look like with burnt copper rims.......

https://www.dipyourcar.com/collections/wheel-kits-by-color/products/burnt-copper-alloy-wheel-kit?variant=14459076932

We will find out in a week or so.  I am going to dip them and see.  If I like it, then I will strip the dip, and get them painted or powder coated the same color.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

SHOdded

I think glock-coma is the only other member I have seen with the "copper" look on the wheels.

bpd1151

Quote from: SHOdded on January 17, 2020, 09:17:00 AMWe generally do not beat on "newbies", all of us have been one at one time or another.  But there IS a fair amount of teasing and tickling, if you will.

Ha! Well...... maybe perhaps "tickling" and "teasing" is a nicer way to state it.

As "berating" seems to be a tad bit harsh.

That said, accept the (periodic) ball busting. That's just all of us "older" owners welcoming you into the SHO community.

It's tradition. After all, us newer GEN owners have been tasked to carry on that torch of responsibilities from the past GEN owners.

Embrace it. Take it with a smile, and you'll be fine. If we didn't pick on newbies, then I'd be concerned for you, for not being welcomed in accordingly.

Moving along, welcome aboard. Interesting wheels. Not a common color choice, but hey, who ever said any of us were/are common folks......?

Keep the community updated as your mod list expands. Welcome to the SHOsanity!

Use the damn search button! Noob b!otch. Hahaha

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

SHOstopper

Quote from: SM105K on January 17, 2020, 09:19:34 AM
Welcome,

Nice looking ride.  I am interested to see how that color rim will go with with your color car.  I flirted with a copperish color rim on my tuxedo black SHO.  Hell, I might get my Curva's painted one day.  Who knows! 

Quite a few of us have "upgrade roadmaps" or build threads in the build section.  I have a pretty in depth one I will post below.  There is a lot of info and a lot of it is backed with dyno and track runs.  These cars are fun, however they are really niche....

https://shoforum.com/index.php?threads/sm105ks-ownership-performance-maintenance-thread.138235/

My first inclination was to chrome delete which I'll still do but I'm now thinking of places I can add some of this bronze type of accent and contrast with the dark color. That bronze dip looks like an amazing color. If there's one thing I learned painting miniatures is that accenting with the right contrasting color can look pretty aesthetically amazing!

SHOstopper

bpd1151

Sharp.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

802SHO

Welcome!  Congrats on the 18 SHO and those wheels looks good! 
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

PDSHO

Greetings from Nebraska,
I think your car is the same color as mine, those rims look sharp!

Greg

2013 Taurus Police Interceptor. AWD, Eco-Boost. SOLD
2015 Lincoln Navigator L, 4x4, Eco-Boost.
2016 Taurus Police Interceptor, Eco-Boost
2014 Lincoln MKS Eco-Boost

SHOstopper

Little update. Wednesday she is going to the local performance shop and they're gunna throw on the livernois lowering springs along with gearhead intercooler, lower temp thermostat, colder spark plugs, 3 bar map sensor, and a gearhead tune to start me out and get rid of whatever god awful tune the previous owner had on it. So it appears I'm well on my way down the road into this project no turning back.

ridered74

Quote from: SHOstopper on January 27, 2020, 07:34:28 AM
Little update. Wednesday she is going to the local performance shop and they're gunna throw on the livernois lowering springs along with gearhead intercooler, lower temp thermostat, colder spark plugs, 3 bar map sensor, and a gearhead tune to start me out and get rid of whatever god awful tune the previous owner had on it. So it appears I'm well on my way down the road into this project no turning back.

Enjoy your trip down the rabbit hole! That's a pretty good start.
Gearhead E30 tune, Gearhead intercooler, LMS firestorm hpfp, catted downpipes, corsa catback, 160 degree thermostat, 3 bar map, upgraded AD trans mounts, MSD coils, Nitto 555R drag tires on front, AR924 wheels and BFG sport comp 2 summer tires on rear, and an EPP intake.

12.2479 @ 118.05 fastest trap
11.591 @ 114.89   fastest ET

SHOstopper

Quote from: ridered74 on January 27, 2020, 10:37:32 PM
Quote from: SHOstopper on January 27, 2020, 07:34:28 AM

Enjoy your trip down the rabbit hole! That's a pretty good start.

Wow what a rabbit hole this has truly become. I'm swimming in a deluge of quandaries. Yikes