• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

My STFT is in the 90's with 100% meth at WOT...

Started by ddlopes, October 30, 2019, 12:15:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ddlopes

So I'm running VP Fuels M1 which is 100% methanol in Snow Performance system. I have the stage 3 system that has two nozzles and 2 solenoids. I recently put the system back on the car after removing it almost 2 years ago. This time I replaced the Snow Performance nozzles with nozzles from ProMeth. These nozzles are 60ml's smaller than the Snow Performance nozzles. Now after a few datalogs I've noticed a dip in my fuel pressure which goes all the way down to 1150 psi while at WOT. Also my STFT's are only in the 90's. Now I tested the system and it appears to be spraying as it should. I also tested the solenoids and they appear to be functioning without any issues. The nozzles were also removed to ensure the filters were fine which they were. The pump is 4 years old so I'm assuming it's lost pressure and it's time for another one. New Snow Performance 300 psi pump will be in tomorrow so hopefully this will fix my issue. My intake temps were dropping on the datalog approximately 28-30 degrees once I started spraying. Hopefully this will help anyone having the same issue. And yes I did adjust the allen screw on the pump to try and gain more PSI but unfortunately it didn't help out my situation. 
2013 SHO P/P mods: EcoPower Parts dual CAI, 3 bar, PPE catted down pipe, SCT X4, 170 degree thermostat, SNOW PERFORMANCE methanol stage 3 with ProMeth staineless steel braided lines, AeroForce gauges, Hot pipes, custom boost activated cutout xpipe, tial bov, Tial Wastegate mod, GH intercooler, MSD coils, AFE throttle spacer, UPR catch can, Rovos Durban wheels, AJP tuned to 389hp and 503trq on mustang dyno

TopherSho

Yup I bet your pump is toast.. be it my opinion you might consider bi-annual replacement since they are cheap..  are you braided?  If not you absolutely need to replace the nylon lines if there that old as well
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

802SHO

Your fuel pressure dipped that low (momentarily) or stayed that low during your entire WOT pull?  Meth isn't going to make up 50% + of your fuel pressure I think more like 20% at best.  When's the last time you changed your primary O2 sensors?  I had a similar experience, it was actually after I replaced my O2's and occured a few datalogs later.  It dipped for a second to about 1100.  Never to occur again. 

But Topher is right you should replace the pump.  I replace mine every 2 years.
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

TopherSho

Im betting it had a momentary dip when the meth 1st starts pumping,, then climbs up a bit.  It would be consistent with a pump that spikes up meth pressure but cannot maintain it.
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction