• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2014 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost with all the goodies $12,900.

Started by Agentlongwood, January 14, 2020, 11:32:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agentlongwood

Appreciate the support, yall.  And I don't plan to be a stranger.  The community here is awesome.  The one at Miata.net tends to be a little... prickly, lol.  Supposed to be meeting up with someone about the car this weekend.  Apparently had a SHO that got totalled, and he wants another EcoBoost.  Hope it works, but I'm not holding my breath yet. 
2014 Lincoln MKS - Sold... And I still miss it sometimes

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Agentlongwood

Still dealing with a dude to get the car sold. But not convinced how serious he is. But, I want to get the car sold. Updated price to $12,900. Someone buy the dang car already, lol. Got my eye on a built T56 transmission on FB marketplace, but I want to sell the Lincoln before buying anything else.

SHOdded

It will all be over quick and then you will find a hole in your heart where the MKS once was :)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Ramairetransam

off topic , go with a tr6060 or aka t56 magnum . I have a t56 magnum for my 99 formula and its so much nicer. Parts are easy to get and you dont hear about many people needing rebuilds on them . THe parts are just more strout and larger.

and your pics are gone i wanted to see what your car looked like .
13 Mks Ecoboost

Agentlongwood

Quote from: Ramairetransam on February 12, 2020, 08:52:29 AM
...go with a tr6060 or aka t56 magnum... and your pics are gone i wanted to see what your car looked like .

Definitely open to the tr6060.  As for the pictures, I just pulled up the post on my phone and they still show up.  Are you trying to view the post on a work network or something similar?  I'm pretty sure they are still there and working correctly.

Ramairetransam

13 Mks Ecoboost

Agentlongwood

Car is still for sale.  Took it to the drag strip for one last hurrah.  Ran pretty dang good.  13.0 @ 106mph with a 1.8 sixty foot time in roughly 70-75 degree weather.  That is strictly on 93 octane.  There was a guy there running E30, with the HPFP, dual inlet air intake, and he only ran 12.9.  I never bothered with E30 because it's my daily driver, and honestly I wanted to it to be fast, but just a gas-and-go simple vehicle.  It's already got the turbos/intercooler/downpipes, so I imagine it's a little overbuilt for just 93 octane and stock HPFP.  I'm pretty certain it's only running around 13.5 pounds of boost, lol.  I'm no tuner, but it seems like the HPFP and E30 would let you really dial things up, and the other mods would support it.  If I wasn't selling it to fund my stupid project, it's what I would be doing...

nickstewartroc

Quote from: Agentlongwood on February 19, 2020, 09:47:32 AM
Car is still for sale.  Took it to the drag strip for one last hurrah.  Ran pretty dang good.  13.0 @ 106mph with a 1.8 sixty foot time in roughly 70-75 degree weather.  That is strictly on 93 octane.  There was a guy there running E30, with the HPFP, dual inlet air intake, and he only ran 12.9.  I never bothered with E30 because it's my daily driver, and honestly I wanted to it to be fast, but just a gas-and-go simple vehicle.  It's already got the turbos/intercooler/downpipes, so I imagine it's a little overbuilt for just 93 octane and stock HPFP.  I'm pretty certain it's only running around 13.5 pounds of boost, lol.  I'm no tuner, but it seems like the HPFP and E30 would let you really dial things up, and the other mods would support it.  If I wasn't selling it to fund my stupid project, it's what I would be doing...

Black SHO?
Current:
2013 Ruby Red Flex Limited EcoBoost, Unleashed Tuned, drop in filter

Gone but not forgotten: 2011 SHO Non-PP in Black Tuxedo Metallic - Catback, DPs, Stoptech Z23s, MDesign CAI, LMS Tune

Agentlongwood

Quote from: nickstewartroc on February 19, 2020, 09:58:56 AM
Black SHO?

Yup.  Seemed like a real good dude too.  He offered to post my car to an ecoboost group chat he's part of.  Hung out with him and a guy with a white SHO running meth injection most of the night. I didn't post their names, because I don't know if it's weird to do that without them being on these forums, lol.  But there a good crowd.

nickstewartroc

Quote from: Agentlongwood on February 19, 2020, 10:25:27 AM
Quote from: nickstewartroc on February 19, 2020, 09:58:56 AM
Black SHO?

Yup.  Seemed like a real good dude too.  He offered to post my car to an ecoboost group chat he's part of.  Hung out with him and a guy with a white SHO running meth injection most of the night. I didn't post their names, because I don't know if it's weird to do that without them being on these forums, lol.  But there a good crowd.

Pretty sure I know the guy, met him last time I took the Flex to the strip haha. Sorry for jumbling up your thread, GLWS!
Current:
2013 Ruby Red Flex Limited EcoBoost, Unleashed Tuned, drop in filter

Gone but not forgotten: 2011 SHO Non-PP in Black Tuxedo Metallic - Catback, DPs, Stoptech Z23s, MDesign CAI, LMS Tune

Agentlongwood

Car is sold.  After all the effort and expense of putting it on Autotrader, Cargurus, Cars.com, and so on, none of it mattered.  The dude who bought it was a late 60s gentleman who saw the for-sale sign in the window while it was in the parking lot at work.  And he didn't care one bit about the performance upgrades, lol.  Just wanted a comfy old-man car.  Wanted to get $13,000 for it but I ended up getting $11,000.  Figured I'd put the sale amount on here for future reference.  Now on to buying a Miata for the LS1 swap...

SHOdded

Well, at least you get to move forward!  Good luck with your new project :thumb: